Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

List compiled by Muerz as of 1/29/2019 from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30713612-post595.html:
List updated by @rt23456p as of 1/03/2023, from https://www.marriott.com/en/destinations/beijing.mi , note that the Cat system is dead.

Category 2 - 12'500 points per night
  • Four Points by Sheraton Langfang (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
  • Aloft Beijing Haidian
  • Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River (Warning: Not in Beijing!)
Category 3 - 17'500 points per night
  • Beijing Marriott Changping
  • Beijing Marriott Northeast
  • Renaissance Beijing Capital
  • Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing
  • JW Marriott Beijing
  • JW Marriott Beijing Central
Category 4 - 25'000 points per night
  • Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng
  • Westin Beijing Chaoyang
  • Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • W Beijing Chang'an
Category 5 - 35'000 points per night
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing
  • Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
  • St. Regis Beijing
No category yet or point redemption not possible
  • Bulgari Beijing
  • Sheraton Beijing Lize
  • Sheraton Beijing Huairou
  • Imperial Mansion Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Sandalwood Marriott Executive Apartments
  • Fairfield by Marriott Beijing Daxing Airport
  • Beijing Marriott Hotel Yanqing
  • Element Beijing Yanqing
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2002, 7:13 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at the Beijing Courtyard location? I would appreciate knowing the experience.

[This message has been edited by TheAuditor (edited 01-09-2002).]
Old Jan 10, 2002, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed there for a week last year. Very nice place right across the street from the Beijing Train Station and close to lots of shopping areas. I had no problems of any kind. The restaurant is pretty good, too.

Bruce
Old Feb 17, 2002, 10:15 pm

The hotel is part of a large shopping center complex, and office tower. I stayed there for a week when it first opened and it was very nice.

The Chongmenwen subway station is only one block away, and Tienanmen is only 2-3 stops from there. Adjacent to the hotel is a good grocery store where you can stock up on snacks and drinks, or sample the local cuisine. The store-make crispy duck was OK and the steamed pork buns too. Also, the shopping mall has a 'point to order' food court, so you know what you're getting.

I hired a car & driver from the hotel, and he drove me to the Ming Tombs and the Great Wall. For $80, it was an excellent deal! The car was an Audi.

The room was standard Courtyard, although it had a few more gadgets; it also had a large couch. Imagine what a JW Courtyard would look like, and you get the picture!!

Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:18 pm

New World Hotel, Beijing

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the New World Hotel, Beijing. There's not a whole lot of information on the web about it. I'm going to Beijing on Business, and this is the hotel my company put me up in.

Thank You!
Old Jan 25, 2003, 11:13 pm
Patron

For a start:
www.marriott.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=BJSCY

Old Jan 26, 2003, 12:28 am

Thanks for the prompt reply, but this is not the hotel I was referring to. Here's the hotel link. http://www.newworldhotels.com/PEKNW/

I did some research and found that Mariott owns it.

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2003, 12:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
I'm going to Beijing in February and I'm debating between Marriott and Hilton. The price at Marriott Beijing West is about the same as the Courtyard. At Marriott Beijing West, I can get a quality room for $85 including breakfast, or an executive level room for $90 with full executive lounge access. Would I get a breakfast in the Executive Lounge? If so, is the breakfast there comparable to the regular breakafast served? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:02 am
Patron

Sorry, SmouthMoose, I did not realise that you are talking about the Jing Guang, as there is no MR earning potential!

LisaHYou get breakfast (not comparable with a buffet breakfast in a restaurant) & cocktails in the Executive Lounge (if this is a matter: I do not know, if the Executive Lounge is open at weekends).
It was not asked but let me add: Marriott Beijing West & Renaissance Beijing are not as central as Courtyard New World Beijing.

Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed at the Courtyard New World Beijing a couple of times and liked it very much. The facilities are excellent, and the location is right on a subway stop. No problems at all.

Bruce
Old Jul 7, 2003, 10:03 pm

Is it conclusive the you can't earn MR points at the New World Hotel in Beijing?

My client picked the hotel, so I don't have a choice, but was hoping to get something for the 30+ nights I'm staying there...
Old Jul 8, 2003, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did. No problem.

Bruce
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:38 pm

This is a nice hotel, in a great location. There's a grocery store across the driveway, and the subway stop is one block away. There's a 3-4 level shopping mall below the hotel. It's the nicest Courtyard I've ever seen. I rented a car & driver for the day to see the Great Wall from the travel agency in the lobby -- excellent. I walked to Tienanmen Square from the hotel, but it took about 30 minutes I believe.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 6:50 pm

I was actually pretty disappointed with this hotel, As a platinum, I was not offered an upgrade, and I thought that the room amenities were pretty dated - especially the radio built in to the nightstand, and the alarm clock! (cheap plastic analog model) Didn't notice much different than the standard Courtyard.

I guess I was too spoiled with my previous stay at the Renaissance Tianjin ... quite a pleasant surprise! Upgraded to a suite on the 40th floor, excellent service from the concierge staff, and a great location in downtown Tianjin ...
Old Dec 11, 2003, 8:51 am
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Beijing -- Renaissance

Has anyone had any experince with the Beijing Renaissance Hotel? I normally stay at the St. Regis but may give the Renaissance a try. How is location? Qaulity of hotel?
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:50 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
I'll be staying at the Renaissance in February... Would be interested to hear some comments as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.