Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discover America® Daily Getaways: 20% off Marriott TravelCards, 5/19/10, 10am ET

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover America® Daily Getaways: 20% off Marriott TravelCards, 5/19/10, 10am ET

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by 4Health
So does everyone think that I can make a reservation using the AAA rate and then simply pay upon arrival (or checkout) with these cards or is AAA considered a "corporate rate"? Thanks.
I've had no problems using them with AAA rates.
Old May 26, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Still no cards in the mail, and I'm in for a lot.

Should I freak out yet? Or are other people still waiting?

Thanks,

bd
Old May 27, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: MR Plat, PC Plat
I still haven't gotten mine.
Old May 27, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Mine came today-mid atlantic area
Old May 27, 2010, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by boomdog
Still no cards in the mail, and I'm in for a lot.

Should I freak out yet? Or are other people still waiting?

I'm only one state away, nothing yet including today's (Thus.) mail.
Old May 27, 2010, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Some folks have reported receiving their cards, however:

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
Expect to receive the cards around May 28 to the first week in June.
Old May 27, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
i got mine today
envelope is marked MI fullfillment
Old May 27, 2010, 6:57 pm

Got mine!

Silly me for worrying.

bd
Old May 28, 2010, 9:21 am
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
Stayed this week (Mon, Tues & Wed nights) in a FS Marriott on discounted rate. No problem with the cards at check-out. They processed them like a regular VISA card.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by LKO
Stayed this week (Mon, Tues & Wed nights) in a FS Marriott on discounted rate. No problem with the cards at check-out. They processed them like a regular VISA card.
Sweet, thanks for the peace of mind! Have a great weekend.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: US Airways-Chairmans
Is this still active? I link to Discover America, but cannot find this promo
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Zalatan
Is this still active? I link to Discover America, but cannot find this promo
Sadly, all gone; it was live for just a couple of hours. I really loaded up, but wish I had loaded up more.

bd
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I have Qs for those who use the TravelCards

Since the deal was in May I assume many of the buyers have used their cards already.

I have some questions because I am thinking to redeem my Citibank ThankYou Points for the $100 TravelCard - this is the maximum denomination it offers unfortunately.

1) Has anyone used these TravelCards on AAA rate or other discounted rates successfully?

2) Can multiple cards be used at check-out? Or it is a PITA in doing so?

I read this thread that the card is nothing more than a prepaid Visa debit card and the front desk clerks add a 4 in front of the digit when manually entering it. I assume if the bill is much larger than the card's value, one swipe would clean out the card balance and then a 2nd, 3rd, 4th card can be swiped in same fashion until the bill is fully paid... Or the clerk would only swipe one card and demand you to pay the balance with a real credit card?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Happy
1) Has anyone used these TravelCards on AAA rate or other discounted rates successfully?
I've never had any problem with AAA or other membership rates. I did have some trouble using with a BOGO recently (posted elsewhere on this forum) but finally got it accepted.

2) Can multiple cards be used at check-out? Or it is a PITA in doing so?
I have used 2 cards before (never more than 2); if the FD staff know what they are doing it is very easy, but I've had some take 15 minutes or so to figure it out.

I read this thread that the card is nothing more than a prepaid Visa debit card and the front desk clerks add a 4 in front of the digit when manually entering it. I assume if the bill is much larger than the card's value, one swipe would clean out the card balance and then a 2nd, 3rd, 4th card can be swiped in same fashion until the bill is fully paid... Or the clerk would only swipe one card and demand you to pay the balance with a real credit card?
They can't see the balance on the card, either they or you should call to the toll free number on the back of the card to confirm the current balance. Then you use a second card to pay all or some of the remaining balance.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info.

The maximum denomination of the TravelCard I can order (redeem) with Citibank's ThankYou Network is $100 only.

The anticipated stay is a 2 nighter at Waikoloa currently has a $189 AAA rate for our dates.

I suppose booking it in 2 separate reservations should limit the usage of the cards to 2 per bill - 2 x $100 card then pay whatever balance by CC, repeat that with the 2nd night.

Should I inform the FD at check-in that the stay would be paid by TravelCard? Or at check out when they usually ask the question "Would you like to pay with the card in file?", then tell the FD to switch the payment to the TC?

I need to drain my TYP balance and Marriott's TravelCard seems to be the most obvious option to do so. There will be many more occurrences in the future to use the TravelCard so I hope the experience would be smooth...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.