Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
They run the Airport shuttle bus from the hotel every 30 minutes starting at 5 AM and make pickups at the airport on the :15 and :45 of each hour.
Print Wikipost

Irvine Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I just stayed here on Sunday night. Lounge was closed on weekends but had room key access to get in. No food/drink other than water bottles during weekend. The signs did say that breakfast was served on the weekends though.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mikelat
I just stayed here on Sunday night. Lounge was closed on weekends but had room key access to get in. No food/drink other than water bottles during weekend. The signs did say that breakfast was served on the weekends though.
Thanks - will update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Has anyone stayed here and experienced the M Club? I’m also curious about the self parking although I plan to drop my rental car off before checking in. One woman wrote a review on Marriott claiming that the self parking was in the back area where it was dark and large raccoons and rats were wandering around. That doesn’t sound like what the $24 for self parking should be for.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by VA1379
Has anyone stayed here and experienced the M Club? I’m also curious about the self parking although I plan to drop my rental car off before checking in. One woman wrote a review on Marriott claiming that the self parking was in the back area where it was dark and large raccoons and rats were wandering around. That doesn’t sound like what the $24 for self parking should be for.
I stay here quite frequently. Its a really convenient option.
1) the M club is really nice: its on the lobby level kind of near the bar area and has an entrance that leads directly outside as well. Nice selection. Staff is really good.
2) Parking is easy. It can be really crowded if there is an event, but I have never had a problem finding a spot or ever seeing any animals, etc.
3) if it matters, it has a nice gym as well.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I stay here quite frequently. Its a really convenient option.
1) the M club is really nice: its on the lobby level kind of near the bar area and has an entrance that leads directly outside as well. Nice selection. Staff is really good.
2) Parking is easy. It can be really crowded if there is an event, but I have never had a problem finding a spot or ever seeing any animals, etc.
3) if it matters, it has a nice gym as well.
Do you have to pay the full $24 for the parking even as MR Plat Prem?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
As a platinum, i have never had that fee waived. having said that: I have never asked since it is always on my corporate expenses.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I just had my first stay here and it was a very pleasant experience. They run the Airport shuttle bus from the hotel every 30 minutes starting at 5 AM and make pickups at the airport on the :15 and :45 of each hour. The drivers were very courteous and helpful each time. I had done OLCI and saw that I had been upgraded to a balcony room. Front Desk interactions were excellent.

My King bedroom was comfortable and quiet. There is a small closet, desk, sitting area, mini fridge, room safe. Bathroom was clean and nice-sized. There was no furniture for sitting on the balcony, but it was nice at the end of my work day to open the door and let some fresh air, sun into the room.

As noted on the Lounge Wiki, the lounge has been upgraded to an M Lounge, and is open 24 hours a day with a key. It offers breakfast 7 days a week, and evening offerings Sunday through Thursday.

I used it for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast included oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, French Toast, and a fried egg on hash in a single serve dish plus a large assortment of fruit, pastries, breads, cereals, etc. Food was replenished quickly, dirty dishes were whisked away immediately.

And when I say dinner, it really was a meal. There was a large choice of salad options: 2 kinds of lettuce, several types of veggie toppings, shaved parm cheese, olives, chickpeas, and 2 kinds of dressing. There was a vegetarian pasta dish plus single serve dishes of sliced chicken breast over roasted carrots and squash. And for apps there were two kinds of salsa (the verde salsa was particularly good!) with tortilla chips, plus 3 kinds of cheeses and lot of cracker choices. They had a small bar set up as well.

I didn't have a chance to use other amenities at the hotel, but I loved that the lobby bar basically opened up to the outside (weather permitting) with tables, umbrellas, etc. There was a nice looking pool area, plus firepit seating, etc. All in all, I really liked this hotel a lot. It was so close to the airport, but didn't have that airport hotel vibe.

