Wiki Posts
Search

A Tale of Two Cert Stays

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman 150+, AA EXP, United 1K, Marriott PP, Hertz PC
A Tale of Two Cert Stays

This is sort of a spin-off of the thread referring to how Plat Premiers are greeted at Marriott properties...

I recently travelled east and stayed at 2 properties; The Gilford TownPlace Suites and the Courtyard Logan Airport. Two VERY different experiences!

At the Gilford property, my status was noted, I received a great PP gift, and was upgraded to a really amazing suite. At the Boston property, my status was grudgingly noted and a 79 cent bottle of water was thrust at me, with no upgrade provided or mention of points vs. gift.

Now, understand, I'm one of those roadwarriors who spends 50-52 weeks a year on the road and at least 50 of those in Marriott properties ranging from Springhills to JWs. Oddly enough, all classes of Marriott's seem to go out of their way acknowledge my status, except for the Marriott and Courtyard branded properties. The consistency of the exclusion really feels like it's part of the corporate training programming.

So, I guess my findings from this experiment are that I would recommend the Gilford property to any who travel to the New Hampshire Lakes Region, while I would have to say that the location to the Logan Airport would be the only thing I could use to do so for the Courtyard.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:08 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out the Gilford property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.