Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
The Japanese owners of the Starwood Waikiki Properties (Moana Surfrider, Sheraton Waikiki and The Royal Hawaiian) don't seem to take that approach; while they have older buildings, they maintain them and continue to innovate with services and quality food & beverage outlets. Marriott International would do very well to learn from them. Then again they are sitting on some of the most amazing real estate in Waikiki and possibly cater to a bit more sophisticated/affluent customer base than the Courtyard and Marriott Waikiki.
so very true. Case in point the Hyatt sold by a Japanese businessman to GS, bled to death sold to Blackstone bled again now we have a Korean businessman who has bought it and there are huge hopes that it will be brought back.

Several Chinese businesses have bought and reflagged hotels I will leave out the actual hotels and they tend to do it on the cheap side very cheap side.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
The Japanese owners of the Starwood Waikiki Properties (Moana Surfrider, Sheraton Waikiki and The Royal Hawaiian) don't seem to take that approach; while they have older buildings, they maintain them and continue to innovate with services and quality food & beverage outlets. Marriott International would do very well to learn from them. Then again they are sitting on some of the most amazing real estate in Waikiki and possibly cater to a bit more sophisticated/affluent customer base than the Courtyard and Marriott Waikiki.
This is a factor I’ve considered after being almost an exclusive Marriott business traveler for almost 20 years. The Waikiki Marriott is a lousy resort property but I like its location at the extreme end of the strip. I think its quiet w/o all the street entertainment you see to the west. That said, Ive opted for SPG on 2 recent trips one to the UK, one to Germany. Ive been impressed. So Im going to pass on the indifferent experience at the Waikiki Marriott and try SPG the next time. In April. Looking forward to it.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by AATrout
This is a factor I’ve considered after being almost an exclusive Marriott business traveler for almost 20 years. The Waikiki Marriott is a lousy resort property but I like its location at the extreme end of the strip. I think its quiet w/o all the street entertainment you see to the west. That said, Ive opted for SPG on 2 recent trips one to the UK, one to Germany. Ive been impressed. So Im going to pass on the indifferent experience at the Waikiki Marriott and try SPG the next time. In April. Looking forward to it.
The Marriott has been in decline for years now, thank you Equity Capital ! The Aloha Spirit is losing it's luster at many of the hotels and the Marriott is no exception. And it's sad. The SPG is on the beach but it is a well used property with a lot of "packages" loud but hell it's Hawaii and many their first time there
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:22 pm

anyone stay here lately? If I want to go on a budget and used 7 night package, would it be worth the price? seems like everyone here is saying the room are torn and need work. How is the bed and the bathroom because I think that's more important. =)
I asked the property and they said Gold member get 1 free breakfast. Only 1?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by hchang2017
anyone stay here lately? If I want to go on a budget and used 7 night package, would it be worth the price? seems like everyone here is saying the room are torn and need work. How is the bed and the bathroom because I think that's more important. =)
I asked the property and they said Gold member get 1 free breakfast. Only 1?
I an only comment from a couple of years ago. I stayed here when it first opened and tried it several years later after a "refresh" in each case I will not stay here again. Like the Hyatt Place a poorly done reflag to take advantage of the brand.

If your going to the islands enjoy them not at a cheaply done reflag which would never cut it on the mainland. why not try a "local" brand? Try the Sheraton.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I an only comment from a couple of years ago. I stayed here when it first opened and tried it several years later after a "refresh" in each case I will not stay here again. Like the Hyatt Place a poorly done reflag to take advantage of the brand.

If your going to the islands enjoy them not at a cheaply done reflag which would never cut it on the mainland. why not try a "local" brand? Try the Sheraton.
SPG are all booked except the sheraton princess. A few that are good one are in the range of ~$2600 like alohilani waikiki. I am not sure if I would pay for the difference.
Is this hotel really that bad bad? Or just mediocre?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:06 pm

SPG are all booked except the sheraton princess. A few that are good one are in the range of ~$2600 like alohilani waikiki. I am not sure if I would pay for the difference.
Is this hotel really that bad bad? Or just mediocre?
Have you tried the Outrigger's ?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:13 pm

Have you tried the Outrigger's ?
yup. it's through the roof expensive too...
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:59 pm

yup. it's through the roof expensive too...
Well if price is the issue and you got a good price at the CY there is a reason for that. I would possibly try the Hilton Embassy Suites or Double Tree, Hilton that is off beach near the Marriott or even the Hyatt Place it too is a poor reflag but at least your just off the beach.

good luck
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:36 pm

Well if price is the issue and you got a good price at the CY there is a reason for that. I would possibly try the Hilton Embassy Suites or Double Tree, Hilton that is off beach near the Marriott or even the Hyatt Place it too is a poor reflag but at least your just off the beach.

good luck
thanks for the tips! it is actually award redemption at Marriott not CY. =)
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:55 am

thanks for the tips! it is actually award redemption at Marriott not CY. =)
nothing wrong with the FS Marriott.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:12 pm

nothing wrong with the FS Marriott.
what is FS?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:40 pm

what is FS?
Full Service
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:05 pm

Full Service
thx!
I thought you said this hotel is also in decline?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:48 pm

thx!
I thought you said this hotel is also in decline?
Nope never did I have enjoyed the Marriott for a long time. Actually I walked in a day after Marriott took that property over and have seen the changes over the years some good and some not so good. They use to have a great lobby bar !!

It has had it's issues like all the major hotels. Nevertheless I like it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.