Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Elite Nights from Chase Visa spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*

I have been using my MR Chase Premier Visa a good deal but somehow the nights havent quite posted correctly. If I recall correctly, one earns 1 Night credit for each $1500 in spending.

Now does that have to be per statement period? For example, If I spend $1400 in one statement period and $200 in the next (now totalling $1600), do I get the night credit or not? It doesnt seem to be that way. In other words it seems like you start at zero each month when your statement closes out.

If that's the case then I need to be careful with how much I spend and put on the card so that if I am close to $1500 I get there somehow by bringing purchases forward.

What have others observed?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:21 pm

It's $3,000 for an elite night.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Aah ok! That probably explains why I havent ben receiving as many as I expected.

Can anyone comment on whether I need to have $3k worth of charges on a single statement or does a night show up each time my cumulative spending crosses across statement periods crosses $3k (which typically would be every other month or so)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:36 pm

It's cumulative, it doesn't restart. I spent $2,000 something last month, but got a night.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:30 pm

The elite nights seem to show up about the same day each month.

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Aah ok! That probably explains why I havent ben receiving as many as I expected.

Can anyone comment on whether I need to have $3k worth of charges on a single statement or does a night show up each time my cumulative spending crosses across statement periods crosses $3k (which typically would be every other month or so)
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Globalist
Here are the T&C's from the Chase website

Elite Night Credit:

* You will earn 1 Elite night credit for each $3,000 in net purchases. There is no limit to the number of Elite nights that you can earn. Please allow 6-8 weeks for Elite nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards account from the last day of each calendar month you qualify. Purchases do not include balance transfers, any checks that are used to access your account, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, overdraft advances, interest charges, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind including fees for products that protect or insure the balance of your account. We have the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time. To qualify for the Elite nights, your account must be open and not in default at the time of processing and fulfillment. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.