Search

Marriott Email for FT Awards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Marriott Email for FT Awards

I just received an email from Marriott asking me to vote for them in the new FT Awards. And Marriott really touted their Megabonus, flexibility, award redemptions, free internet, and instant redemptions.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they jumped on this as quick as they have, but it did.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well voting closes October 15th so they need to get the word out. I'm sure Hyatt & Starwood will be doing the same soon, if they haven't already.

Since I'm going on StarMegaDo2 I'll be attending the FT Awards in Houston on Nov 4th. But - you don't have to be part of SMD2 to go to them. I think FTers can sign up at www.ftawards.com to attend, so if you're in the Houston area or are willing to go to Houston to attend, sign up. It will be fun, and very similar to the Freddie Awards for those who have attended those in the past.

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I haven't gotten an e-mail from Marriott but I do plan to be at the awards. ^
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doing a MR to Zurich that weekend - but would have tried to make it down for the 1st Annual FT Awards!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:30 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I did vote. And while I did have Marriott in a number of the ballots, the weren't #1 on a whole lot. But sometimes, being #2 or #3 on a lot of ballots could still bring home the hardware.

As for heading down for the awards, unfortunately, I can't make it. I'm already taking quite a few "personal" trips with the family during the last quarter of the year (and I'm traveling for work the next week as well.) But maybe I can make next year's.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
But maybe I can make next year's.
Be great if you could. Like the Freddies they're going to be the 4th Thurs of April (they're in November this year because of the StarMegado) & the locations usually alternate between east & west coast each year.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
I was surprised to get the email from Marriott too - haven't gotten any from other companies. Too late - I voted right away on the awards, so that's done with. Also, I would not have been influenced by the email anyway; Marriott has slipped in recent years in their awards program. The hard products - the hotels and timeshare properties - are still pretty good and in fact it used to be our favorite program. But for a number of reasons it is not as strong as it was. I only hope it can come back to where it was -- how about getting back the relationship with American Airlines, for one........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.