Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New MarriottRewards.com website coming soon!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010, 12:21 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Good Afternoon, all.

I just wanted to share with you an announcement we made on Marriott Rewards Insiders yesterday:

Greetings, Insiders.

MarriottRewards.com, your number one resource for making the most of your Marriott Rewards membership, will soon be redesigned with a fresh new look.

In the coming days, you'll have an easier route to finding your benefits, promotions and the latest Marriott Rewards news. Our new site will improve your online experience in a number of ways, including:

* No more clutter
* A more intuitive, better organized layout
* Easier navigation – helping you quickly find all the information you need

Just a glance will tell you ways to earn, redeem and make the most of your membership. Be on the lookout for our new homepage coming soon at MarriottRewards.com.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old May 19, 2010, 8:27 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
My suggestion would be to work on the main website. It takes forever to load and more than once its locked up my browser forcing me to kill it and try again.

But in any case, thanks for the heads up on the rewards site redesign coming.
Old May 19, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Our new site will improve your online experience in a number of ways, including:

* No more clutter
* A more intuitive, better organized layout
* Easier navigation – helping you quickly find all the information you need

Just a glance will tell you ways to earn, redeem and make the most of your membership. Be on the lookout for our new homepage coming soon at MarriottRewards.com.[/I]

Thanks,

Andrew
Thanks Andrew - don't worry we will sure tell you whether we like it or not!

Hoping you return to the variable radius for searches and fix the page loading issue. Please also return the guest comment box when making reservations. Also, I have notice you have deleted all of the room size info from the room type descriptions - please bring back the square footage listing.
Old May 19, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Hoping you return to the variable radius for searches and fix the page loading issue. Please also return the guest comment box when making reservations. Also, I have notice you have deleted all of the room size info from the room type descriptions - please bring back the square footage listing.
Great suggestions!
Old May 19, 2010, 10:58 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Dear Marriott,

What he said.
Old May 20, 2010, 3:08 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
My suggestion would be to work on the main website. It takes forever to load and more than once its locked up my browser forcing me to kill it and try again.

Are you on dial-up? What browser do you use? Give Chrome a try.
Old May 20, 2010, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
Thanks Andrew - don't worry we will sure tell you whether we like it or not!

When I checked in last week I had forgotten that the website no longer had guest comment box so I ended up with a room with a connecting door which I hate. I had got into the habit of putting "NO connecting door". Please restore the feature allowing comments to be made at the time of the reservation.
Old May 20, 2010, 4:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

I'm with you; I get the heebie jeebies every time I think of going to the MR site; wondering if it will lock up my browser.. the current one is really bad; if you just fix this one problem I'll be happy

otoh, it could be worse, it could be like Hh where you have to log in each time you hit the enter key lol
Old May 20, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Lightbulb

It takes forever to load and more than once its locked up my browser forcing me to kill it and try again.
Same here. Also, how about ending the timing out of being logged in so we don't have to re-login if we step away from our computer for a few minutes?
Old May 20, 2010, 5:22 am

I miss the comment box also.
Old May 20, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
lose the fancy PIA front page-do you really want people getting pi##ed at your company when they want to give you money?
Make the map an opt-in function.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
To use the comment box, after you select your rate but before you complete the reservation, click on edit guest information near the top of the page and the comment box is near the bottom of the page.
Old May 20, 2010, 12:16 pm

1. the comments box has been there for months - see above.

2. IE 6 and 7 dont work well on many sites - upgrade to 8 or use Firefox or Chrome - much faster.

3. If you dont like the homepage or find it too slow - bookmark another landing page within the site - you dont HAVE to go through the homepage.
Old May 20, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
The new Marriott Rewards homepage is nice, but I assume changes are coming to the account overview page and other areas? I rarely visit the MR homepage and when I do, it's usually accidental.

Not sure I understand the need for the fancy homepage on the main site. It just loads slowly and really is a pain. And I HATE that it automatically sends me there every time I'm prompted for my MR password. The timeout issue is quite frustrating, and it's made worse by the auto-direct to the Marriott homepage.

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for the rest of the site.
Old May 20, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
...it could be worse, it could be like Hh where you have to log in each time you hit the enter key lol
LOL. I stopped staying at Hiltons just for that very reason. A horrible web-site experience.

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
lose the fancy PIA front page
I agree completely. It's a waste of time and doesn't get me to where I want to be any faster than before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.