Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Why can I reserve via a Cert. online but my wife cannot?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

I am talking about the Visa Certs or the Cat 1-4 certs for the current Megabonus.

I am a platinum and she is a silver.

When I want to use mine, I make a reservation online. The system allows me to select a certificate in lieu of using points. Very convenient.

Her account FORCES the use of points. We then have to call in to attach the certificate and refund the points. Takes 24 hours to apply. OR we can do the whole thing over the phone

Very strange!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I take this back, suddenly I cannot utilize certificates online. It forces points. I have to call in as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.