stay made between February 1

Old Feb 11, 11, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitburgr View Post
Apparently for you it is. Read the T&Cs again.

Did you stay in the hotel the ~night~ of January 31? Yes. Is the ~night~ of January 31 included in the MegaBonus? No, it's not.

I know what your argument is and you're wrong.

ETA: You're wrong based on what the T&Cs say. If Marriott chooses to change the wording of the T&Cs, well then...

It's a shame that there is "fine print" T&Cs

When I pay for something on the 1st. I would expect that who I bought it off realize that I bought it on the 1st. and when something happens to the item on the 1st. they not say "oh your not covered, you actually bought this on the 31st.

I'm sorry to hear I will not be seeing you at Times Sq. next year. (seeing that you don't celebrate till noon.)

Last edited by mech11; Feb 11, 11 at 10:17 am
Old Feb 11, 11, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mech11 View Post
Anyone that does not realize that the new year starts at midnight JANUARY 1 has been missing something. and Feb.1 also starts at midnight. Is that to hard to understand.
If you are Chinese, Jewish or on a corporate fiscal calendar, the new year does NOT start on January 1. Sheesh.

In hotel parlance, a "night" starts on the afternoon of the given day and continues until middday of the next day. Most hotels close the books for accounting purposes in the wee hours (3-4 AM).

Using your (faulty) logic - should you be charged for two days logding when you check in in the early evening because at midnight it becomes the next day?
Old Feb 11, 11, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keeton View Post
If you are Chinese, Jewish or on a corporate fiscal calendar, the new year does NOT start on January 1. Sheesh.

In hotel parlance, a "night" starts on the afternoon of the given day and continues until middday of the next day. Most hotels close the books for accounting purposes in the wee hours (3-4 AM).

Using your (faulty) logic - should you be charged for two days logding when you check in in the early evening because at midnight it becomes the next day?
What the PARLANCE is wrong with you guys ? Most of the night is spent on the 1st. You get charged on the 1st. (yes 3-4 AM is the 1st.) and if you have mini bar or other charges they are setlled at check out at 10 - 4. (that's the 1st. too.)

Give me a brake,, All the Chinese and Jewish people I know start the New year on Jan. 1 not some symbolic date for the fun it.

(besides isn't the marriott owned by the chinese? ) that could explain it.

You gotta love a good debate, you want me to take the other side for awhile?

Last edited by mech11; Feb 11, 11 at 1:43 pm
Old Feb 11, 11, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hhonors, Priority Club, Delta Skymiles, Hertz
Is this post serious? As a former Marriott and Hilton employee, I have never heard of a hotel that would consider your stay as being the night of the 1st. Because the accounting date being rolled in the early morning hours, I would imagine your check in date in the computer system actually shows as 1/31. Unless you stayed the night of the 1st, you would not get credit.
Old Feb 11, 11, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XHotelManager View Post
Is this post serious? As a former Marriott and Hilton employee, I have never heard of a hotel that would consider your stay as being the night of the 1st. Because the accounting date being rolled in the early morning hours, I would imagine your check in date in the computer system actually shows as 1/31. Unless you stayed the night of the 1st, you would not get credit.
former, so what did you get fired ?
so tell me if you have something from the mini bar and it ends up on the same charge on your credit card, what exactly are they doing at 3-4 am.
Old Feb 11, 11, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hhonors, Priority Club, Delta Skymiles, Hertz
I did nothing to get fired. I chose to be a SAHM. As far as mini bars go, I never had to deal with them. They are more trouble than they are worth. Sooo many billing errors. I really can't answer that....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: