Search

Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Hi everyone,
I'm planning a family reunion in the Philadelphia area for July and am looking at the Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown. They are offering us an excellent group rate, but before I finalize anything, I thought I'd see if anyone that has stayed there can give me some feedback on the hotel- anything you can tell me about your recent experience there would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Yes - great hotel, great location. Book it, Dan-O.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:12 pm

I've stayed there many times and it is my favorite Category 4 hotel of any I have stayed in. It's in an old bank building and has a VERY nice lobby, restaurant and bar area. The FD staff is great with no Phillytude. Location is perfect. My only criticism would be is the time it takes to get your car. They contract it out and can sometimes be lengthy. YMMV. It's directly across the street from the subway. I would book it.

Bobette
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Stayed there many times and always enjoyed it. As a Plat you'll probably get a corner suite which is basically one very large room with the bed plus a living/seating area with pull out couch. Roughly the size of two typical rooms. Plenty of room for a small gathering. I also really like the bar though it was being renovated about two weeks ago when I stayed. You might want to call for an update. I've tried the Marriott next door and was unimpressed.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
The Courtyard is the best Marriott property in center city Philly. True, you won't get all of the frills (Concierge Lounge, free breakfast etc.) that you might get from the RI next door or FS a block away, but the overall quality of the property and (especially) the staff puts it ahead of the others. Unlike most Courtyards, there is a full service restaurant/bar on site for those times you don't feel like venturing out. Highly recommended.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:25 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I would also highly recommend this property-- I've been spending my Megabonus Cat 4 certs here and think it's a great value for a Cat 4. The rooms have been renovated more recently than the two neighboring properties and are probably about as nice as you will find at a domestic Courtyard. (Although the FS property next door did a lobby renovation recently, the rooms are extremely dated.) Try to get the street-facing rooms at the front of the hotel for great views of City Hall.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Based on what you've all said, we're going to go ahead and book it. I was originally also thinking about the full-service Marriott next door, but since you've all got such positive things to say, and I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the concierge lounge anyway since it's closed on the weekend and the full serivice Marriott is quite a bit more expensive, I'm going to stick with this Courtyard.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Update...
Great hotel, service is very friendly. Appreciates Plats - amenity points + market freebie. Nice! Starbucks off lobby. Hotel is sold out, but room was quiet.. Definitely recommend, and would return.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:50 pm

This is good news since we plan on using cat 4 certs here locally for anniversaries and such
Old Jun 17, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
This hotel is now a Cat 5...try the Renaissance two blocks away if you have Cat 1-4 certs that you're trying to use.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Was surprised that this could be a 4. Not only due to service, but also location. Reading Terminal Market is one block down out of back door...great breakfast, but also just fun to walk. TIP- weekend is better than weekday as legal system for PHL is in this area so lots of people waiting for trials, etc.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by 76toPHL
This hotel is now a Cat 5...try the Renaissance two blocks away if you have Cat 1-4 certs that you're trying to use.
I wasn't aware that there was a Renaissance in Philly. The downtown Marriott is two blocks away. Is that the one of which you're thinking? That hotel is a Category 5. I didn't check this out but maybe the Residence Inn is a category 4.

AFA the CY changing to a category 5, that doesn't surprise me at all either. I actually like it better than the FS Marriott.

Bobette
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
Sorry, Residence Inn...not Renaissance. Yes, it's 2 blocks away and is a Cat 4.

There are 3 Marriotts all within 3 blocks of each other (Courtyard, Marriott Philadelphia, and the Residence Inn).

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...a-center-city/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.