Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott credit card - charge $3000 = 1 night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

I''ve got a Marriott Premier card from Chase (the black card). A new benefit this year is that you are credited with 1 night for every $3000 charged. My question: does anyone know how to look up how much you have charged towards the next night credit? In other words, how can I figure out how much more I'd need to charge in order to receive another 1 night of credit?

If this was in effect on January 1, should I add the total charges on my monthly credit card statements? Or is there some way to check this online or by phoning Chase?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Check the Chase website, when you log into your card's account there should be an information center.

It's frustrating to think that $3000 only gets you one night, just like $50,000 gets a RT ticket on BA to Zone 1...
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:24 am

good information...
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I''ve got a Marriott Premier card from Chase (the black card). A new benefit this year is that you are credited with 1 night for every $3000 charged. My question: does anyone know how to look up how much you have charged towards the next night credit? In other words, how can I figure out how much more I'd need to charge in order to receive another 1 night of credit?

If this was in effect on January 1, should I add the total charges on my monthly credit card statements? Or is there some way to check this online or by phoning Chase?
Each $3000 gives one elite night credit, not a night at a Marriott. Elite night credit determine staus at Marriott. 50 elight night credits gives you gold status, 75 Platinum. I addition to that, when you pay your annual fee, you get a free night at a category 1-5 Marriott, which is worth much more than the fee if you plan correctly. Also you get 5 marriott reward points for each marriott $ you spend, two for airfare and hotels (I think) and 1 for everything else.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
...should I add the total charges on my monthly credit card statements? Or is there some way to check this online or by phoning Chase?
You'd have a lot less legwork to do if you just call Chase and inquire about your YTD spending. Hope that works for ya.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Marriott Platinum, Southwest RR
Are there ever any CC promotions through the bank? I have had my Premier Marriott CC for 10 months and have never been sent a promotion, I called the bank a few times but they never have anything to tell me. Am I missing something or is it possible that I am not patient
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Technically this is not a promotion, but a new benefit according to the marketing info.

As it says on the new benefit info that I received back in Feb/Mar: Go to chase.com/Marriott - click on the black banner titled Marriott Rewards Elite Status. You probably just tossed it thinking it was junk mail. I received it via snail mail even though I am signed up for electronic statements and autopay.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Sep 17, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.