FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

quarryking Sep 30, 10 11:01 pm


Originally Posted by bhatnasx (Post 14851332)
The Meetings Matter promotion is a totally separate promo...

http://www.marriott.com/meetings/rewards/travel.mi

Yeah..?? The info on 10 elite nights for every qualifying meeting seems to be mentioned in the above link

bhatnasx Oct 1, 10 12:53 pm


Originally Posted by quarryking (Post 14864883)
Yeah..?? The info on 10 elite nights for every qualifying meeting seems to be mentioned in the above link

Yes. It is mentioned in the above link. However, the 10 elite nights has been around since before the Meetings Matter promo & my guess is that it will probably be around after the Meetings Matter promo.

TAHKUCT Oct 1, 10 8:12 pm


Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 14623164)
I am going to try to set up a couple of meetings for this weekend and see what happens.

Have you done it yet? Can you report?

Kalboz Oct 1, 10 9:41 pm


Originally Posted by kennycrudup (Post 14574379)
Who says anyone has to show up to this "meeting" but me?! I bring my laptop and/or a DVD player (don't they usually have a projector) and watch a movie- "Meeting Run" achieved!

If you are a Southern California local, maybe we can do "FT do" for two several times over complete with catering and split the benefits as in "one for me and one for you" even split :D ... seriously!

SacTownGuy Oct 12, 10 3:35 pm

I had my meeting last Friday and my 10 nights have already posted to my account. :)

Boraxo Oct 13, 10 11:46 am


Originally Posted by SacTownGuy (Post 14933770)
I had my meeting last Friday and my 10 nights have already posted to my account. :)


^ ^ ^ That's the best news of the day. I'm going to make my reservations shortly. :cool:

SacTownGuy Oct 13, 10 12:07 pm

Can anybody verify if you get the 10 elite nights without catering or hotel nights? I had catering at my meeting.

kennycrudup Oct 13, 10 2:10 pm


Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 14871923)
If you are a Southern California local, maybe we can do "FT do" for two several times over complete with catering and split the benefits as in "one for me and one for you" even split :D ... seriously!

Jus saw this- sorry for being so late to reply. Actually this wouldn't be a bad FT idea in cities where there's enough members to pull it off (provided y'all wouldn't get sick of each other after 8 times at this :))

For me though, I'm already Plat (twice over, and counting :() by being away from SoCal so much.

ttpld100105 Oct 13, 10 2:20 pm


Originally Posted by SacTownGuy (Post 14939190)
Can anybody verify if you get the 10 elite nights without catering or hotel nights? I had catering at my meeting.

If any Bay Area FTers want to hold a meeting, I'll be the guinea pig to see if catering is needed or not. :p

dgoedken Oct 15, 10 11:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl View Post
.

I took the liberty of contacting Marriott about this and this was NOT an intentional loophole.
You have got to be kidding me - though I have never done this - and didnt even get the nights/points on a legitimate catering event. I would never contact Marriot about it

Originally Posted by jan_az (Post 14603633)
You have got to be kidding me - though I have never done this - and didnt even get the nights/points on a legitimate catering event. I would never contact Marriot about it


This is the time I have reserved words I use for someone who thinks they know what's best for everyone else. Not that I intend to book 'fake' meetings, as I easily get Plat via stays, but why go to the trouble to screw over fellow FTers who have legitimate reasons for booking meetings??

Someone should have their account revoked for 60days until they can play nice with the rest of the forum and honor the code.

vilntrav Oct 16, 10 12:28 am

Could I get 10 days bonus if organizing a 5 people meeting ? Is it a problem if I stay in the hotel as a room guest ?

SacTownGuy Oct 16, 10 8:09 pm

This is a very funny thread.

Marriott simply does not care who shows up for a "meeting." Just book the room, pay in advance with credit card, and you don't even have to show up. You know people have "legitimate" meetings that get cancelled last minute but they still pay for the room. Marriott does not care. The only thing that is not clear to me is if you need to have catering or 10+ hotel rooms to get the 10 elite nights. The more I read the rules I think those requirements only apply to the bonus points portion of the deal and not the 10 elite nights. Hard to tell reading the rules.

mikesimm Oct 18, 10 5:31 pm

10 Elite Nights
 
I needed a small meeting room, so I booked one for $100 for next Saturday at a CY.

The contract I signed (that they emailed to me) does not specify the 10 Elite Nights. (But that doesn't mean they won't show up, as it did have a place for my Rewards number.)

I indicated in my reservation request that I would not be requiring any catering or set up.

Will see if this works. If so...they just got a lot of business from me!

happymommy Oct 19, 10 3:24 am


Originally Posted by mikesimm (Post 14968891)
I needed a small meeting room, so I booked one for $100 for next Saturday at a CY.

The contract I signed (that they emailed to me) does not specify the 10 Elite Nights. (But that doesn't mean they won't show up, as it did have a place for my Rewards number.)

I indicated in my reservation request that I would not be requiring any catering or set up.

Will see if this works. If so...they just got a lot of business from me!

Please post again after the fact - how it went!

Thanks and have a good meeting :)

SacTownGuy Oct 19, 10 9:24 am

mikesimm-
That's great. I hope it works out.

I did see a list somewhere of particiapting hotels. For example my local CY was on the list but not my local FF. You might look for that list to confirm your CY is on the list.

Good luck!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:39 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.