Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn 2,000 points for paying bills with Chase card

Old Dec 5, 10, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)

Received this e-mail yesterday:

Earn 2,000 Bonus Points just for paying your bills.
You pay the bills anyway, why not earn points when you do? Set up free automatic payments and make your first new qualifying bill payment of at least $50 between December 1, 2010 and February 28, 2011. You'll earn 1 point for every dollar you spend on your bills.1 Plus for a limited time get 2,000 bonus points just for starting a new automatic payment in one of the qualifying categories.2

Get started now:
1. Contact companies that bill you regularly to arrange automatic monthly bill payments using your Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card.
2. Or visit ChaseBillManager.com for a list of billers.3
3. Earn 1 point for every dollar, PLUS earn 2,000 bonus points for making your first automatic payment of at least $50 on a qualifying auto insurance, cell phone cable/satellite, or internet bill between December 1, 2010 and February 28, 2011.2

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations for details.

2 You will receive your bonus if you meet the requirements specified in this offer. Billers must classify their merchant location for Visa in any of the following categories: insurance payments, cable and satellite television and radio services, wireless/telecommunications services and equipment, internet services. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made in each category. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for the bonus rewards. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for bonus rewards to post to your account. Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.

3 All participating merchants may not be available at ChaseBillManager.com.
Points accrued and awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards program. For complete terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards program, including all redemption values, refer to MarriottRewards.com. Terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards program may be modified and services and benefits may be added or deleted at any time without notice to cardmembers.
Old Dec 5, 10, 8:31 am

Targeted?
Old Dec 5, 10, 8:35 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold, hertz 5*, National Executive
I got this as well. I am wondering - can I enable the automatic pay for one month and then get it turned off, so as to capture the points?
Old Dec 5, 10, 10:37 am

Programs: AA PRO 1MM, BA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Mrs. JKM024 received this offer, but I did not - thus I assume it is targeted.

I would like to participate in this, but the car insurance is all paid up and my internet and cell phone are each less than $50/mo, so I don't think I can swing this.
Old Dec 5, 10, 11:01 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVP, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Received email as well.
Not sure if existing autopayments count or not (using it for years). Or, do I have to reset everything and start from scratch?
Old Apr 9, 11, 5:25 am
iwc

Can anyone report receiving the points?
Old Apr 9, 11, 8:12 am

I had to contact Chase as I had not received the points after the 6-8 week time period. After I contacted them, I received them on my next billing cycle.
Old Apr 10, 11, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
I just received the points on this month's statement
Old Apr 10, 11, 7:01 pm

Programs: MR Plat, PC Plat
I just got mine as well.
Old Apr 11, 11, 7:22 pm

My points posted today.
Old Apr 11, 11, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Cool

Mine have yet to post. Reckon I'll wait until after my billing cycle in a few days to see if they post with the CC points.

Weird how it's taking so long for them to post. Perhaps it had to do with them seeing a recurrent charge in one of the involved categories before they'd cough 'em up.

Who knows?!

Peace!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: