FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Discover America® Daily Getaways: MVC 5 Night Stay, $600, 6/01/10, 10am ET (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1089316-discover-america-daily-getaways-mvc-5-night-stay-600-6-01-10-10am-et.html)

mjh5o May 26, 2010 5:12 am

Discover America® Daily Getaways: MVC 5 Night Stay, $600, 6/01/10, 10am ET

New Discover America promotion involving Marriott Vacation Club is posted:

https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...6-828a1d2a7cb7

What You Receive: 5-nights in a 2-bedroom villa at any Marriott Vacation Club Resort
Dates of Travel: Anytime through December 31, 2010
Max. Quantity per Purchase: 2
Marriott Vacation Club is the recognized global leader in timeshare, providing nearly 400,000 families with a lifetime of unforgettable vacations and an exceptional standard of service. As a guest, you can expect the utmost in accommodations, amenities and service you've come to know from the Marriott® name.

This exclusive offer allows you to enjoy a 5-night, 6-day stay in a 2-bedroom villa at any Marriott Vacation Club resort. Marriott Vacation Club villas are more like condominiums, and have the space, amenities, and luxury that a regular resort or vacation rental can't match.

You can take in some of the world's most stunning views-the turquoise waters of the Caribbean, the famous golf links of Hilton Head Island, and the snowy white slopes of the Rocky Mountains.

Choose from more than 50 resorts in some of the most desirable beach, golf, and ski destinations worldwide. View a list of our resorts here.

Certificate is valid for travel through December 31, 2010.

For additional details, please refer to the "How to Redeem" and "Offer Terms & Conditions" tabs.

Seems like a great deal, but the expiration date is a real killer for me. The site estimates the value at $1000, but I am sure one could find actual value to be closer to $2000 at some of the more expensive MVC properties

hhoope01 May 26, 2010 5:20 am

Definitely, this could be a very nice deal. The T&Cs don't seem to give any information around what type of "inventory" has to be available for use? IOW, does it pull from availability similar to a Marriott award reservation or a paid (cash) reservation? The former would make it harder to use at most locations.

iahphx May 26, 2010 6:12 am

Originally Posted by mjh5o (Post 14024829)
Seems like a great deal, but the expiration date is a real killer for me. The site estimates the value at $1000, but I am sure one could find actual value to be closer to $2000 at some of the more expensive MVC properties

Yeah, I posted this in the hotel deals Getaways thread, and made the same observation: I'm not sure I have 5 days before the end of the year for a resort stay. If they could give me through next winter -- a year's expiration -- I'd be very interested.

I've never stayed in one of these Vacation Club properties (although I once stayed in the Maui Marriott, which I think was renovated into a Club property). I presume some of them are quite nice. Do they lay off the timeshare stuff, or are they phoning your room trying to get you to attend a presentation?

silverfalls May 26, 2010 6:42 am

This part sucks... Certificate is valid for travel through December 31, 2010.

hhoope01 May 26, 2010 6:47 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 14024991)
Do they lay off the timeshare stuff, or are they phoning your room trying to get you to attend a presentation?

I've stayed at a few of their properties over the years. Normally, there will be a desk in the front lobby where you can walk up and setup a tour if you like. I do believe most of the properties did leave me one phone message to let me konw about their "tours" just after I checked in. But overall, that was about it. I do appreciate the fact that Marriott does NOT give a hard sell to their properties.

And yes, the properties tend to be very nice and well kept. Also note that quite a few of the properties are next to a resort property. And you will get access to the resort amenities (i.e. pools, beaches, etc.)

jamflyer May 26, 2010 2:18 pm

I may jump all over this if I can coordinate airfare to either STT or St. Kitts.

jamflyer May 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by silverfalls (Post 14025088)
This part sucks... Certificate is valid for travel through December 31, 2010.

But no black out dates....

silverfalls May 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by jamflyer (Post 14027708)
But no black out dates....

Read the fine prints once again;)

There are no blackout dates. However, offer is subject to availability and some dates may not be available for travel at certain resorts.

hhoope01 May 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by silverfalls (Post 14027974)
There are no blackout dates. However, offer is subject to availability and some dates may not be available for travel at certain resorts.

This and Marriott's $200/night valuation sure seems to imply that these are going to be very hard to use at high times and for the more "tropical" locations.

holocker May 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Does anyone know if these are for a stay up to $1000 for a 5 night stay or a 5 night stay no matter what it costs. Most of the vacation clubs charge way over $200 night in high season for a 2 bedroom.

kinglobjaw May 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Can we purchase more than one and use it back-to-back? There is nothing that says you cannot use more than one.

-Kinglobjaw

Starbucks May 27, 2010 1:17 am

My guess is that those vouchers are similar to those MVCI gives away as "bribe" if you buy from them. We have used two of them in the past. However, even if they state that there are no blackout dates i would not expect that you are able to use them for prime holiday weeks. If your are flexible in regard to location and travel period you should be able to find a worthwhile redemption opportunity though.

silverfalls May 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw (Post 14030049)
Can we purchase more than one and use it back-to-back? There is nothing that says you cannot use more than one.

-Kinglobjaw

This is what is mentioned in their T&C's

Promotion cannot be combined with any other offer, sale promotion, or prior purchase or reservation.

kinglobjaw May 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Well the max you can purchase per transaction is two, and by "any other" offer I understand you can't combine this with other offers like Gold benefits or free breakfast or bonus bucks or whatever... Hopefully, I am interpreting this correctly.

Still, I guess since there are 3 of us traveling, I will buy one in Kinglobjaw's name and the other in Kinglobjaw's Mom's name and just book them consecutively. Or I can still buy two in Kinglobjaw's name and just make two seperate reservations. Under two seperate confirmation numbers, of course.

-Kinglobjaw

LKO May 28, 2010 10:48 am

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw (Post 14036461)
Well the max you can purchase per transaction is two, and by "any other" offer I understand you can't combine this with other offers like Gold benefits or free breakfast or bonus bucks or whatever... Hopefully, I am interpreting this correctly.

-Kinglobjaw

Marriott Vacation Club properties don't ever offer gold or platinum benefits (free breakfast, upgraded room, etc.) They don't have concierge lounges and many don't have a restaurant on site.