Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading MArriott Visa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Upgrading MArriott Visa

I now have the Standard Visa Business card and am thning about upgrading to the personal Premier Visa that gives the extra 5 nights towards status. Will Chase allow me to do this when it comes up for renewal next month and if they let me will I be able to get the free night anniversary certificate.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:28 am

I simply called up Visa and they swicthed it over immediatley. You dont have to wait for renewel and the day you call you will start receiving bonus points and such as if you had the premiere card already.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by anticd70
I simply called up Visa and they swicthed it over immediatley. You dont have to wait for renewel and the day you call you will start receiving bonus points and such as if you had the premiere card already.
I had the same experience, though I was switching from the standard personal to the Premier personal. I'm not sure if they have any issues with switching from business to personal, or not.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Did a search and found this thread.

I was also thinking of moving up to the Premier Visa from the Signature card. Am I correct in assuming that I wouldn't get 15 additional nights on top of the 10 I already received last fall for the Signature card? I would also like to know when the nights (whether it's 5 or 15) would be posted (approx 6 weeks after signing up for the new card?).

I only have seven nights to go to make Platinum but I only have a two night trip planned for May. In June my wife and I are going to Hawaii for our 20th anniversary and will be staying at the Waikiki Beach Marriott and the Wilea Beach Marriott for a total of 10 nights. In addition to the two nights in May I figure I will get a total of four nights for using my credit card (two in early May and two in early June before our trip). I would like to reach Platinum before we go so as to have a better chance for a room upgrade plus the extra bonus points would be nice too.

Thanks for any insight from those that have upgraded cards.

KB
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by SaintsFan
Am I correct in assuming that I wouldn't get 15 additional nights on top of the 10 I already received last fall for the Signature card?
If your CC nights currently post in the fall (meaning, your last credit card nights posted in 2009), you would receive 15 nights at the time you switch to the Premier card.

Originally Posted by SaintsFan
I would also like to know when the nights (whether it's 5 or 15) would be posted (approx 6 weeks after signing up for the new card?).
I feel like it was a bit quicker than that. I think I switched cards in the second week of a month, and the 15 bonus nights posted before the end of the month.

Oh, and welcome to FT. Roll Wave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.