FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

plagwate Aug 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Just received this in an email from Marriott Rewards Visa. With the right negotiating skills, this could make those qualifying nights via a meeting even cheaper.
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/pr...fer_busi_1.jpg

hw711 Sep 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate (Post 23408147)
Just received this in an email from Marriott Rewards Visa. With the right negotiating skills, this could make those qualifying nights via a meeting even cheaper.
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/pr...fer_busi_1.jpg

Is this targeted?

PaceLaw2012 Sep 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by hw711 (Post 23536483)
Is this targeted?

I got one too, but it is absolutely unclear if liquidspace nights count as a "meeting room", since they're giving away "reservations" to spaces in the lobby, etc.

MSPeconomist Sep 16, 2014 6:24 pm

I can't imagine paying to rent space in a hotel lobby. It's there to be freely used. Also, what happens if you rent the space to make phone calls for work and a family with screaming kids sits down next to you?

dgreen12 Sep 17, 2014 7:49 am

LiquidSpace has been an option for a while on the meetings page.

I inquired as to whether booking a meeting through LiquidSpace counted as a Rewarding Event (for purposes of the 10 elite nights) and was told "no."

Someone else is more than welcome to obtain another data point.

bajaj_ash Sep 21, 2014 8:53 am

Any suggestions for booking a meeting in Dallas /Las Colinas / near airport. Need nights for lifetime plat. Already have points but still around 100 nights short. I already did 75 nights this year (excluding rollover nights). So, will get double credit for any additional nights.
Thanks for all your suggestions.

JamesEaston Sep 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by bajaj_ash (Post 23559167)
I already did 75 nights this year (excluding rollover nights). So, will get double credit for any additional nights.
Thanks for all your suggestions.

I'm pleading ignorance on this but if you have more than 75 nights (I mean real nights, not rollover), each night after that is doubled? So for example if you stay 100 nights in one calendar year, its the same as staying 125? Then rollover would be 50, not 25?

Other question since this little thread has been quite the eye opener. Do these 10 meeting nights (or 20 if you do two, 30 if you do three) count toward elite status and lifetime elite status? For example you stay 55 nights and hold two "meetings", does that give you plat for the following year? And 75 nights added to lifetime total?

Last question (sorry!), do those "meeting" nights rollover as well? For example you stay 60 real nights and hold three "meetings" for a total of 90. Would you get the 15 rollover nights into 2015?

RogerD408 Sep 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by JamesEaston (Post 23559922)
I'm pleading ignorance on this but if you have more than 75 nights (I mean real nights, not rollover), each night after that is doubled? So for example if you stay 100 nights in one calendar year, its the same as staying 125? Then rollover would be 50, not 25?

If you earn 100 nights, then rollover would be 25 for a total of 125 nights added that year.

Other question since this little thread has been quite the eye opener. Do these 10 meeting nights (or 20 if you do two, 30 if you do three) count toward elite status and lifetime elite status? For example you stay 55 nights and hold two "meetings", does that give you plat for the following year? And 75 nights added to lifetime total?
Yes

Last question (sorry!), do those "meeting" nights rollover as well? For example you stay 60 real nights and hold three "meetings" for a total of 90. Would you get the 15 rollover nights into 2015?
Yes, they are earned nights and count towards rollover. It's only the rollover nights from the previous year that do not count for rollover this year.

JamesEaston Sep 22, 2014 3:22 am

Thanks RogerD408

denCSA Oct 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Wanted to report back since this thread has been very helpful to me.

I had a 'meeting' (*cough*cough*) 2 weekends ago at a courtyard near home for $150 (weekends seem to be cheaper). 8 days after the points nor nights had credited. Sent an email to the sales manager, no response.

Received an email from Marriott (I'm guessing the district manager) with a survey invite regarding my meeting. Forwarded the email to the sales manager sans link and just said I'm not going to fill this out yet to give you a chance to follow up on my request for the Marriott Rewards credit. 2 hours later, he emailed me back saying he had approved the request and the points as well as 10 elite nights were in my account. Yay!

pstravels Oct 22, 2014 1:57 am

Haha. Thanks for the confirmation! I will do the same. Great post.

nyctoatl Oct 27, 2014 4:58 am

Does the 10 elite nights earned count towards Megabonus requirements?

mooper Oct 27, 2014 5:18 am

Originally Posted by nyctoatl (Post 23741968)
Does the 10 elite nights earned count towards Megabonus requirements?

No.

Gnopps Oct 27, 2014 6:14 am

Marriott homepage broken?

I've tried to submit requests for meetings via the Marriott homepage. I complete the form and get to a review page with a Submit-button. However nothing happens when I click Submit. The problem occurs in both Firefox and IE.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

kklems Oct 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Was thinking about booking a hotel meeting room for a company Xmas party. Anyone have experience knowledge about what is/isn't allowed as far as outside food and beverage(including alcohol)? I looked through the meeting links but couldn't find anything definite. My guess would be no outside f/b. Looking at Cy, RI or a FS M.