FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   2010 MegaBonus details and registration now available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1029302-2010-megabonus-details-registration-now-available.html)

Kate_Canuck Dec 19, 2009 12:03 pm

I have a language holiday in Quito planned for February and was already planning to shift hotels a bit during the stay (among Hilton, Sheraton and Marriott) due to rate differences on weekends vs weekdays, lounge availability and proximity to the school. I was already planning to spend the two weekends at the Marriott because it has the best rate, but now I think I'll test my tolerance for hotel moves and see if I can squeeze 4 separate Marriott stays out of the 11 day trip. And I'll have to prepare Mr Canuck for some hotel hopping during our planned dive trip to Florida in April - 2 different Marriotts would be easy (e.g. one night by the airport, the remainder at our dive location). 4 is probably will exceed his tolerance, even though he enjoys the benefits of my point/mile-chasing habits.

AGLevi Dec 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Where is it?

OK; maybe I'm dense, but I haven't found the offer when I log into my account. Any ideas?

nissan motor Dec 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by dave-b (Post 13014408)
Earn up to 60,000 bonus points with Marriott RewardsŪ MegaBonusSM from February 1 through April 30, 2010.

Earn 35,000 MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 20 paid nights, plus an additional 25,000 MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 30 paid nights.

Hmmm? And what's good about this promotion?

With Hilton Q4/2009 you get 25k for every four stays plus 4 x 1500 M&M miles. That's muuuuuch better that Marriott's promotion?

Am I missing something?

cfischer Dec 20, 2009 3:44 am

offer is in my account and it says I am aleady signed up :confused:

25k after 15 nights and 40k after 20 mights.

ramolnar Dec 20, 2009 5:16 am

Originally Posted by AGLevi (Post 13020293)
OK; maybe I'm dense, but I haven't found the offer when I log into my account. Any ideas?

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I found the promotion in Promotion Central. After I logged in, and went to My Account overview, promotion central is midway down the page. You might have to click on "see all promotions".

It's marked as MS10 for me, too.

AGLevi Dec 20, 2009 7:21 am

Nope. Logged in, went to:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi

Under "New Promotions" is shows "No new promotions." Doesn't seem to have caught up with me yet. Hmmm: I'm Plat with 87 nights this year.

Jiatong Dec 20, 2009 9:05 am

Originally Posted by ramolnar (Post 13022633)
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I found the promotion in Promotion Central. After I logged in, and went to My Account overview, promotion central is midway down the page. You might have to click on "see all promotions".

It's marked as MS10 for me, too.

Jiatong Dec 20, 2009 9:07 am

yes, to echo this on my PT account it was automatic registartion for this promo

From NYC Dec 20, 2009 3:07 pm

This is what I saw in my account under Promotions: "Earn 5,000 MegaBonus points with every other paid stay, starting with your second stay - up to a maximum of 25,000 points."

I'm new-ish to Marriott, having been comped to Gold in Jan. 2009 and made my 50 nights during the year with some help from double nights. That being said, while some individual hotel rate promotions were pretty good, I'm not impressed overall with Marriott over SPG, Hyatt or Hilton. The lack of lounges over the weekend, along with no breakfast if the lounge is closed or otherwise on a weekend (with a few hotels not following that rule) is a major turn-off. No free wi-fi in the lounges of most of the Marriotts I've stayed in just isn't a major force for me to really come into the program whole hog. Plus, their promotions have generally been unappealing.

Yes, I know - if I don't like it, don't stay. And that will likely be what will happen with my hotel stays in the future. Thanks for the taste this past year, but this is one traveler who's not impressed.

ramalama8 Dec 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler (Post 13014924)
Got the 35k @ 20 nights + 15k at 25 nights. Unfortunately, I'm getting errors when I try to register.

Same here. Were you able to resolve? I'll probably call tomorrow when they're open to register, and to see if I can get the 60,000 promo.

SimpleManToo Dec 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Are there multiple award levels???

Ok, when I signed in, I only got a 25,000 award level as a silver member. Here is what it said which makes me wonder if there are multiple award levels for Platinum, Gold and Silver:

Earn up to 25,000 bonus points with Marriott RewardsŪ MegaBonusSM from February 1 through April 30, 2010.

With MegaBonus, it’s easier to get to where you long to be. Points add up faster than you can imagine and take you as far as your imagination will allow. Here's how:

Register by March 31, 2010.
Stay at over 3,100 participating MarriottŪ hotels from February 1 through April 30, 2010.
Earn 5,000 MegaBonus points with every other paid stay, starting with your second stay - up to a maximum of 25,000 points.

Is this what others received or is this different at Silver? I would like the 60,000 points promo but apparently Silver Members aren't good enough to get it IF this is correct.

PHLGovFlyer Dec 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo (Post 13025696)
Is this what others received or is this different at Silver? I would like the 60,000 points promo but apparently Silver Members aren't good enough to get it IF this is correct.

I'm Gold and got the same offer, so it seems to be based on other criteria.

bdschobel Dec 21, 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by flyerwife (Post 13014488)
My offer:

Earn 35,000 MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 MegaBonus points when you stay a total of 25 paid nights.

Same here. I'm lifetime Plat, with 114 nights so far in 2009 (not quite done yet!).

My travel plans for February-April 2010 are pretty light. Not sure I'll get the full bonus.

Bruce

SimpleManToo Dec 21, 2009 7:18 am

Think I am calling Marriott

Think it is time to call Marriott and find out several of us are getting different offers. Maybe it is based instead on 2009 nights stayed vs. our levels. Who knows?

Any way I'm calling Marriott to find out why there are different offers out there and I suggest everyone do the same. There is not a lot of time between Feb 1 and April 30 to earn points.

I just am guessing it must have to do with the number of nights stayed this past year with Marriott and lesser nights gets you a lesser promotion.

SimpleManToo Dec 21, 2009 7:38 am

Here is the Beef on Mega Bonus Different Levels

Mega Bonus has 6 (Six) different out there for this one according to a phone conversation with a manager at Marriott Rewards.

Call in and they will raise you IF you ask them too

They raised me to earn 35,000 points when you stay 20 paid nights by asking for it.

The key is you Must stay 20 Nights. Any less and you get NO POINTS. :confused:

They also told me that if a guess stays an additional 5 nights, You get an additional 15,000 points when you stay 25 nights. ^

You Must ask Marriott to raise your promotion level if you want to go for the higher # of nights. It is called the Mega Bonus and you must speak to the Rewards desk. Be ware though that missing the number of nights means No Points.