If you like to get some outdoor time while away on business, check out the San Joaquin Wildlife Reserve about 4/10ths of a mile from the hotel. There are 20 miles of trails, I saw many kinds of birds and lots of rabbits! Right across the street was a shopping center with many restaurants. About 1/3 of a mile from the hotel, definitely walkable.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:50 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by glnsf
Sharon-

For your sticky update- I stayed there a couple times last year over the weekend and both times the lounge was open. In fact, they had two or three hot items- actually one of the better weekend offerings I have seen in a while (in a US lounge).

Greg
This Marriott's M Club lounge is backasswards as they have no happy hour on the weekends including Friday! So basically, for the leisure travelers arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday, there is no happy hour to enjoy here - very disappointing!

Nice, but empty pots and pans!
Old May 19, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
This Marriott's M Club lounge is backasswards as they have no happy hour on the weekends including Friday! So basically, for the leisure travelers arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday, there is no happy hour to enjoy here - very disappointing!
Don't most Marriott lounges in the US only have evening food on weekday nights? That's certainly the case for those extended-stay brands offering weeknight socials (Residence Inn with Marriott, Staybridge Inn with IHG, etc, typically have those only Mon-Wed or maybe Mon-Thu at some locations).

Yes, I know some Marriott lounges overseas (like Marriott Amesterdam) have breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day in the lounge it seems, but I don't think that's standard at most US Marriott's, is it?
Old May 20, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Don't most Marriott lounges in the US only have evening food on weekday nights? That's certainly the case for those extended-stay brands offering weeknight socials (Residence Inn with Marriott, Staybridge Inn with IHG, etc, typically have those only Mon-Wed or maybe Mon-Thu at some locations).

Yes, I know some Marriott lounges overseas (like Marriott Amesterdam) have breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day in the lounge it seems, but I don't think that's standard at most US Marriott's, is it?
Still disappointing for such a major property - Not sure about the US Marriotts but all international Marriott (and US Hyatts) we been to have happy hour if they have a lounge and most also have teatime or high tea time in the afternoon. BTW, the disappointment also extends to the $23 parking fee.

/
Old May 21, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Still disappointing for such a major property - Not sure about the US Marriotts but all international Marriott (and US Hyatts) we been to have happy hour if they have a lounge and most also have teatime or high tea time in the afternoon. BTW, the disappointment also extends to the $23 parking fee.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...h/16295683984/
Forget about happy hour for a second, lots of Marriott brand hotels in the US don't even have breakfast in the lounge on weekends. That's why this thread has to exist:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-weekends.html

And there's also a matching thread for non-US properties, which implies it's not as foolproof to find them open on weekends as you though:

Were you unaware of that?

Because if you were aware of that, I don't see why you'd expect a hotel that closes the lounge in the morning on weekends would keep it open in the evening on weekends?
Old May 22, 2018, 12:13 pm

Forget about happy hour for a second, lots of Marriott brand hotels in the US don't even have breakfast in the lounge on weekends. That's why this thread has to exist:

And there's also a matching thread for non-US properties, which implies it's not as foolproof to find them open on weekends as you though:

Were you unaware of that?

Because if you were aware of that, I don't see why you'd expect a hotel that closes the lounge in the morning on weekends would keep it open in the evening on weekends?
Even though I have stayed there before, I was unaware of the lounge being dark at happy hour on weekends. Last time we stayed there we checked in late and departed the next day before happy hour. But we enjoyed the pool - the large chairs used to be at the pool but now they have them outside by the parking lot.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:23 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-weekends.html:
Slight sidetrack of thread. It's been a while since I've updated some of the properties. For those that don't know, in the US I contact every single property directly via telephone. It takes about 2 solid weeks of calls to get everything updated (doing Arkansas, which doesn't have that many properties, just took me 30 minutes, so on larger states such as FL, CA, TX, etc, it can take up to 8 hours to update each state). Int'l I check the property websites & that's a solid 8 hour process. Anyway, I'll be updating the US/int'l stickies quite a bit in the next couple of weeks, so past reports of what a property does might not be what they currently do.

I now return you to our regularly scheduled programming, which is the Irvine Marriott.

Cheers.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Any bets on the lounge having happy hour this Sunday since it is a Holiday weekend? I might be staying here this weekend. If so, I will update everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.