Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I just rebooked some of my stays to another chain. I cannot believe it will take 3 months to revamp it. I will have to see what happens in 2012 to see where my $ goes to.
What I meant that in 3 months, when 2012 hits, I will see where my dollars will be hanging out! If the BOGO does not come back neither will my money.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Well, without the B!G1, I might not consider qualifying or buying Gold for the next year.

Glad my wife was able to use this summer, the cert for the Shelbourne hotel in Dublin.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9330; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.522 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Well, without the B!G1, I might not consider qualifying or buying Gold for the next year.

Glad my wife was able to use this summer, the cert for the Shelbourne hotel in Dublin.
I totally understand that this may not be a biggie for some folks but I'm with you. The EEO was what motivated me to go for Gold every year. It was the ONE benefit that I always used. Upgrades? Hit or miss and never guaranteed. Gold bonus points? No where near worth busting out 50 nights.
I've got the MR Visa so I'll slide by on Silver from here on out.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Disappointed doesn't begin to say it...
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Which other hotel chains offer a BOGO coupon to elites? It's my favorite perk. If there is another program offering this, I'd consider shifting alliances. I've got more than enough stays for Plat next year, and enough stays through the end of the year to qualify make elite elsewhere if it means saving this perk for myself.
Priority Club offers an annual BOGO for Ambassadors
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
This is distressing news

Now I need to go cancel bookings made in anticipation of Fall/Winter BOGOs.

fwiw, the BOGO program has often been the key incentive to stay with Marriott and requalify for status when faced with other options.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
6 weekend nights canceled here. I definitely won't requalify. I'm going to focus on Hyatt for the rest of the year.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I'm certainly not happy with this development. The EEO was one of the last major benefits of MR Platinum status over Hyatt Diamond. Generally I prefer Marriott properties to Hyatt, but I'm going to book based on price. Without the EEO, a lot of Hyatt properties will be beating out Marriott.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Just cancelled two weekend stays I had planned for the fall. While Marriott will likely continue to get my business stays, I will look elsewhere for the best value for my personal weekend stays.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bk3day
Priority Club offers an annual BOGO for Ambassadors
PC Visa -- also issued by Chase -- also looks better. No foreign transaction fee, annual free night with no category restrictions, 10% rebate on award bookings and only a $49 annual fee.

With IHG hotels revamped, this may be my go to choice in the future.

Also, can buy or spend via credit card ( I suppose) status easily to Platinum if one so wishes.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I may be the minority here, but since those BOGOs usually only had a spotty coverage of Europe (to say it the nicest way), I miss not much as I tend to use these certs once a year if at all. And if I would get free breakfast 7 days a week including resort-properties and Courtyards in return for the loss of those, I would be jumping of joy...sadly it seems that this is not going to happen, so I'm with the unhappy crowd.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Be sure to send an email or letter to corporate expressing your displeasure with the elimination of the BOGO.

I'm sure with the revamp it'll get "enhanced" like the last big change to the MR program and end up being devalued more.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I used this benefit several times a year to extend my weekend trips and am sorry to see it end. I had two long weekends planned, that I have now moved to other chains with better weekend rates or better promotions.

With all the complaining (not just from elites, I am sure the hotels complained too) about using the Certs and the number of hotels that were excluded, I am not surprised to see this unwritten benefit disappear. With leisure travel and occupancy rates up this year and predictions for increased leisure travel next year, it makes sense that Marriott discontinue these.

Sadly, I don't think we will see the BOGO EEO certs return.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9330; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.522 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I totally understand that this may not be a biggie for some folks but I'm with you. The EEO was what motivated me to go for Gold every year. It was the ONE benefit that I always used. Upgrades? Hit or miss and never guaranteed. Gold bonus points? No where near worth busting out 50 nights.
I've got the MR Visa so I'll slide by on Silver from here on out.
+1
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

Plus one on this. HUGE devaluation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.