Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
I just hung up with Plat desk to inquire and I was told the active date for next batch for EEO is July 8th to Aug 28th. This is horrible news for me I have a res for 4th of July and Labor Day week and they are too soon for one and too late for the other. Now I have to make some plan B reservations.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by nub2travel
I just hung up with Plat desk to inquire and I was told the active date for next batch for EEO is July 8th to Aug 28th. This is horrible news for me I have a res for 4th of July and Labor Day week and they are too soon for one and too late for the other. Now I have to make some plan B reservations.
That is different than what the agent told me this morning. I think the Aug 28 date is the same. But I forgot the starting date. She just said my dates were within the promotion period. I guess we just have to wait and see. It is pretty late for them to release a promotion that would start over this weekend though.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
I think they are deliberately excluding the holiday weekends.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by nub2travel
I think they are deliberately excluding the holiday weekends.
Agreed
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Wow, even an August 28 date is significantly shorter than years past. Let's hope the agents were misinformed. I will be canceling a July 1-3 stay if no EEOs.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Dang, I was counting on this for the Labor day weekend as I'm planning a vacation.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: marriott platinum
upcoming EEO dates

I just got off with plat line making mid July weekend res and acquired the following updates:

dates for next set are July 8 to Aug 28. This seems to confirm previous posts.

the agent had no list of participating hotels but just noted in res assuming the hotel would qualify since not major city or high demand.

I believe the following is a first report and believe it to be accurate: The agent said the last set would be Oct 28 to Jan 15. This leaves a full 2 months (Aug 28 to Oct 28) without EEOs!!

The expanding list of excluded properties and apparently decreasing eligible dates is not a favorable trend.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by educatedtraveler
I just got off with plat line making mid July weekend res and acquired the following updates:

the agent had no list of participating hotels but just noted in res assuming the hotel would qualify since not major city or high demand.

I believe the following is a first report and believe it to be accurate: The agent said the last set would be Oct 28 to Jan 15. This leaves a full 2 months (Aug 28 to Oct 28) without EEOs!!
This is horrible news and amounts to a significant devaluation of Platinum benefits! I made a reservation for this weekend expecting the BOGOs to come out this weekend like they have for the last several years, so it hits me right away.

We should start an online petition to present to Marriott requesting restoration of the BOGO benefits to its (apparently) now former glory. Otherwise, within a couple of years, this benefit will be just a memory.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I too was planning on using one over the 4th of July weekend. Oh well, you just lost a reservation.

Way to go Marriott... nice job in devaluing these even more. First we have the mile long exclusion list, and now blocking out a couple months worth of time when they aren't valid, including July 4th and Labor Day weekend.

Why even keep doing these? Just cancel the EEO program all together and be done with it instead of making it a joke and pissing off elites who actually try to use the thing.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Fortunately for me, I was not banking on Marriott over the July 4th weekend, rather SPG for me, so no pain, but if true, it is a cutback, no doubt about it.

As to whether it is a significant devaluation, that is another story.

However, those of you who think that it is a signficant devalluation of Platinum there is an option -- go for Gold and give the rest to some other chain. @:-)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:00 pm

August 28th? Not good news. I was planning on using an EEO for Saturday and Sunday night (August 27 and 28). Do you think they would still allow me use it even though I would be checking out on the 29th?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Among other things, it looks like one of their objectives is including holiday weekends.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cyberdad
Among other things, it looks like one of their objectives is including holiday weekends.
you mean excluding, right?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Maybe they are shortening the periods but adding an additional batch of them.
I wouldnt mine haveing 4 shorter batches a year that might allow for greater coverage.
Probably not though.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by educatedtraveler

I just got a reply from Marriott Rewards and the agent confirmed the above dates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.