Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott discontinued these a few years ago. They are no longer available.
Print Wikipost

Latest on EEO Free Weekend/BOGO certificates

Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:48 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

FALL BOGO For EEO's

Hello all,

Due to a re-vamping of the Buy-One-Get-One Elite Exclusive Offers for stay and dining, the offers have been place on hold. There will not be any BOGO's for stays or dining offered for the remainder of 2011.

We will keep you posted on offers for 2012.

Kind regards,

Marie

Last edited by Marriott Concierge; Sep 21, 2011 at 3:49 pm
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

Due to a re-vamping of the Buy-One-Get-One Elite Exclusive Offers for stay and dining have been place on hold. There will not be any BOGO's for stays or dining offered for the remainder of 2011.

Kind regards,

Marie
Wow! I AM SPEECHLESS!!!--get Ready for a Firestorm!!!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum
And there don't seemto be any cheap rates on offer generally. The only new "offer" is a weekend rate with a 4pm check out.WOW!! Hardly an enticement to stay.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:27 pm

Hello all,

Due to a re-vamping of the Buy-One-Get-One Elite Exclusive Offers for stay and dining have been place on hold. There will not be any BOGO's for stays or dining offered for the remainder of 2011.

Kind regards,

Marie

Wow. While not part of the official offering of PLT/GLD benefits, this has certainly been something that frequent travelers have come to expect. While nobody can possibly question your right to remove this, you can certainly expect unhappy campers. For better or worse, people have been conditioned to expect these offers.

Maybe the saved money can be used to hire a web team with a background in user experience.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Hello all,

Kind regards,

Marie
Marie,

Will the re-vamping of the Buy-One-Get-One Elite Exclusive Offer be done by the same geniuses that provided us with the wonderful enhancements on the new "My Account" page on the Marriott site?

Newman
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Angry Bye Bye BOGO

Hello all,

Kind regards,

Marie
No word yet on whether the re-vamping of the Buy-One-Get-One Elite Exclusive Offer is being done by the same geniuses that gave us all of the exciting enhancements on the new and improved "My Account" page on the Marriott website.

Stay tuned.......

Newman
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
This is very disappointing.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not surprising, considering that the exclusion list has grown to a mile long and blocks out almost every hotel in the mid-atlantic to northeast region... along with the trouble of poorly trained agents who don't know what to do with it at the front desk.

A shame that the meal bogo got wacked as well, since I could still find some use for that one.

My concern is that its going to get "enhanced" even more and be fully electronic and only allow a single use per period and have even more restrictive hotel/regional blackouts.

Oh and +1 on the new and nasty my accounts page... awful
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Hello all,

Due to a re-vamping of the Buy-One-Get-One Elite Exclusive Offers for stay and dining, the offers have been place on hold. There will not be any BOGO's for stays or dining offered for the remainder of 2011.

Kind regards,

Marie
And the hits just keep on coming. What the heck is going on at Marriott?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Which other hotel chains offer a BOGO coupon to elites? It's my favorite perk. If there is another program offering this, I'd consider shifting alliances. I've got more than enough stays for Plat next year, and enough stays through the end of the year to qualify make elite elsewhere if it means saving this perk for myself.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Which other hotel chains offer a BOGO coupon to elites? It's my favorite perk. If there is another program offering this, I'd consider shifting alliances. I've got more than enough stays for Plat next year, and enough stays through the end of the year to qualify make elite elsewhere if it means saving this perk for myself.
I dont think anyone else has a similar offer--that is what has kept us with marriott all these years. They are priceless to us!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:43 pm

rebooking

I just rebooked some of my stays to another chain. I cannot believe it will take 3 months to revamp it. I will have to see what happens in 2012 to see where my $ goes to.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I just rebooked some of my stays to another chain. I cannot believe it will take 3 months to revamp it. I will have to see what happens in 2012 to see where my $ goes to.
Post 182 on page 13 of this thread leads one to believe its much longer than 3 months

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-dates-13.html

please ignore this post. Vicki (below) straightend me out!!!!!

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Sep 21, 2011 at 6:42 pm
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post 182 is referencing an older post about summer 2011 dates. MC said that 2012 dates will be revealed after they "revamp" so anyone who claims to know the 2012 dates is blowing smoke.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Post 182 is referencing an older post about summer 2011 dates. MC said that 2012 dates will be revealed after they "revamp" so anyone who claims to know the 2012 dates is blowing smoke.
Thank you for correcting that. Sorry for the misinformation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.