Erin Andrews sues Marriott & Radisson

Old Jul 19, 10, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by catamaran View Post
Who is Erin Andrews?
That's what I was thinking, well until I found out somehow I managed to function without having a clue who the woman is. Regardless of my ignorance it seems Marriott done wrong...
Old Jul 20, 10, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by dd992emo View Post
I guess it depends on whether it actually happened that way. That statement was from Ms Andrews' lawyer, so....
I believe the guy doing the stalking also said this is how it happened...I would also guess this is going to get settled out of court, and quickly.
In the court of public opinion, this is an open and shut case.
Old Jul 20, 10, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by bsdstone View Post
I believe the guy doing the stalking also said this is how it happened...I would also guess this is going to get settled out of court, and quickly.
Agreed. I was just pointing out that when lawyers are involved, what actually happened becomes moot....(not mute).
Old Jul 21, 10, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by bsdstone View Post

And of course a convicted felon never, ever lies

The mans a convicted stalker. Couldn't he have intercepted post, hacked her computer, or just simply have followed her? Stalkers are obsessive, no time taken is too long, no amount of subterfuge too low...

Doesn't anyone think that he may have reason to hide how he found out about her movements? Namely so he could resume his obsession on release. How easy is it to blame the employees of a large corporation, thereby keeping his methods a secret?

His evidence is utterly worthless and I am astonished so many blindly believe the words of a criminal. Nonetheless for those out there that do, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, just PM me... Oh and BTW I am not a convicted felon, so this must be a real offer, eh
Old Dec 7, 11, 11:20 am

Update

She's looking for $6 million from the hotel and $4 million from the guy.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...terstitialskip
Old Dec 7, 11, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by a7800 View Post
She's looking for $6 million from the hotel and $4 million from the guy.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...terstitialskip
So, she's getting hotter by the hour...
Old Dec 8, 11, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Her career is arguably MUCH better off thanks to this incident. Previously she was a relatively unknown sports reporter and now she's nearly a household name. She is seen as a victim and is therefore sympathetic to the public. Women feel bad for her, and men lust after her. She got even more exposure on DWTS (which she never would have been on had this incident not occurred).

So why again is she entitled to TEN MILLION DOLLARS??!!
Old Oct 20, 15, 9:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Bonvoy Titanium, United Silver, various other midtier rankings
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
Because she was the victim of a crime and a negligent vendor, and that may be the going rate. The rest is irrelevant.
Old Oct 20, 15, 9:45 pm
Suspended

revised a few days ago to newest claim of damages being $75-mil

Originally Posted by TravelingJay View Post
Because she was the victim of a crime and a negligent vendor, and that may be the going rate. The rest is irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Old Oct 21, 15, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by catamaran View Post
Who is Erin Andrews?
5 years later...
Old Oct 21, 15, 2:15 am
Suspended

if the trial Court has allowed her to Amend her complaint for damages and the Defendant(s) were given their opportunity to object and be heard then it wouldn't matter if it were 5-years or 55-years, it's a done deal, but whatever her claim she still needs to prove damages.

Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
5 years later...
Old Oct 21, 15, 4:09 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Not necessarily.

A court could award her nominal damages of $1.00 and the remainder in punitive damages if it felt that the actions were egregious enough.

*** Full Disclosure. I am not following this matter or versed in the details. ***
Old Oct 21, 15, 5:03 am
Suspended

and Marriott's alleged egregious behavior would be ??

Originally Posted by clarkef View Post
Not necessarily.

A court could award her nominal damages of $1.00 and the remainder in punitive damages if it felt that the actions were egregious enough.

*** Full Disclosure. I am not following this matter or versed in the details. ***
Old Oct 22, 15, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by leeky View Post
This is covered up-thread, but the allegation is that Marriot gave out her room number to the perp and let him take the room next door. Giving out the room number is the big issue here IMHO.
Old Oct 23, 15, 5:13 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by leeky View Post
As Soccerdad stated, the egregious action alleged would be giving out a room number to a perfect stranger who has no legitimate reason to know her room number.

I would direct your attention to the case of murdered actress Rebecca Schaeffer, on the show "My Sister Sam". Her murderer obtained her address from the Department of Motor Vehicles. Because of her murder and other similar stalker situations California laws regarding the release of personal information through the DMV were drastically changed. The Driver's Privacy Protection Act was enacted in 1994, which prevents the DMV from releasing private addresses.

This case is illustrative of what can happen when strangers get your private information.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: