Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Dallas Marriott Suites Market Center or Renaissance Dallas Hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:17 am
Original Poster

We will be in Dallas for one night.
We are looking to use our free night certificate.

Would the Dallas Marriott Suites Market Center or Renaissance Dallas Hotel be a better choice?
We are two adults and two children.
We would like to possibly do the 6th floor museum and then head to dinner. WE will be heading to San Antonio the following morning.

FYI.. My husband is platinum.

Thanks!
CSBM
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, AA Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If there are 4 of you I would choose the Marriott Suites which has a bedroom with doors and a sitting area with a sofa bed plus 2 TVs. If you're traveling during the week the lounge will be open and everyone can have free breakfast and evening snacks. Also, I don't know if they've finished the renovations at the Renaissance (had dinner last Christmas and lobby was under construction).
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stay at both fairly frequently (although neither for about a year). They are both decent hotels IMO. Staff at the suites are a bit friendlier IMO.

The gym at the Ren is pretty decent up on a high floor.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
Marriott Suites for convienience
smaller hotel
easy parking
get a 12th floor room next to the lounge.

Ask for Mabel at the front desk.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I also recommend the Marriott Suites. If you're not going to have a car, I believe they have a free shuttle that will take you to the 6th Floor Museum. BTW, there's an amazing steak house called YO Ranch within walking distance of the Museum. It's a bit pricey (not too bad for lunch), but WELL worth it. Their smoked gouda mac & cheese is YUM.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Old thread with current posts: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...tt-suites.html
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
I'd say the "lipstick" Ren all the way. The service there is top notch, especially compared to the Marriott Suites, and with renovations over the last couple years the hotel is nicely refreshed.

I guess with 4 people you might need the extra space at the suites, but I can't speak to how much of a premium you put on the extra space at the Marriott Suites.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Is the Ren still recommended over the Marriott Suites?

Appears the CL at the Suites has opened but hotel is still under construction?

Would the Ren still be the best choice?

I assume both have a CL lounge.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If there are lounges at either, please post if you know if they're open on the weekend; if not, if brekkie coupons are offered; if not, if they're key accessible for soda/water. Also, if they have i-net terminals or free wifi? And which property you're posting about. I'll then update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by cova
Is the Ren still recommended over the Marriott Suites?

Appears the CL at the Suites has opened but hotel is still under construction?

Would the Ren still be the best choice?

I assume both have a CL lounge.
Stayed at Suites two years ago.....BEST service I ever received EVER at any Marriott. They greeted me by my name everyday when I returned from work and it was only a 5 day stay.

Stayed at the Ren a few weeks ago. CL had great service and good selection to be honest I don't think you can go wrong with either property.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Does anyone know if the lounge is open on the weekends? We arrive late Friday evening and depart on Sunday afternoon.

If the lounge is closed will we be provided with full Breakfast? (Gold Members)
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Does anyone know if the lounge is open on the weekends? We arrive late Friday evening and depart on Sunday afternoon.

If the lounge is closed will we be provided with full Breakfast? (Gold Members)
This would be a good place to start.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
As a Plat, I don't think I've ever *not* been given breakfast at either one. Most recent stays are mid-2011. No weekend lounge when I was there.

Both hotels are generally pretty good. Clearly a party of 4 would benefit from the Suites. Traveling solo, I liked them both. Renaissance seemed to have a little more style to it - the new restaurant/bar is pretty cool. Suites was a little friendlier and definitely quieter overall.

The other thread has some pretty detailed reviews IIRC.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards: Gold; Hyatt: Diamond
CL is closed on weekends at the ren. I've always stayed there on a a uax rate code which includes breakfast, but I dont think they give coupons or anything on the weekends. I have had success on upgrades to an executive king suite as a gold. If you don't get a suite, get a room toward the middle of the building as the building is oval shaped, so the rooms get much smaller toward the ends.

Uax is is an expired Amex rate that included $100 bonus bucks and breakfast.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Re: the Renaissance on Stemmons (The Lipstick Building)

Just checked in - the hotel bar / restaurant is packed! Given a nice room / high floor.

We were told that lounge is not open on the weekends and there is no breakfast provided as a compensation.

Last edited by EWRTravelers; Mar 29, 2012 at 8:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.