Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for promotions/offers that I can request from MR/Chase?

Old Feb 9, 11, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

I need 39 nights to maintain Gold and 64 nights to reach Plat. I have about 35,000 pts and will never really be able to rack up airline miles because of my job. I get to pick the hotel but not the airline. I have a 100+ night stay scheduled for Mar 2nd @ $120/night at RI in Salinas, Ca. I am using my Marriott Premier card during the stay.

Any suggestions for promotions that I can call and request from MR or Chase? I currently have no offers, likely due to the fact that I have only been a member for two months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10, 11, 3:18 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Hyatt , HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List Preferred, Avis 1st
First learn to search - same as this guy:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...out-there.html

Well with 100+ nights you should be able to complete the MegaBonus for the points - be sure to call Marriott and request the one that works best for you - the 25 Nights

See the MegaBonus sticky at the top

And then after you complete the points you will need to switch your earning status to Miles and get your miles with the triple miles promo

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ple-miles.html

Note that both of these run until the end of April and you will need to see what is going to happen after that. If you don't sign up for the promotions then you will never get the points.
Old Feb 10, 11, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I have read both of those stickys and wasn't sure how to or if I could use them back to back. Much like the other guy, I will continue to search but someone actually replying is better. Maybe someone has had a similar experience and could weigh in with their experience. Thanks for responding.
Old Feb 10, 11, 7:51 pm

Programs: MR Plat, PC Plat
Unfortunately, RI (and TPS) only earns 5pts/$, if you switch to the CY Salinas, you'll earn 10/$. Of course, for 100+ nights, having a kitchen and some more room might be worth the extra points.

You should give Marriott a call and request a Gold or Plat challenge. That will earn you the elite bonus % a little faster than you would get otherwise. Once you are at Plat, you will get 5pts/$ from the stay + 50% elite credit + 5pts/$ from the Visa for 12.5 pts/$ total.

If you really want to milk the points, you would get a Plat challenge and once you are Plat, alternate daily between the RI & CY. You get a Plat bonus of 200pts for every stay. It's up to you if checking in/out every night is worth it for 200 pts.

Also, keep an eye out on FT to learn about gift card promos. Last year there was the Honeymoon registry gift card which gave a 20pt/$ + 10% cash bonus! I hope they bring that one back. Even if they don't, they usually have a 10pt/$ gift card promo every winter for the Christmas season.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: