Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newark Park and Fly advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Newark Park and Fly advice needed

For all of you who are familiar with Newark airport... we are driving from upstate New York to catch a flight to Alaska next summer and need to find a park and fly package for probably about 12 nights at EWR. We need to stay one night before our early morning flight, and possibly another night upon our return. Several Marriott branded hotels offer packages up to 7 or 8 days, but for longer stays they charge a daily rate (ranging from $36/day at the full service Marriott to $8/day at the Fairfield Inn). I've also read that parking is not entirely safe, that hotels do not take responsibility for damage, and that some of the areas around these hotels are rather unpleasant. Finally, it seems that the Fairfield Inn/Courtyard are difficult to find at night (when we will be arriving).
Taking into account the availability of shuttle service, parking areas, hotel location, etc, does anyone have any advice or recommendations for us as to where we should stay? Many thanks for your input!
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
i tend to stick with the Courtyard EWR/Elziabeth or Residence Inn.....right off 13A of the NJTurnpike...

They are IMO easier to get to...parking is safe--been there done that dozens of times....they will probably work with you or let you stay a longer time...and BOTH were just redone the beginning of this year....

(i would skip the FS Marriott..that is an even BIGGER PITA)

there is a ruby tuesday adjacent, a mall across the street and MAYBE a diner if they ever get their monetary situation together....

shuttle...easy-about 5-10 minutes.....breakfast is not bad...a little pricey...but it can be decent...(in the past it was lousy!)

the SHS is OK as well....the only issue with the SHS, FFI and CY EWR/Airport is that they are a PITA to get in and out of and there is NO easy access to food....i would not attempt to find these at night. i am up there all the time, and laast time a couple weeks ago, I got messed up!

hth
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:11 pm
Suspended

OP I know several hotels that will allow a stay upon 1s return to count towards the PnF. So a night before and a night after a trip should be good for 14 nights of parking plus a free night for each actually staying.

So call to see if these Hotels will offer the same, then figure out which way is the cheapest to handle it.Of cause if you dont when you return be preparred to ante up what ever their rate is for the additonal days, just make sure that they dont include the night you are staying, been down that road numerous times, where they charged me , I said OK but then my CC will end up Disputing the whole amount as they cant just dispute 1 nights parking. they took it off then and there
Old Sep 22, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
deleted

Last edited by schriste; Sep 22, 2009 at 3:00 pm Reason: bad idea
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:14 pm

Sorry to bring this back but I have a question along the same lines. Can you park your car at the courtyard when you are away for 3 days and then stay 1 night when you return?

I may be flying out of Newark on a Friday at 4pm and then returning Sunday at 10pm. This is a great deal if I can stay the one night at the end of my trip rather than the beginning.

Who do I call with questions, the specific hotel or a Marriott 1-800 number?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
You can pull it off at the Farifield property which is also adjacent to the Courtyard (or is it SHS ?)... either way... so as long as you manage to stay one night on return, it doesn't matter how long you dump your car there. I've kept mine at the Fairfield a few times using this system... it is a secured area.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nova08
Sorry to bring this back but I have a question along the same lines. Can you park your car at the courtyard when you are away for 3 days and then stay 1 night when you return?

I may be flying out of Newark on a Friday at 4pm and then returning Sunday at 10pm. This is a great deal if I can stay the one night at the end of my trip rather than the beginning.

Who do I call with questions, the specific hotel or a Marriott 1-800 number?
Ive done it at several Airports that way. I Always called the Hotel itself to work it out and get the name of the person (mgr) who OKs it. Just in case theres a slip up you wont have to pay for a tow etc

Most hotels give out a placard that goes on the dash or rear view mirror that has the dates you are allowed to park there. Ive never been told No Can Do. all they care is that you will be staying at least 1 night

A couple of times when plans changed and I arrived back early afternoon , instead of like 11:30pm as I was suppose to. I asked if I could simply pay for the time parked and CX the res. It happened maybe 2 or 3 times and each time they said dont worry about it seeing you are Top Level with our Chain and CXed the res and didnt charge me for the parking for the 2 or 3 nights I was parked. But thatw as when times were good, I wouldnt expect to be let off with no parking charges in todays times. Also I arrived at the Hotel B4 the CX time on the res
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Originally Posted by craz
Ive done it at several Airports that way. I Always called the Hotel itself to work it out and get the name of the person (mgr) who OKs it. Just in case theres a slip up you wont have to pay for a tow etc

Most hotels give out a placard that goes on the dash or rear view mirror that has the dates you are allowed to park there. Ive never been told No Can Do. all they care is that you will be staying at least 1 night

A couple of times when plans changed and I arrived back early afternoon , instead of like 11:30pm as I was suppose to. I asked if I could simply pay for the time parked and CX the res. It happened maybe 2 or 3 times and each time they said dont worry about it seeing you are Top Level with our Chain and CXed the res and didnt charge me for the parking for the 2 or 3 nights I was parked. But thatw as when times were good, I wouldnt expect to be let off with no parking charges in todays times. Also I arrived at the Hotel B4 the CX time on the res
For what's it worth.... when parking in the NYC area, especially Newark... never put anything that has a date on it unless Mngt signs something to the effect that they are liable for your car.

Leave it as is and register with the FD and let them hold onto the tag/plaqard... someone looking for a boost will key in on that sign and know you're gone for awhile... that's the reason why your car has the sign and no one else's.... trust me on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.