Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tanic
* All rooms are suites at this property. Only difference is some have french doors between the living area & bedroom, and others don't. Ask for a room facing the Wynn - better view. All rooms have programmable safes in the closet.

* PAG is $10FB coupon or 500 points.

* There is not an executive lounge. Gold/Plats get free breakfast in the restaurant - either buffet breakfast or main item off the menu. No coupons. Server will just ask for your room number.

* Gold/Plats get free hi-speed internet ($12.95 option), which also includes 3 devices. Free wifi in the public areas for all guests, whether elite or not.

* Walking distance to monorail or to the strip where one can catch the Deuce bus that runs along the strip. If you have a car, $10.00 per day self parking fee.

* Staff some of the friendliest/helpful in the entire Marriott chain!

* Detailed trip report in this post; it's a year or so old but still pretty accurate:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13803161-post76.html
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jn in ca
NAB I assume. Every hotel near the Convention Center is packed this week for the NAB. How a hotel performs when full tells me a lot.

I have to ask if anyone has stayed at both the Marriott and the Renaissance down the street. I stay at the Ren and although the rooms are smaller, the staff (and the view!) are fantastic.
Yes NAB. And the Marriott staff are great even at 100% capacity. I've stayed at the Ren during NAB & it was eh in terms of staff experience. Plus no suite upgrades for anyone because a lot of companies book the suites for demos. One of the reasons I prefer the Marriott even w/o a lounge (but full brekkie) is all the rooms are suites.

BTW - if staying at the Marriott, ask for the Wynn side of the building as you get a better view (Wynn, strip, etc). The other side faces large parking lot for the convention center. Although if you were on that side you'd have a good view when they implode the Riviera this summer.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:49 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Considering staying at this property for an upcoming trip. Question about recent experiences with the restaurant Gold/Plats breakfast - does it extend to all guests in a room that the Gold/Plat member stays in? I'll be staying with 2 other adult guests in the same room and if all 3 of us are able to get the breakfast benefit, it probably will swing us toward staying here (otherwise I'll likely look at a different Marriott family property).
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ryw
Considering staying at this property for an upcoming trip. Question about recent experiences with the restaurant Gold/Plats breakfast - does it extend to all guests in a room that the Gold/Plat member stays in? I'll be staying with 2 other adult guests in the same room and if all 3 of us are able to get the breakfast benefit, it probably will swing us toward staying here (otherwise I'll likely look at a different Marriott family property).
It's elite+1. Not sure what other Marriott family property you'll consider, unless it's an RI/SHS/FI which offer free brekkie to everyone re: of status. Ren is elite+1, Cosmo no brekkie, Grand Chateau is timeshare. LAS Marriott offers a robust buffet, so getting for free for 2 of 3 adults is a good deal. I think it goes for $20-22, so if you all split the cost for the 3rd adult it comes out to $6-7/person.

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:43 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's elite+1. Not sure what other Marriott family property you'll consider, unless it's an RI/SHS/FI which offer free brekkie to everyone re: of status. Ren is elite+1, Cosmo no brekkie, Grand Chateau is timeshare. LAS Marriott offers a robust buffet, so getting for free for 2 of 3 adults is a good deal. I think it goes for $20-22, so if you all split the cost for the 3rd adult it comes out to $6-7/person.

Cheers.
Thanks, much appreciated for the info! Agreed, 2 of 3 is a good deal. (As for other possibilities, I'm looking for a suite or suite-like experience, so considering the SHS/RI for the breakfast. I've stayed at the Grand Chateau before which I've enjoyed, and one of the other people in my group is partial to a $5 breakfast place in the Miracle Mile shops across the street, so thinking about there too)
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by ryw
Thanks, much appreciated for the info! Agreed, 2 of 3 is a good deal. (As for other possibilities, I'm looking for a suite or suite-like experience, so considering the SHS/RI for the breakfast. I've stayed at the Grand Chateau before which I've enjoyed, and one of the other people in my group is partial to a $5 breakfast place in the Miracle Mile shops across the street, so thinking about there too)
The full buffet at the LAS Marriott is much better than what a SHS/RI will serve. Each room at the Marriott is a suite (the property was formerly named Marriott Suites). If you do stay there, ask for a room facing the Wynn side. Better view. The staff at the Marriott are great.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:22 am

Cheers.
Can confirm this. Had two adults and 2 children in a room and they would only provide free breakfast for 2 (I'm Gold MR). Seems a little tough for people with kids, but whatever.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
It appears that this property now imposes a daily parking fee.

"Please note - Parking is USD 10 per day in gated parking lot. Self-parking only."
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
It appears that this property now imposes a daily parking fee.

"Please note - Parking is USD 10 per day in gated parking lot. Self-parking only."
Probably to offset all those who were trying to park at the property for free (but not staying there) during conventions. I know folk who were staying there who had problems finding parking slots at convention time. Unlike the Cosmo/Ren, the Marriott has a small parking lot. Still a good deal compared to Cosmo & Ren parking fees, which are significantly higher.

Cheers.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:31 pm

This property doesn't have a resort fee?
Old May 4, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
I have stayed here 3 times, as recently as this March, without a resort fee. However in all cases I made the reservation through the convention. So I can't say for sure if there is a fee if you book through Marriott. I don't think there is but not 100% certain.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by MW147
I have stayed here 3 times, as recently as this March, without a resort fee. However in all cases I made the reservation through the convention. So I can't say for sure if there is a fee if you book through Marriott. I don't think there is but not 100% certain.
If only there were a way to use the internet to go to marriott.com and create a dummy booking for this hotel to see whether there is a resort fee. Hmmm.

No resort fee, though there is a $10/day parking fee.
RobOnLI and markko like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, United Mileage Plus Silver
I stayed at this property for the 3rd time last week. Everything has been pretty much the same except the parking fee. I asked the FDC nicely if she could waive the parking fee and she agreed as I stayed in the past!
Old May 7, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
It's amazing what one can get simply by asking nicely!
YoungBubbie and cuzbmw like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:48 pm

The full buffet at the LAS Marriott is much better than what a SHS/RI will serve. Each room at the Marriott is a suite (the property was formerly named Marriott Suites). If you do stay there, ask for a room facing the Wynn side. Better view. The staff at the Marriott are great.

Cheers.
Agreed. Still great in 2019 ^

Also, Carne Asada Fries at Tacos El Gordo down the street....you won't find it any better than that in San Diego!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I just booked a reservation at this hotel. I have to be in Vegas for a week of work (not a convention thankfully!). Do note the parking rate is advertised at $15/night now. No resort fees listed.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.