Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Vail Marriott Resort - Points on Room Charges

Old Dec 12, 09, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know if you get Marriott Rewards points for room charges at the ski shop (Charter Sports) located in the Vail Marriott - as you would on incidentals in any full service marriott?

I understand if you don't, as the shop is not operated directly by Marriott (it's just in the hotel), but it would be nice to get 20 points per dollar (10 + 5 plat bonus + 5 credit card) spent on ski rentals, etc. charged to the room from the shop.

I know I'll get the 5 CC points regardless, since the charges are going to be paid to Marriott, but I was just wondering if anyone knows about the other.

Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 09, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Calling aaupgrade, our resident expert on the Vail Marriott...

Cheers.
Old Dec 17, 09, 11:31 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Hi Sharon. And I thought I could hide...

No, you do not get points for purchases made at Charter Sports. I put ski rentals on room charge for friends that join me each year and I do not get points for those. Yes, I too use my Marriott Premier Visa and get the 5 points/$.
Old Dec 17, 09, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aaupgrade View Post
No, you do not get points for purchases made at Charter Sports. I put ski rentals on room charge for friends that join me each year and I do not get points for those. Yes, I too use my Marriott Premier Visa and get the 5 points/$.
I figured as much. I'll still charge everybody's skis to my room and get the five points.

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: