FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Status drop came early (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1057428-status-drop-came-early.html)

swag Feb 28, 2010 9:18 am

Status drop came early

It's Sunday morning Feb 28. I happened to log into my MR account this morning, and I noticed that my status is now shown as Silver. I knew I'd be dropping from Gold, but thought that would happen March 1.

Probably not a big deal, just a little surprising.

(Although I had been pondering the ethics of printing off the 2/1 EEO's knowing my status would be dropping...)

more4less Feb 28, 2010 9:32 am

Originally Posted by swag (Post 13481247)
It's Sunday morning Feb 28. I happened to log into my MR account this morning, and I noticed that my status is now shown as Silver. I knew I'd be dropping from Gold, but thought that would happen March 1.

Probably not a big deal, just a little surprising.

(Although I had been pondering the ethics of printing off the 2/1 EEO's knowing my status would be dropping...)

+1

I was hoping for a "computer mistake miracle" but has not happened. :rolleyes:
Less than 20 Marriott nights in 2009, I did not deserve it.

sfpaul900 Feb 28, 2010 9:39 am

me too. I dropped from Plat to Gold, effective today. Can't complain. The company I worked for went out of business in mid-2008 and my new job has zero travel. MR renewed my Plat status for 2009, which I thought was really nice of them, and has offered a 40,000-point buy-back to Plat, but with Gold, I'll still get to use the lounge for an upcoming Shanghai award stay, so I see no point in burning the points to do that.

lukew Feb 28, 2010 2:11 pm

And me. I didn't receive the e-mail offering restoration to Gold in exchange for 25,000 miles, but I've e-mailed them requesting it as it's a good deal for me.

cdab Feb 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Its silver for me

+1 managed only 22 nights last year. It was fun while it lasted but with the weekend closures and down grading of food on offer I am not sure I will miss it. Indeed could look on it as liberating since I dont feel the need to chase the nights at Marriott. That being said I didn't seem to get any rollover nights - I thought I should be due 12 (10 to reach silver and 12 leftover for this year).

VickiSoCal Feb 28, 2010 4:05 pm

If you were gold you would only get rollover nights exceeding 50. You don't get rewardded for not meeting your re-up target, only for exceeding it.

ljknecht570 Feb 28, 2010 4:42 pm

I got gold about 18 months ago for signing up for some airline FF. It expired today:(. Oh well it was fun while it lasted! I did get 40 nights last year but not quite enough!

LAX1K to AmWest Mar 1, 2010 12:37 am

Originally Posted by sfpaul900 (Post 13481355)
me too. I dropped from Plat to Gold, effective today. Can't complain. The company I worked for went out of business in mid-2008 and my new job has zero travel. MR renewed my Plat status for 2009, which I thought was really nice of them, and has offered a 40,000-point buy-back to Plat, but with Gold, I'll still get to use the lounge for an upcoming Shanghai award stay, so I see no point in burning the points to do that.

I had the identical situation.. makes me want to use them more this year.. which I will.. get at least pretty close to Gold... So they are smart to keep me wanting more...

freeupgrade Mar 1, 2010 12:59 am

delted for content - my error.

djjaguar64 Mar 1, 2010 7:01 am

Mine has diappeared from GOLD to nothing.