Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status drop came early

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Status drop came early

It's Sunday morning Feb 28. I happened to log into my MR account this morning, and I noticed that my status is now shown as Silver. I knew I'd be dropping from Gold, but thought that would happen March 1.

Probably not a big deal, just a little surprising.

(Although I had been pondering the ethics of printing off the 2/1 EEO's knowing my status would be dropping...)
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by swag
It's Sunday morning Feb 28. I happened to log into my MR account this morning, and I noticed that my status is now shown as Silver. I knew I'd be dropping from Gold, but thought that would happen March 1.

Probably not a big deal, just a little surprising.

(Although I had been pondering the ethics of printing off the 2/1 EEO's knowing my status would be dropping...)
+1

I was hoping for a "computer mistake miracle" but has not happened.
Less than 20 Marriott nights in 2009, I did not deserve it.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:39 am

me too. I dropped from Plat to Gold, effective today. Can't complain. The company I worked for went out of business in mid-2008 and my new job has zero travel. MR renewed my Plat status for 2009, which I thought was really nice of them, and has offered a 40,000-point buy-back to Plat, but with Gold, I'll still get to use the lounge for an upcoming Shanghai award stay, so I see no point in burning the points to do that.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 2:11 pm

And me. I didn't receive the e-mail offering restoration to Gold in exchange for 25,000 miles, but I've e-mailed them requesting it as it's a good deal for me.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA OP BA gold MR Gold HH Silver BA Blue SNBrussels Blue
Its silver for me

+1 managed only 22 nights last year. It was fun while it lasted but with the weekend closures and down grading of food on offer I am not sure I will miss it. Indeed could look on it as liberating since I dont feel the need to chase the nights at Marriott. That being said I didn't seem to get any rollover nights - I thought I should be due 12 (10 to reach silver and 12 leftover for this year).
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you were gold you would only get rollover nights exceeding 50. You don't get rewardded for not meeting your re-up target, only for exceeding it.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:42 pm

I got gold about 18 months ago for signing up for some airline FF. It expired today. Oh well it was fun while it lasted! I did get 40 nights last year but not quite enough!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by sfpaul900
me too. I dropped from Plat to Gold, effective today. Can't complain. The company I worked for went out of business in mid-2008 and my new job has zero travel. MR renewed my Plat status for 2009, which I thought was really nice of them, and has offered a 40,000-point buy-back to Plat, but with Gold, I'll still get to use the lounge for an upcoming Shanghai award stay, so I see no point in burning the points to do that.
I had the identical situation.. makes me want to use them more this year.. which I will.. get at least pretty close to Gold... So they are smart to keep me wanting more...
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:59 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
delted for content - my error.

Last edited by freeupgrade; Mar 1, 2010 at 1:34 am
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Unhappy

Mine has diappeared from GOLD to nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.