Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Kudos to the Fairfield Inn at JFK Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver

I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised. The room was nice, but the thing that really surprised me the most was that they opened up the free breakfast at 3am for folks getting am early flights. Nice job!
Old May 11, 2010, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed there, too, and was pleasantly surprised. It's not really very near the airport, but they have a shuttle, so who cares?

Bruce
Old May 11, 2010, 9:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
^ to the 3 AM free breakfast. I've never heard of one that early.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but wanted a little advice:

Wife and I going to Europe and on the way back, flying into JFK. We will spend 1 night at a hotel and have a 4pm flight home the next day (also out of JFK).

We would like to spend the morning checking out some sights in NYC (the 9/11 Memorial etc).

I know it is easy to get from JFK to the Fairfield Inn by the Hotel Shuttle.

How do you get from the hotel to Manhattan? (public transit nearby?)

Anyone stayed here more recently?

thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Bus Station
Q 6 0.2 mile(s) SE
Subway Station
Jamaica Station 4.5 mile(s) N
Train Station
Jamaica Station 3 mile(s) N

Originally Posted by nachosdelux

Wife and I going to Europe and on the way back, flying into JFK. We will spend 1 night at a hotel and have a 4pm flight home the next day (also out of JFK).

We would like to spend the morning checking out some sights in NYC (the 9/11 Memorial etc).

thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Bus Station
Q 6 0.2 mile(s) SE
Subway Station
Jamaica Station 4.5 mile(s) N
Train Station
Jamaica Station 3 mile(s) N
Thanks. I did see that. However, I was looking for opinions/advice on whether it is easy/convenient to use public transit. I am not familiar with NYC at all.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by nachosdelux

thanks.
You are really going to be pressed for time, unless you are getting into JFK real early in the AM. It takes about an hour each way from JFK to Midtown. You are going to need to be at JFK by 2-2:30 for your 4pm flight home.

http://queens.about.com/od/airports/a/jfk-airtrain.htm
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by nickfromct
You are really going to be pressed for time, unless you are getting into JFK real early in the AM. It takes about an hour each way from JFK to Midtown. You are going to need to be at JFK by 2-2:30 for your 4pm flight home.

http://queens.about.com/od/airports/a/jfk-airtrain.htm
thanks for the info.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Just stayed here last week for the third time, each time thought the front desk and the restaurant staff were very pleasant and provided great service.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the input!

Cheers.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:37 pm
Suspended

A few weeks ago a friend was arriving @ JFK @ 6am and had to wait till 7pm till his connection. Told him to call and get a day room, was told they dont do day rooms, so he booked a room for 2 nights @ 50k, when he arrived and they realized he wasnt even staying 1 night they told him go have something to eat for breakfast and we are returning 25k to your acct! And they did.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by craz
A few weeks ago a friend was arriving @ JFK @ 6am and had to wait till 7pm till his connection. Told him to call and get a day room, was told they dont do day rooms, so he booked a room for 2 nights @ 50k, when he arrived and they realized he wasnt even staying 1 night they told him go have something to eat for breakfast and we are returning 25k to your acct! And they did.
Now that's a hotel that should stay on FTers' list if they're going to be near JFK. Good customer service!

Cheers.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Now that's a hotel that should stay on FTers' list if they're going to be near JFK. Good customer service!

Cheers.
Whats funny is he thought it was gonna be a very seedy place and didnt even want to go but he didnt have the 60k for the CY. Needless to say he now will Only stay at the FI if he needs a room by JFK and has already sent a few others there who were $$$ stays
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
The JFK CY is almost 2x the price of the FI for the overnight I am thinking about. This is thread has me thinking that I might need to change. Any comments on the CY?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by craz
BTW - tell your friend to do a TripAdvisor report. People who don't travel that often read those, and that would be handy.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.