Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cool Pt Premier Gift

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Anyone figure out how to make it work? How do you know it is charged? There is no indicator. My PC does not show it connected like it does for a flash drive. I hooked it to my cell and got no indication that it was sending a charge. Will be really useful if I can figure out how to use it.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
I have not received anything as of today's (Mon) mail. Did everyone get one?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier
Hmmm. It's interesting that you PP's are actually home to get the mail.

My neighbor sent me a message letting me know he picked up a package from my front porch. Hopefully, I'll be home in a few weeks to check it out.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Took me a while to figure out how to get the USB and ipod connectors out. Anyway - it does pass power through itself so you can connect the USB to the computer and plug in either your phone/ipod on the other end and it charges. My guess is it also contains a battery and if left connected to the computer for a while it will charge. Then it could be used to supply power to the connected device. I doubt it holds much of a charge, the solar cell included produces very little current, but hey - it's cool anyway.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by brobab
Anyone figure out how to make it work? How do you know it is charged? There is no indicator. My PC does not show it connected like it does for a flash drive. I hooked it to my cell and got no indication that it was sending a charge. Will be really useful if I can figure out how to use it.
I'm wondering the same thing. I plugged it into my computer and am not getting any indication that it's charging.

Anyone?

Edit: I guess it just takes a while to get it charged. It's now able to charge my cell phone. I wonder how much battery power it stores - it'll be handy for my wife when she makes international flights and can charge her iPod inflight.

Thanks Marriott! Awesome tchotchke.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Mar 1, 2011 at 7:06 pm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
This sounds really cool and I could really use this thing. Per my wife, still no mail from MR....what gives?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by brianl19
Hmmm. It's interesting that you PP's are actually home to get the mail.

My neighbor sent me a message letting me know he picked up a package from my front porch. Hopefully, I'll be home in a few weeks to check it out.
Sunday - Friday every week. I LOVE my time at home!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: MAR:PP/PE DL:DM/1M
Thumbs down

I tried mine out today.

It had been previously charged up via USB. It had discharged in the bag over time. I plugged into my iPhone and set in the sun - nothing.

I charged it up again via USB - I left it about 2 hours, but no way to tell if it was charging or when it fully charged.

I plugged into my iPhone again, and it took about 30 minutes to add ~15% to the iPhone. Then it fully discharged, and the phone stopped showing charging. And no joy when putting it in the sun.

I re-read the spec sheet again, and solar charging takes 50 hours (of daylight - 4 days!).

While I would prefer something I can use while traveling, the SPG photo book would be less useless.

YMMV
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I got my Premier credentials last week in an envelope. No package, no solar charger
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, PC PM, MR LTP, HH DM
Well, nothing for me yet. Of course, I called Marriott the first week of March about my PP Creds, and was told that they had been mailed on Feb 9, and should show up any day.....they did --- MARCH 21.....that's only 5.5 weeks for US mail.....ahh, the pleasures of living out in the country, LA - Lower Alabama

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.