Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required

Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Ten (10) Elite Nights are given for each meeting held in a participating hotel under the "Rewarding Events" program. See below for non-participating brands. Information about the Rewarding Events program may be found at https://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...els/rewards.mi

The 10 elite nights per meeting are independent of any hotel rooms booked in conjunction with the meeting. In fact, no hotel rooms have to be booked as part of the meeting in order to receive credit for 10 elite nights.

Although the Rewarding Events webpage refers to room nights for meeting participants, the most important section is the one that states 10 Elite Nights, regardless if you or your guest is paying for it

In general, a written contract is required (or should be obtained). In many cases, the meeting is booked through a central Marriott group sales office instead of directly with a hotel. If booked through a central Marriott group sales office, there is a three-page contract that makes reference to the Rewarding Events program on page 2 of the agreement. A MR member number should be included in this area of the contract by the group sales office.

FAQs:

Q: What brands participate in the Rewarding Events program?
A: AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Autograph Collection, Courtyard by Marriott, Delta Hotels by Marriott, EDITION, Element, Fairfield by Marriott, Four Points by Marriott, Gaylord Hotels, JW Marriott, LeMéridien, The Luxury Collection, Marriott Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club, Moxy Hotels, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, Sheraton, St. Regis, Tribute Portfolio, W Hotels, & Westin.
Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites, & Marriott Executive Apartments do not participate in the program.

Q: How do I find a hotel that participates?
A: Click on the link to the Rewarding Events page and then in the "Plan" section of the page click on the "Find a Hotel" box. Enter the city you'd like to have your meeting in, purpose of event (Business) and then check the "I need meeting/event space" box. Enter the size of your meeting (2 attendees should work) and then click the "Find" box. Leave the start date and end date blank. A list of potential hotels will be shown. The smallest meeting room is not usually shown online --- you may need to call each hotel to find out which one has a boardroom or other small meeting room. Once you've found a small meeting room, then request a quote online.

Q: How quickly will Marriott respond with a quote?
A: Usually within a day or two --- and usually via email. The email should contain a telephone number of the group sales contact. Give them a call and tell them you'd like to follow up on the quote and you're interested in booking the smallest room available for a 2 person meeting for an hour. If they quote a price that's higher than you want to pay, ask them if they can get approval for a lower priced meeting (e.g., a recent quote was for $75 for an 8 hour use of a CY boardroom). They accepted a counter of $50 for a one-hour meeting in the room (plus service charge plus local sales tax). Urban hotels may charge significantly higher rates for meeting space than a smaller, less congested city.

Q: Is a contract required?
A: The terms of the program suggest "yes" --- although there are reports that 10 elite nights have been granted without contracts. A best practice would be to obtain a contract.

Q: How long do points and EQNs take to post after the event is over?
A: Generally, this takes 3+ business days. According to Marriott, it can take 15 business days. If you do not see anything post after 15 business days, contact the hotel before contacting Marriott customer support. The hotel has to be the one to post it.

You will get an e-mail with a subject line Your Rewarding Events Award has Posted: EVENT NAME

Q: Will the hotel know what I am talking about when I say points and elite night credits?
A: Probably not. They may know about the rewarding events points being 3x per dollar spent, but not always. Usually they know of only the Marriott system (Group Posting Tool) where they input how much you spent and when. This is done after the event and is usually authorized by the sales or general manager.

Q: The contract doesn't say anything about points, will I still earn them?
A: YMMV but so far all the electronic contracts from the website state it, but some fail to read it. The paper contracts usually talk about points, but some reports that they don't, but still post. Remember this is a Marriott Rewards benefit that the hotels don't seem to be footing the bill for.
Print Wikipost

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required

Old May 19, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by mroseman13
I'm headed towards some farmland for an event tonight and staying overnight in an out of the way area. I decided to submit a request for quote yesterday and negotiated a great meeting room rate. The very responsive Sales Coordinator confirmed that the Group Posting Tool will be used for this Rewarding Event early next week, however the document I was sent for signing is a Banquet Event Order instead of the contract others have referenced. Might be a bit of a gamble here, but with the great rate and the employees confirmed knowledge of the GPT, I think it's worth a shot. We'll see how it goes
I was in the exact same situation as you. I had a good rate and close to home, so I decided to give it a shot. She assured me I would get my 3x MR points for my rewarding event, and within 10 days I did.
Just did a second meeting there and after those post I will schedule the last one that I need.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

I was in the exact same situation as you. I had a good rate and close to home, so I decided to give it a shot. She assured me I would get my 3x MR points for my rewarding event, and within 10 days I did.
Just did a second meeting there and after those post I will schedule the last one that I need.
Did you also get your 10 nights?
Old May 20, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did you also get your 10 nights?
Yes, hence the reason I did the other meeting.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Do you have a signed contracted?

