Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

what is "Escape! Park Here Fly There Package"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:44 am
Original Poster

I noticed that some marriott airport hotels have this package, but the *Boarding Pass is needed.

Does anybody know what is this?

I am going to stay 2-3 nights before I fly, so how can I get the borading pass beforehand???
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:07 pm

I have used that package at three different Marriott's around ATL and have never been asked to show a boarding pass.

Wouldn't a copy of your itinerary do the job?

Also, it is my experience that the Park and Fly packages cost a little more than regular rates. Might be beneficial to book 1-2 nights at another rate and then just the last night at the park and fly rate.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by sely
I have used that package at three different Marriott's around ATL and have never been asked to show a boarding pass.

Wouldn't a copy of your itinerary do the job?

Also, it is my experience that the Park and Fly packages cost a little more than regular rates. Might be beneficial to book 1-2 nights at another rate and then just the last night at the park and fly rate.
It costs more? why I checked the marriott pittsburgh airport, the package rate is around 99, 10$ lower than the regular rate. By the way, as you said, I just need to show the itinerary, and nothing other requirements, such as should I take the flight the next day or not? Because I am thinking to change the properties between two marriott hotels nearby to get more stays...
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I haven't had to show anything for this. Just tell them when I am returning on my flight and put a card on the dashboard of my car.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by texdoc
I haven't had to show anything for this. Just tell them when I am returning on my flight and put a card on the dashboard of my car.
Actually I will just do a one-way trip, will that be a problem?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:24 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The "Park and Fly" is one of the "Escape" group of packages. These "escapes" represent good value, but frequently better value can be found. Sometimes, however the better value alternatives are sold out whereas escapes seem to be available as part of the standard package mix till the last room is sold.

This sometimes means that I've found a hotel offering only the BAR at £150 but a "park and fly" including 7 nights parking for £99! Park and fly it is then, even though I'm only staying the night... In UK/Europe this is particularly useful as a lot of hotels are what Americans might call close to airports but in the UK/Europe are in fact in the next town, so Park and Fly is offered by Manchester Airport Marriott, even though its really in Altrincham, Heathrow/Windsor, though its really in Slough and some Marriott Country Clubs even though they're really more like golf resorts and several miles away from any airport... I am sure other members could give more examples.

I've never been asked for my boarding pass.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Some hotels don't even keep track of the cars in their parking lot. If you are flying out of PHL, for example.... nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
How about in & out priveleges during one of these rates?

I'm wondering if I pay for the first night using this rate and then stay three additional nights on points, will I have in & out priveleges without getting charged additional parking?

Here are what the Rate Rules state:
Escape! Park Here Fly There Package, includes valet parking, 7 days park here and fly there, airport transportation
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
typically In and Out would only be while you're a registered guest - once you check out this would end
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Since I have four separate but consecutive reservations (paid/points/cert/cert), I should continue to be a registered guest for the entirety of my stay with in and out priveleges. Or am I totally off here?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by doodiedan
Since I have four separate but consecutive reservations (paid/points/cert/cert), I should continue to be a registered guest for the entirety of my stay with in and out priveleges. Or am I totally off here?
nope-you're spot on
Old Nov 15, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I use this at the ATL properties. One night is cheaper than paying 8-10 days of parking. The Renaissance Concourse offers the longest free days at 10. The others are 8. The new Marriott is more expensive but offers the convenience of the SkyTrain directly to/from the airport.

Best way to do it is use Marriott gift cheques to pay for the room. If you leave on a Friday, you get free breakfast, too.

Book these early because I've found that rate will go up the closer you are to your departure date. At the Renaissance, I've never had to show any paperwork to get this rate. They put a sticker on your parking ticket which is good for getting out of the lot. I don't know about the other properties.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'm equally confused about this rate. I want to stay at the same hotel (Pittsburgh Airport Marriott) for a night during a transit, and the cheapest rate I can find is this park and fly rate. The boarding pass isn't a problem, but is the fact that I won't have a car an issue?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I'm equally confused about this rate. I want to stay at the same hotel (Pittsburgh Airport Marriott) for a night during a transit, and the cheapest rate I can find is this park and fly rate. The boarding pass isn't a problem, but is the fact that I won't have a car an issue?
It shouldn't. Think of it like a rate that includes breakfast, but you're not eating breakfast.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by Jazzop
Some hotels don't even keep track of the cars in their parking lot. If you are flying out of PHL, for example.... nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more.
It once was this way at the Marriott Airport ATL. You could park your car and jump on the shuttle.

No more. Damn lift gates!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.