Community
Wiki Posts
Search

stay made between February 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:42 am
Original Poster

stay made between February 1

So, Just got off phone with Marriott, asked why my stay of Feb. 1 did not count towards megabonus.

Seems that check in on 31 and check out on Feb. 1 dosn't count (allthough stayed night of Feb.1.) So I say OK I checked in after midnight. She says a check in and check out same day dosn't count as a stay.

How can that be. I got points for the stay,
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mech11
So, Just got off phone with Marriott, asked why my stay of Feb. 1 did not count towards megabonus.

Seems that check in on 31 and check out on Feb. 1 dosn't count (allthough stayed night of Feb.1.) So I say OK I checked in after midnight. She says a check in and check out same day dosn't count as a stay.

How can that be. I got points for the stay,
I checked in Jan 31 and checked out Feb 2 and got credit for one night towards the megabonus. I was hopeful the first night would count as well, but wasn't surprised when it didn't.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
This is contrary to what Marriott Concierge has said in the past in regards to check in/check out dates for megabonuses. It used to be that the entire stay counted as long as the check in or check out date was in during the promotion period
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
I also only got Mega-credit for 3 nights on a 5-night stay that started on 1/30...
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cna't imagine they'd give you credit for the whole stay- what if someone had a 90 night stay that started on the last day of a promo or ended on the first?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Just got off phone again, this time with a supervisor.

The idiot says that FEB. 1 starts at 12:00 (noon). wow and all this time I'v been living in another time zone.

So, why don't they say Megabonus starts HALF WAY INTO FEB. 1

Last edited by mech11; Feb 10, 2011 at 5:39 pm
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
Just got off phone again, this time with a supervisor.

The idiot says that FEB. 1 starts at 12:00 (noon). wow and all this time I'v been living in another time zone.

So, why don't they say Megabonus starts HALF WAY INTO FEB. 1
Guess I don't understand the logic of complaints on this topic. If you book January 31 you don't pay for February 1, so why get credit? Or if you want to live by this literally, then are you prepared to be out of the room by midnight on the 31st. Seems only right since you didn't pay for the first.

Just my two pesos.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Copilot23
Guess I don't understand the logic of complaints on this topic. If you book January 31 you don't pay for February 1, so why get credit? Or if you want to live by this literally, then are you prepared to be out of the room by midnight on the 31st. Seems only right since you didn't pay for the first.

Just my two pesos.
If I was out of the room by midnight, no I would not have stayed the 1st. BUT if I check in at or after midnight of the 1st. and check out at 10 the next morning I would say I have stayed there FEB. 1 (that's all I'm saying,)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I had a stay where I checked in Jan 31 and out on Feb 1. It didn't count toward the Megabonus. I had another stay checked in Feb 1 and out Feb 2 and it did count. [shrug]
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:25 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
My first argument on this was that by the OP's reasoning, January 31 and February 1 are two days so he would expect two nights of credit. But certainly he can't be that much of an idiot (since he used the word).

But then I looked at the T&Cs for MegaBonus:
Originally Posted by Marriott website
after 25 paid nights, made between February 1, 2011, and April 30, 2011, at a participating Marriott property.
And there is just seems obvious.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If I was out of the room by midnight, no I would not have stayed the 1st. BUT if I check in at or after midnight of the 1st. and check out at 10 the next morning I would say I have stayed there FEB. 1 (that's all I'm saying,)
This is seriously silly. There's no difference to the hotel if you check in at 11:59 PM or 12:01 AM. And why should there be? Sorry, OP - I don't think you have any ground to stand on.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
I agree, it says "Nights between 2/1 and ..." the night of 1/31 is not between the dates, checking in after midnight makes no difference, it is still the night of 1/31. It seems reasonable to me that February 1 starts at noon in a hotel sense, if you look at it the other way and were asked to leave at midnight you wouldn't be too happy, I for one assume my booking for 1/31 would run up until noon on 2/1 so why shouldn't the booking for 2/1 start at noon?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitburgr
My first argument on this was that by the OP's reasoning, January 31 and February 1 are two days so he would expect two nights of credit. But certainly he can't be that much of an idiot (since he used the word).

But then I looked at the T&Cs for MegaBonus:
And there is just seems obvious.

NO, I would not expect 2 nights credit. I would expect 1 night credit towards stay 2 get 1 megabonus that starts on Feb.1

Anyone that does not realize that the new year starts at midnight JANUARY 1 has been missing something. and Feb.1 also starts at midnight. Is that to hard to understand.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
NO, I would not expect 2 nights credit. I would expect 1 night credit towards stay 2 get 1 megabonus that starts on Feb.1

Anyone that does not realize that the new year starts at midnight JANUARY 1 has been missing something. and Feb.1 also starts at midnight. Is that to hard to understand.
So February starts at midnight on 1/31, what is the first "night" between then and 4/30?

Edit - oops, I think we're saying the same thing, I interpretted your post on my first reading as disagreeing, sorry!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Is that to hard to understand.
Apparently for you it is. Read the T&Cs again.
Originally Posted by Marriott website
after 25 paid nights, made between February 1, 2011, and April 30, 2011, at a participating Marriott property.
Did you stay in the hotel the ~night~ of January 31? Yes. Is the ~night~ of January 31 included in the MegaBonus? No, it's not.

I know what your argument is and you're wrong.

ETA: You're wrong based on what the T&Cs say. If Marriott chooses to change the wording of the T&Cs, well then...

Last edited by bitburgr; Feb 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.