Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

transfer Marriott Rewards points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium

Can this be done? Is there a cost involved? Please let me know...

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
You can transfer between spouses for sure (others not so sure) at the same time as you redeem them and in any amount up to the point cost of said redemption.
No charge.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
You can transfer between spouses for sure (others not so sure) at the same time as you redeem them and in any amount up to the point cost of said redemption.
You can combine points from a "stranger" with points from your account specifically to redeem an award.

I did it last year--have not heard about this benefit disappearing....
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yes it can be done and no, there is no charge. Marriott's T&Cs state points can only be transferred between spouses, but in practice they will allow any two individuals to transfer points. I do believe Marriott Concierge has stated that as well.

Give Marriott Rewards Guest Services a call and they will be able to walk you through what you will need to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.