Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed in an Autograph Collection Hotel yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I'm thinking of booking the Casa Monica in St. Augustine. Wanted to see if anyone has tried one of these properties yet.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:24 pm

Stayed there a few years back before it became part of Marriott- beautiful! The room we had was a bit small, but the location in the historic area can't be beat.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:26 pm

Forgot to add...

have also stayed a few times at the Grand Bohemian Orlando for friends' weddings. Very nice place as well, and in my opinion the best hotel in the downtown area.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Awesome, thanks for your help!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Allitali
have also stayed a few times at the Grand Bohemian Orlando for friends' weddings. Very nice place as well, and in my opinion the best hotel in the downtown area.
I second that. Stayed Saturday night and got upgraded to spacious concierge room level and the Concierge room was open that evening for hot and cold, and hot serve yourself breakfast Sunday morning with eggs, bacon, sausages, etc. Comfy seating, although computer didn't work. Drinks made for you and pricy at $10 each. A very 'artsy' hotel with paintings on every floor and the lobby. We ate on the bar with ok food and live entertainment. They have a dining room and well try that next time. Valet $22. Plat gift of wine and cheese took a very long time to come(after dinner). No Marriott signage.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:29 pm

Hotel Duval in Tallahassee, FL

Have had friends stay in the Hotel Duval & they loved it. Classy & brand new.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:32 pm

Forgot -- Casa Monica

Stayed there about 4 years before it was an Autograph Hotel. As others have said, the location in St. Augustine is ideal ... everything is w/i walking distance. Had a one bedroom hotel room decorated w/antiques ... was beautiful & had a great view of the downtown. Pool area is gorgeous & had numerous comfortable lounge chairs. Can be quite pricey, but periodically there are deals. Highly recommend.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:38 pm
Original Member

The Algonquin

The Algonquin in New York is cozy. Great breakfast. Rooms are small, but good service, and unique.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: Platinum on Delta and Marriott
I actually spent last night at the Hotel Duval in Tallahassee (a Marriott Autograph property). Nice place, different room layouts than a typical Marriott. This particular hotel has a Shula's Steakhouse downstairs and a nice rooftop bar on the top level. I'd definitely stay there again.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Stayed at the Casa Monica January 1. Nice folks and a great location. It's a historic property, but without the type of renovation that its more southerly Florida neighbor, the Renaissance Vinoy, underwent a number of years ago. In other words, at the Vinoy I felt like I was staying at a historic property with modern luxury and conveniences. At the Casa Monica, I felt like I was staying at a historic property.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
I stayed at The Glenn in Atlanta this past fall. The room seemed a little on the small side (probably because it's in a historic building), but the building had lots of cool character, the staff was very friendly, and breakfast was a delicious -- southern fare done a bit upscale. I preferred my stay there over the standard, cookie-cutter Marriott property.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
The Glenn

Originally Posted by twa777
I stayed at The Glenn in Atlanta this past fall. The room seemed a little on the small side (probably because it's in a historic building), but the building had lots of cool character, the staff was very friendly, and breakfast was a delicious -- southern fare done a bit upscale. I preferred my stay there over the standard, cookie-cutter Marriott property.
+1. We were there on a weeknight in November. The roof top bar was closed for the season, so we were enjoying the lobby bar when a Thrashers game let out. There was plenty of people watching from the bar, that was fun.

Our room was a corner room, kind of a suite I suppose in that we had a separate sitting/TV room from the bedroom. Smallish, but very well laid out and enjoyable.

Even used Gift Cheques to pay, and they knew how to handle them properly. I'll go back.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Autograph Collection

I recently stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas and can tell you as a long long time Marriott guest it is NOT a Marriott.

From the front desk on you can clearly tell that the staff has not been "Marriott"
trained. There is NO dedicated check in for us with status, no paper, no real anything.

When I went to the front desk to talk to the manager about some issues, she simply stood there with her hands in her pockets! For the record the room lights, ac, tv etc are all controlled by using the TV system, on my balcony someone was smoking and left their butts, and lighter there! My shampoo was half full! Oh well.

I sincerely hope that Marriott does a better job of policing these hotels and not simply allow them to fly the flag !
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis in Minnesota last Fall and it was quite swank.
Upgraded to a Junior Suite and was quite pleased. 2 shower heads (one normal and one from the ceiling).
Service was great and the CL was quite nice and open all weekend just for refreshments.
It's quiet and about 2 blocks away from the Nicolet Mall area so give it a try. Downtown Minneapolis is dead on the weekends in the vicinity of the hotel, though.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I did a trip report on my stay at The Algonquin in NYC. I'm too lazy to do a search & pull it up for you, but if you're interested you can do so. Also includes pictures.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.