Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Newark Airport questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Newark Airport questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Stayed there this past weekend. ......
- No weekend lounge. No weekend breakfast options. OK, I guess this is becoming somewhat of a brand standard, but it's still absurd so it's still a "con". I was departing at 4:30AM the 2nd morning so I didn't care too much, but it's still a big hole in the Marriott offering.
Thanks for your report. Good to know about free self park

Finally, they ensured that there would be no possible way to oversleep my 4:15AM wakeup call by sounding the fire alarm at 4:10AM.
Don't you feel important?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Pinn....glad it worked out for you.

Funny, when I was there taking a look around, there WAS someone at the gate....

Perhaps I shall check it out......

thanks for the report..
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
- No charge for self-parking. I'm not sure if they ever charge for self-parking, they have plenty of room for cars. They have a gate so they could charge in theory, but I never saw anybody manning it. Worst case: you could probably street park nearby if they wouldn't let you in without paying.
I haven't stayed there since December last year, but they definitely did used to charge for parking there. I'm not really sure where you would street park as there are no sidewalks leading to the hotel (unless you wanted to try and hop the fence in the back).
Old Oct 12, 2009, 7:43 pm

2 weeks ago, I was told $14 for "overnight" parking. The clerk really emphasized the word overnight and asked me twice. The gate was manned! It was a Monday night though!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Maybe I got lucky...it was a Saturday night, so I'm sure the place was not full. Wasn't totally empty though: lots of people standing around in the parking lot after I got my wake-up call.

I didn't explore the street-parking idea extensively: I just brought it up because the hotel is adjacent to a residential area where people park on the street. It appeared to be a safe place to park a typical rental car.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I just checked in at Renaissance EWR airport.
Parking is $14 a day. Check in lady told me that this is discounted rate from previous $20.
Both FD employees were very friendly and polite.
My room is on the 9th floor. Looks clean but I can see some tear and wear here and there. Overall its not bad, at least bathroom is very clean.
I went to the lounge on the 10th floor to see how it is. I would say its almost identical to the lounge at LHR Renaissance or JW Marriott in Warsaw.
I don't have smallest thing to complain about. Overall happy.

Old Feb 2, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
I am heading out of EWR on an early flight on Valentine's Day (6am), so will be staying by the airport Sat. Night -> Sun. AM. Originally had a reservation with Marriott for $95/nt, but can get the Renaissance for $113 which includes 8 days of parking (which is $144 for long-term). I would need an extra 2 days of parking @ $20/day. For $172/all I get 1 nt + 10 days parking is this a good deal? Should I stick with the Marriott for ease in the early morning? What about car safety? I am travelling with my wife and two kids...

Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 2, 2010, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcv2002
I am heading out of EWR on an early flight on Valentine's Day (6am), so will be staying by the airport Sat. Night -> Sun. AM. Originally had a reservation with Marriott for $95/nt, but can get the Renaissance for $113 which includes 8 days of parking (which is $144 for long-term). I would need an extra 2 days of parking @ $20/day. For $172/all I get 1 nt + 10 days parking is this a good deal? Should I stick with the Marriott for ease in the early morning? What about car safety? I am travelling with my wife and two kids...

Thanks in advance...
EZ-Way which located by the Crowne Plaza right across the 1-9 from The Renaissance charges $8 + tx or $9.20 per day with the coupon from www.longtermparking.com
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Should I stick with the Marriott for ease in the early morning?
The Renaissance has a shuttle that runs on the 1/2 hour (if I remember correctly). It drops you off at Parking Lot D which means you then have to take the AirTrain to your terminal. You'll have to do the same on the trip home. Might be a pain what with having your family but it's certainly not difficult. I'd allot half-an-hour, max, each way from the hotel to the time you get off the AirTrain.

ETA: just saw that you have a 6am flight. The shuttle runs hourly at that time of the morning. If I do my math correctly, that means you're taking a 4am shuttle.

What about car safety?
The lot at the Ren is fenced in. Definitely safe, but I always tried to park up front anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
The Renaissance shuttle picks up from parking lot 4, but drops off at your terminal (at least they did for me). I believe that it runs every 20 minutes most of the day, but every 30 minutes off hours.

I actually like the club level rooms (pretty large and comfortable chair), as well as the lounge. I can't hear any planes. It's probably just an average Renaissance, but that's still pretty good.

They also have a special prize for Platinum members written on a card that you pull from a jar. I got an extra 500 pts (on top of the welcome amenity). I have no idea what the other prizes are...maybe a goat or free shampoo.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by BigE
I have no idea what the other prizes are...maybe a goat or free shampoo.
It is goat shampoo
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by BigE
The Renaissance shuttle picks up from parking lot 4, but drops off at your terminal (at least they did for me).
Been there many times and the shuttle always drops me off at the terminal I want.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:42 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by bitburgr
The Renaissance has a shuttle that runs on the 1/2 hour (if I remember correctly). It drops you off at Parking Lot D which means you then have to take the AirTrain to your terminal. You'll have to do the same on the trip home. Might be a pain what with having your family but it's certainly not difficult. I'd allot half-an-hour, max, each way from the hotel to the time you get off the AirTrain.

ETA: just saw that you have a 6am flight. The shuttle runs hourly at that time of the morning. If I do my math correctly, that means you're taking a 4am shuttle.

The lot at the Ren is fenced in. Definitely safe, but I always tried to park up front anyway.
Hoping to hear a few more people chime in about safety, with this hotel being in a "rough" neighborhood. Thinking about using it for just a few days of parking. TIA.

LAX
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by LAX
Hoping to hear a few more people chime in about safety, with this hotel being in a "rough" neighborhood. Thinking about using it for just a few days of parking. TIA.

LAX
The hotel is not in a "rough" neighborhood. Parking is fine. I park at the Hilton down the street all the time.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:13 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by njcommodore
The hotel is not in a "rough" neighborhood. Parking is fine. I park at the Hilton down the street all the time.
I apologize if I offended anyone living in Newark, NJ. Thanks for the reassurance.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.