FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   ShopMyWay Mall for Points - How long do the points take to post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1086895-shopmyway-mall-points-how-long-do-points-take-post.html)

GrizShel May 19, 2010 6:57 am

ShopMyWay Mall for Points - How long do the points take to post

This seems to be one of the few ways one might be able to earn fast/quick Marriott Rewards points if you can't get enough points quickly enough from hotel stays or points purchases.

Trying to pad some points in my account for a Travel Package purchase next month, and need to use the ShopMyWay mall to do so (Although SkyMall offers more points per dollar spend, every single item I have ever shopped for there had about a 25 to 35% markup over the normal retail price - comes out to be a terrible deal). ShopMyWay is much better, there are many popular merchants with competitive pricing available, and you can also earn points on gift card purchases.

So I am wondering:
Do you use the Marriott malls to earn more points?
How long do you find it takes for the Marriott points to post?
Have you found them to reliabily post without later intervention being required?
Do points post from some merchants faster than others?

SaintsFan May 19, 2010 7:14 am

The timing seems to be different for each but in most cases I would say a couple to a few weeks for the points to post. I believe the fine prints says 4-6 weeks. I've never had to follow up. I've used the Mall for Office Depot and Dell. Today I will probably place an order for flowers.

And I pay with my MR VISA to get more points (and now nights too).

KB

GrizShel Jun 8, 2010 10:07 am

Bump.

Any more reports on how long it takes for points to post from the various merchants?

And here is a previous thread with some reports of it taking 3 to 48 weeks:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...y-mr-mall.html

I sure hope 3 - 4 weeks is more like the norm.

bigguyinpasadena Jun 8, 2010 5:24 pm

Grizshell I gave up on the MR mall after having to chase every single transaction made one christmas! They lost a GREAT customer when they lost me as I average $40,000-$100,000 spend online a year. This all goes through a rebate site now.Not as profitable for me but I always get my check in a timely manner.
PS-as I advised in the thread you linked to, make a screen shot/print out of the opening merchant screen(which has the partner number)and the amount of your final sale.

almostelite Jun 11, 2010 3:42 pm

my points typically post within a few weeks. I've had a bad experience or two with them taking significantly longer, but found that to be the exception, not the rule.

travelingsalesgal Jun 13, 2010 3:38 pm

I just did my first order today via freshpair.com (yes, underwear, lol).. It said 4-6 weeks to post. I'll report back on how long it takes.

DELee Oct 14, 2010 1:35 am

Purchase Date: August 27th; Post Date: October 12th

Looks like 6.5 weeks to me.

:confused:

:td:

Comparisons:

Mileage Plus Mall (now: Mileage Plus Shopping):

Buy: August 24th, 12:30 AM; List Date on mileageplus.com: August 24th! (0 days!)

(that being said, it appears that an earlier purchase in July is not credited to my MP account.)

Hilton HHonors Earning Mall:

Buy: July 02; List: August 02 (1 month!)

SaintsFan Oct 14, 2010 6:32 am

Been waiting 12 weeks for a purchase from JR.com on 7/15 to post. When I contacted Marriott Rewards Mall earlier this week they said:

JR.com has not reported any order information regarding order #########. The Marriott ShopMyWay Mall program does not have access to order information unless the merchant reports it to us as occurs with a valid Marriott Rewards Mall purchase. We are currently researching your order with the merchant. Please allow up to 3 weeks for a reply regarding this transaction.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I had never heard of JR.com prior to purchasing from them via the MR Mall.

All of my Dell and Office Depot purchases post quickly.

wanis007 Oct 14, 2010 8:58 am

6 weeks

I already order contacts from contacts.com so I went through the mall the last two times and it took exactly 6 weeks...

bigguyinpasadena Oct 14, 2010 11:25 am

Screen Captures do not lie

folks ALWAYS do a screen capture of the opening screen of the merchant when you use the Marriott Mall. Only way I was able to get thousands of MR points posted a few years ago- before abandoning it altogether.
Now I use ebates and purchases show up within a week. I get a check from them like clockwork every three months. I have made over $7,000 from Ebates in the past three years since abandoning MRmall

DELee Oct 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Got e-mail today confirming the posting...

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 14943124)
Looks like 6.5 weeks to me.

Just received an e-mail message today (October 14th) from Shop My Way (mrewards.shopmyway.com) crediting my MR account. That's different from the other websites.

David

SaintsFan Oct 20, 2010 10:02 am

Looks like I'll never order from JR.com again. I had never heard of them before seeing them in the MR Mall.

Thank you for your patience while we researched your order.

We have researched your order ######### with JR.com and the order number you provided was not credited to shopping at ShopMyWay Mall. JR.com have stated that this order was credited to another channel, and will not credit ShopMyWay Mall for your purchase.

Merchants spread their advertising dollars thru many different channels, i.e. direct emails, affiliates (such as loyalty programs, coupon sites), search engines, etc. Depending on the source of the last click before the sale that channel will receive credit for the order. Therefore even though you clicked thru ShopMyWay Mall earlier in the transaction process, the merchants system shows that the last place you clicked before completing your order was on another channel so that was where the order was credited to for bringing the business into JR.com.

We are sorry but points cannot be credited for order #########.

gohan403 Oct 21, 2010 6:13 am

Mine take a week to post

GrizShel Oct 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Mine all took about 10 Weeks to post.

paradocs Mar 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Any updates?

I am interested in hearing any more recent experiences with ShopMyWay. Is the posting time reasonable? Are you getting all of your transactions posted without a hassle?

I have used AAdvantageEShopping for years. I have had so many problems with Cartera Commerce that I am ready to move on. They are nearly impossible to deal with. I have lost all faith in their trustworthiness. :mad:

I am also going to look into ebates.