Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

FOX-less at Courtyard Boynton Beach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FOX-less at Courtyard Boynton Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotels typically outsource the setup of their TV channels, and don't do much "proofreading" of the results. I've seen various mess-ups on local hotel systems before. Extremely common, for example, is east coast feeds of two-feed cable networks in California hotels. You want to watch something at 8 pm, only to find out if already aired at 5 pm your time, and something different (that you don't want to watch) is on a 8 pm your time. (This happens because many listings show, for example, the TNT east coast feed simply as TNT, while they show the TNT west coast feed as TNTP, and the hotel owner just says they want TNT on their hotel channel lineup, without knowing that TNTP has to be specified.)

I stayed in one Fairfield which for months had CNN Headline News on two channels, and main CNN on neither, even though the printed guide said one of those was supposed be main CNN and the other CNN Headline News. I've also seen hotels that mix up Fox and Fox News. put some obscure PBS station on instead of the "main" PBS station, etc, etc.

I thus always have my TiVo set to record anything I might "excpect" / "plan" to watch in the hotel, and always have something I want to watch loaded on my laptop, as for various reasons what I might want to watch on TV in the hotel might not actually be available.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Other then that how is the hotel ? Rooms ? etc.
Hopefully you'll get a response re: the property. If you don't & you do stay there, please do a trip report so others will know what to expect. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
"That" was about five years ago.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
"That" was about five years ago.
Must have been with a reference to a Phillies playoff game... those days are long gone.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I thus always have my TiVo set to record anything I might "excpect" / "plan" to watch in the hotel, and always have something I want to watch loaded on my laptop, as for various reasons what I might want to watch on TV in the hotel might not actually be available.
Comcast now has an easy to use app that allows live streaming of all the news channels over a phone or computer, using the hotel's WiFi. I've stopped turning on the TV in the morning because it's easier to watch Morning Joe on my phone while getting ready, and can even go to the CL with a pair of headphones and not miss anything. I can also stream most other non-news programs the next day. The Comcast app has replaced my Slingbox, which was harder to use.

You can even use the app outside the country by connecting through a VPN.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I would pay extra for a Fox News-less Concierge Lounge. Its sound effects even annoy the dead.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
I would pay extra for a Fox News-less Concierge Lounge. Its sound effects even annoy the dead.
Albeit five years ago, I think the rules are you're only allowed one anti-Fox News Channel comment per thread.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by winstoda
Must have been with a reference to a Phillies playoff game... those days are long gone.
As a diehard Phillies fan (and God help me, an Eagles season ticketholder), isn't that the truth?? LOL.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ohmark
Albeit five years ago, I think the rules are you're only allowed one anti-Fox News Channel comment per thread.
While a call for censorship seems apropos, you are welcome to RBP.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
While a call for censorship seems apropos, you are welcome to RBP.
Just a suggestion. But, if you think once a thread isn't enough, have at it.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I always ask (or demand if I'm in the mood) that the channel be changed from Faux News if it's blasting in the CL.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Reviews seem to be mixed on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Florida.html

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.