Guest Experience Supervisor Escalation <[email protected]>
yes, have a contract with the proper wording. just an incredibly inept and lazy property.

thanks for the escalation email. i'll ping them today and post back when it's resolved.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
finally got a reply from one of the properties....took them almost a week to reply....
so i have my meeting set for tomorrow evening....i have been in touch with an assistant sales manager who has been replying from the hotel....she insists that there is no need for a signed contract since they don't do that for a party under 15 people....i asked her to give that to me in writing & she sent an email stating that a contract would not be required & i would get all the benefits as per the rewarding events program....
Old May 22, 2018, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
so i have my meeting set for tomorrow evening....i have been in touch with an assistant sales manager who has been replying from the hotel....she insists that there is no need for a signed contract since they don't do that for a party under 15 people....i asked her to give that to me in writing & she sent an email stating that a contract would not be required & i would get all the benefits as per the rewarding events program....
I'm not a lawyer but I think an offer by the hotel over email and a subsequent acceptance by you would likely constitute a contract.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I'm not a lawyer but I think an offer by the hotel over email and a subsequent acceptance by you would likely constitute a contract.
i am a lawyer but i would be very hesitant to accept anything as a contract unless the terms are specifically set out....in any case, i am in a position to give this property a lot of business so if all turns out well after the meeting tomorrow then this would be my go-to hotel for all my future mediations/arbitrations....
Old May 22, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
i am a lawyer but i would be very hesitant to accept anything as a contract unless the terms are specifically set out....in any case, i am in a position to give this property a lot of business so if all turns out well after the meeting tomorrow then this would be my go-to hotel for all my future mediations/arbitrations....
What's the term, included by adhesion? So as long as their response references the program, I'd feel more comfortable.

There have been some posts claiming the 10 night credit stops in August. But if the property is delivering a good service then that shouldn't matter, should it?

Last edited by RogerD408; May 22, 2018 at 8:40 am
Old May 22, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
What's the term, included by adhesion? So as long as their response references the program, I'd feel more comfortable.

There have been some posts claiming the 10 night credit stops in August. But if the property is delivering a good service then that shouldn't matter, should it?
correct....the 10 nights credit is not a deal changer for me....i'll be lifetime platinum premier in august & will easily end every year for the foreseeable future with over 100 nights....so these extra nights don't really mean anything....but good service will get me to give them repeat business....
Old May 23, 2018, 7:44 am

It seems like most here have requested a quote or emailed the property directly to schedule meetings/events. Has anyone reserved a meeting/event room on the Marriott website as some properties allow you to reserve directly online? If so, any issues I should be aware of to get the 10 nights credit?
Old May 23, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Is $65 USD a good rate for a meeting?
Old May 23, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by husky96821
It seems like most here have requested a quote or emailed the property directly to schedule meetings/events. Has anyone reserved a meeting/event room on the Marriott website as some properties allow you to reserve directly online? If so, any issues I should be aware of to get the 10 nights credit?
Some have reported getting the 10 nights without having a signed contract. Web booking should work. Keep copies of all communications and read it carefully. If the nights don't post, first contact the property to see if they used the Group Posting Tool. If not, ask them to do so. If they don't then contact MR and request the night credit (MR is paying for them to begin with).
Old May 23, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Is $65 USD a good rate for a meeting?
Yes IT is
Old May 23, 2018, 4:20 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
So who actually stays for the whole hour? Do you just check-in. shake hands enter your meeting room then leave?
Old May 23, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by skyccord
So who actually stays for the whole hour? Do you just check-in. shake hands enter your meeting room then leave?
I sat in there for about 20 - 30 minutes and answered emails.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.