Erin Andrews sues Marriott & Radisson

Old Mar 3, 16, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy View Post
So, the trial is going on this week and Nashville Marriott reps are dining and what happens next is not classy...

A Vanderbilt Marriott ownership representative who testified during Erin Andrews’s lawsuit against the hotel denied claims he played Andrews’s nude video for his friends at a Tuesday dinner, reports WSMV in Nashville.

Neal Peskind was accused of showing the video to friends at a Nashville restaurant on Tuesday. In a statement by Marriott’s defense, Peskind admits the video was shown at the dinner but not by him, and he asked his friends to stop playing the video, which shows Andrews changing in her hotel room.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2016/0...-video-friends

Just my two cents, but I hope Andrews squeezes this corporation and makes an example out of them. Other should feel free to defend these...people.
Lots of rumors that she has been offered a lot of money to settle this and has chosen to "make an example" here. Clearly having to go through this again is not easy and she could have settled and avoided it if it was just about the money. I respect her for that.
Old Mar 3, 16, 7:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fireworksboy View Post
So, the trial is going on this week and Nashville Marriott reps are dining and what happens next is not classy...

A Vanderbilt Marriott ownership representative who testified during Erin Andrews’s lawsuit against the hotel denied claims he played Andrews’s nude video for his friends at a Tuesday dinner, reports WSMV in Nashville.

Neal Peskind was accused of showing the video to friends at a Nashville restaurant on Tuesday. In a statement by Marriott’s defense, Peskind admits the video was shown at the dinner but not by him, and he asked his friends to stop playing the video, which shows Andrews changing in her hotel room.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2016/0...-video-friends

Just my two cents, but I hope Andrews squeezes this corporation and makes an example out of them. Other should feel free to defend these...people.
This was an absolutely idiotic move on their part, that is almost keystone copish in nature. I suspect this guy won't be an "ownership rep" for very much longer.

But again, not to be pedantic, this idiot is representing the franchisee, West End Hotel Partners, not Marriott International. I realize that many here don't want or care about making that distinction, but it does in fact matter.

Regards
Old Mar 3, 16, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jr1202sr View Post
Lots of rumors that she has been offered a lot of money to settle this and has chosen to "make an example" here. Clearly having to go through this again is not easy and she could have settled and avoided it if it was just about the money. I respect her for that.
Disagree. She is going for a big payday.

While I agree she should get paid, $75M in dumb.
Old Mar 3, 16, 7:11 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Not following too closely but don't understand why "correcting" a wrong by making a victim a multi-multi millionaire fixes anything. Hand out stiff jail sentences, have the perps make restitution in some fashion, pay actual & reasonable expenses, etc.

Making the victim and her lawyers super wealthy at the expense of some insurance company isn't going to make an example out of anyone - except all of us having to pay more for insurance and rooms...
Old Mar 4, 16, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
Making the victim and her lawyers super wealthy at the expense of some insurance company isn't going to make an example out of anyone - except all of us having to pay more for insurance and rooms...
Even if that's the case, the hotelier will have to by higher premiums in the future, so they will incur a financial cost anyway, beyond damage to brand and goodwill.

So a high damage award is a deterrent to help prevent similar action/inaction in the future, and it has to be high enough to hurt.
Old Mar 7, 16, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
The jury came back with $55 million, split pretty much 50-50 between the stalker and the hotel (split further between two parties).
Old Mar 7, 16, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
The jury came back with $55 million, split pretty much 50-50 between the stalker and the hotel (split further between two parties).
From TMZ:

After the jury was dismissed, some of the jurors hugged Erin and one asked for her autograph
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/erin-a...ct-livestream/

Old Mar 7, 16, 7:31 pm

<delete>

Last edited by Ctrix65513; Mar 7, 16 at 7:40 pm Reason: -
Old Mar 7, 16, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
If have split the responsibilities differently, but Andrews has been horribly damaged by this event, and I've got no problem with her being awarded a large settlement.

Many people these days seem to default to the position that lawsuits are bad and the people that bring them are even worse.
Old Mar 7, 16, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
What are the odds she collects more than five bucks from the guy who did the peeping?

So on reality this is a $27 million jackpot

I read somewhere to that the average payout for jury award for a wrongful death is only $3 million

So something seems out of whack here if that $3 million number is correct
Old Mar 7, 16, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by EricH

What are the odds she collects more than five bucks from the guy who did the peeping?

So in reality this is a $27 million jackpot

I read somewhere to that the average payout for jury award for a wrongful death is only $3 million

Old Mar 7, 16, 9:42 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by joshua362 View Post
Not following too closely but don't understand why "correcting" a wrong by making a victim a multi-multi millionaire fixes anything. Hand out stiff jail sentences, have the perps make restitution in some fashion, pay actual & reasonable expenses, etc.

Not speaking about this case in particular, but in general punitive damages (i.e. damages intended to punish the perpetrator) are not covered by insurance.
Old Mar 7, 16, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold

A basic rule of torts: It's always cheaper to kill someone than to hurt them.
Old Mar 8, 16, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres

So on reality this is a $27 million jackpot

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that those "average payouts" didn't involve a professional tv sportscaster, from a huge national cable channel, early in her career and on a path to the top of her chosen field.

Not exactly an "average" scenario.
Old Mar 8, 16, 1:53 am
FTA

Because she put on a great show in court. They should appeal based on this alone "Several jurors hugged Erin Andrews and at least one appeared to get an autograph"

Search this Thread
Search Engine: