Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2010 MegaBonus details and registration now available

2010 MegaBonus details and registration now available

Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Platinum with 118 nights for 2009. Still no promotion showing up. Still shows Visa promotion for 50K which I received. When I try any of the links shown here it shows up with a promotion over page.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 DenverBrian. I also got such an offer last summer. Just as it says, 1 free night after 2 stays--NOT after every pair of stays!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ramolnar
Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion will earn 5,000 bonus points with every other paid stay, beginning with their second stay - up to a total of 25,000 bonus points, between February 1, 2010, and April 30, 2010, at participating Marriott® properties.
Gold here, and I got the same offer.

But, does this mean I get the bonus with the 2nd stay, and I again receive a bonus after the 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th stays

or

the first stay doesn't really count, and I get the bonus after the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th stay?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
I know this question is asked for EVERY promo... but does a stay from 1/29 to 2/5 count? Will MR pro-rate nights for promo purposes?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dvc_john
Gold here, and I got the same offer.

But, does this mean I get the bonus with the 2nd stay, and I again receive a bonus after the 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th stays

or

the first stay doesn't really count, and I get the bonus after the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th stay?
Earn triple miles from February 1 to April 30, 2010 beginning with the second stay.

https://www.marriott.com/File%20Bloc..._us_terms.html
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:14 pm

I am platinum with 87 nights last year and have not rec'd the promotion either. When I click on the MS10 link I get the error below saying it's not available for me...

Unfortunately, this promotion is not available, but new ones are on the way soon. If this is a Miles promotion please ensure you have the correct earning currency, simply log on to MarriottRewards.com and change your preference to "Miles" in your Member Profile. Call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Care number if you need help.
I'd love the 5k points every other stay or 2500 every stay bonus. So no other promos going on right now? I don't feel like going to Hilton and switching hotels to rack up stays for free nights. I have 10 nights planned through the end of Jan but darn no Marriott promo!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aegean Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
I am platinum with 87 nights last year and have not rec'd the promotion either. When I click on the MS10 link I get the error below saying it's not available for me...

I'd love the 5k points every other stay or 2500 every stay bonus. So no other promos going on right now? I don't feel like going to Hilton and switching hotels to rack up stays for free nights. I have 10 nights planned through the end of Jan but darn no Marriott promo!
It's annoying to miss out on promos. I'm staying 4 nights next week and thus missing the last megabonus that ends on January 15th, and missing the beginning of the next one that starts on Feb 1.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I will have half a dozen nights during the "gap," also. It is annoying.

Bruce
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by iwc
Stay at over 3,100 participating Marriott® hotels from February 1 through April 30, 2010.

Earn 25,000 MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 20 paid nights.

Register by March 31, 2010
Has anyone successfully requested a downgrade of their bonus offer?
I.e., this time around I would prefer the above offer over the 20/35k and 25/50k night/points promotion I received.

Last edited by GrizShel; Jan 14, 2010 at 7:45 am
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Has anyone successfully requested a downgrade of their bonus offer?
I.e., this time around I would prefer the above offer over the 20/35k and 25/50k night/points promotion I received.
As a plat, yes, I have been able to downgrade my offer. Call, talk to a representative who will document your request, and they will manually make the adjustment at or near the end of the promotion.

Billy
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:11 pm

my hotel bill this morning even mentioned the 2010 megabonus and to register for it but when i go to my promotion central or click on the link it still says not applicable for me. Grr!

I could have stayed at Hiltons and hopped between them to have a free night by now but I'm only Gold with them and daily checkouts is annoying in NYC.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
my hotel bill this morning even mentioned the 2010 megabonus and to register for it but when i go to my promotion central or click on the link it still says not applicable for me. Grr!

I could have stayed at Hiltons and hopped between them to have a free night by now but I'm only Gold with them and daily checkouts is annoying in NYC.
I still can't register for it either. I wouldn't worry, they say everyone is invited and likely they are having some issues on their web site. Can't start earning for a few more weeks anyway - let them clear this Megabonus first and then once Feb 1 rolls around, then complain if you're not registered then.

I'm not worried.

Billy
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So, other than the all-or-none stay requirement, there's no catch to this? I've been 4/5 nights/wk since September* and will be 'till at least July. I don't have the Marriott Visa (but do get AmEx MR points) so this is really nice since I'm going to try and book their best non-US Cat 8** for a week this fall.

I got the 35/50 deal, so I guess I'll be calling to try to switch to the 60K promotion.

* - I dunno 'bout you guys, but I hate that I've been away enough to be Plat again by the middle of February

** - which property is that, anyway?!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
I'm Plat w/ under 75 nights in 2009. (I believe I qualified because I met the requirements of the challenge, even though I didn't request it.) I was offered the 25K for 15 nights / 40K for 20 nights, registered, but now I want to switch to one of the lesser ones, as the most I can do during the promo period is around 10 nights.

Sorry to be a lazy PITA, but would someone be kind enough to summarize the various offers available? I want to call to switch mine, but I'm lost on exactly what my options are.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Bump.

Any help?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.