Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Seoul Times Square, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Seoul Times Square, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:02 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by wethereyet
I hate the CY in Seoul. Pray you don't get a room on the same side as the Fire Department.

Numerous times I've been there, the hotel has some conference or meeting booked. In one case the club lounge was closed and you had to use the restaurant. Another they dismantled the gym and threw it in the corner of a tiny room. Treadmills and excerices bikes were just tossed on the room and basically unusable.

Several of their treadmills have belts that slip. It's good equipment but not well maintained.

The rooms are nice and the upgrades depend on your nationality. If your last name is Kim, Park, or Lee, you're in for sure. I checked in with a group of locals, none of whom had any status and they got the larger rooms. I checked in at same time as a plat and got smaller room that was facing Fire Department. Read between the lines....
May you never have to stay in a CY in the US, as along with HKG, this is the best property in the chain and a match for many FS properties
Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Originally Posted by soy
May you never have to stay in a CY in the US, as along with HKG, this is the best property in the chain and a match for many FS properties
+1

I make it a point not to stay at a US Courtyard. If I don't go FS I go for FFI or SHS. When using points (especially point-savers) I go for RI and TPS too.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just checked in to the Courtyard Seoul today. Not too bad. Got an upgrade to a suite due to Plat status. Room is a bit nicer than the Sheraton D-Cube city from last night but not as functional for TV/HDMI inputs or power outlets. Sheraton had some nice universal outlets while the CY only has the 'local' power outlets and no special inputs for the TV. At least i was able to plug my Roku directly to the HDMI in on the back of the TV and I'm all set.

Did notice noise a bit from the fire station as I'm only on level 7, but hopefully won't be too bad overnight. Will post tomorrow if its a problem.

Right now enjoying the Executive Lounge and food offerings. Seem pretty comparable to the JW Beijing though the lounge is noticeable smaller.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Staying At the Courtyard overnight next week with an early morning departure. Can anybody recommend a good dinner (local) nearby? Looking for taste and authenticity - not worried about fancy or not. Will be dining alone if that makes a difference.

Also, I go out of GMP - I'm assuming the subway (line 5 from Yongdeungpo Market) is the best way to get there at 6am?

thanks in advance!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:36 pm

2 Quick questions.
1. Does the Bus 6008 leaves directly in front of the Courtyard to ICN or we have to walk some distance to board? (Will be carrying few pieces of luggage)
2. What would be the best way coming to the hotel from Gimpo ? Is subway doable or taxi?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
ICN 6008 bus

1, The bus stop is not in front of the hotel but to the right and just around the corner. the walk is less than a 1/4 mile along the side of the building and mall. It is between a couple of food street vendors in front of the bank entrance.

2. The same bus stops at Gimpo on the way to the hotel from ICN.

The bus runs every 20 minutes.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
A great 2 night stay

I stayed there Sun - Tues this past week. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport bus stop as mentioned, also close to the metro station which was convenient for me.

As a Gold member, I was upgraded to a suite and received complimentary food and beverage amenity upon check-in. Also received lounge access with option to take breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast spread in the lounge was ok - definitely go to the restaurant as there are more options. Lounge had a cocktail hour as well, but it did not align with my schedule so can't make comment.

There is some noise from the fire department but not enough to be too bothersome. Would definitely stay again - has to be one of the best CY in the portfolio!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:07 pm

For those who said this was the JW of Courtyards: have you ever been to the Courtyard in Taipei, Nangang? Like that you mean?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
For those who said this was the JW of Courtyards: have you ever been to the Courtyard in Taipei, Nangang? Like that you mean?
Yes. Turns out many of the CY's in Asia function more like the full-service properties than the standard CY's in the US.

The Times Square property happened to be the first FS CY I've stayed at.

Last edited by ntamayo; Jun 15, 2017 at 12:24 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Stayed here in April. Great place, terrific location and super nice staff. Excellent value in comparison to the other options I looked at.

Didn't get offered breakfast in the main restaurant but happy hours were from 5.30-9.30.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Courtyard Seoul Times Square

I'm looking at spending four or five nights at this property the week of Thanksgiving, I'd be traveling with my daughter who's a young adult.

I'm MR Gold, is breakfast included?

I realize that it's not a benefit we get in the USA properties, but it was extended to me at Courtyards in Hong Kong (in every stay, several times over the last few years).

Any other feedback on the property would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:02 pm

There is a lot of feedback available on the lengthy, existing thread for this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ott-seoul.html
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I finished a 3 night stay at Times Square, opting for it due to much lower than normal pricing vs. Namdaemun.

Didn't score an upgrade since I checked in around 12:30 am (due to flight delay), front desk said there was one suite open but it was smoking. Definitely passed on that.

Rooms were decent enough although it does look a bit outdated. I had a room facing the Fire Station and had no issues with noise.

Breakfast at the momo cafe was on par with what I expect from CYs in Asia, although the food area is very crowded. Add that in with a weekend crowd and sometimes its hard to navigate. There was a line during one of the weekend days just to eat breakfast at momo cafe.

Happy Hour at the Executive Lounge is quite possibly one of the better serviced happy hours I've seen. Food is adequate and the alcohol selection is decent.

I would only complain about location. The Yeungdopo station is nearby but it's still at least a good 20 minutes from Seoul proper by subway. And if you aren't paying attention, it can be tedious going in and out of the station.
If location is high on your list, I would say avoid this location. But definitely can't beat the price for this CY.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Second Stay at CY Seoul Times Square

No complaints about my second stay at CY Seoul Times Square.

This time, I did notice the noise from the fire station. Last time, there were absolutely no sirens coming at midnight but this stay, twice at least. Luckily I am a late sound sleeper.
Also, only suite available was Room 813 on a smoking floor. The suite itself doesn't smell of smoke and there is a window that can prop open (the hallways, especially at night, reek of smoke).
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Considering this property for a one night stay. I am thinking of having a layover in Seoul while travelling from China to Tokyo. I'd fly in early evening into Seoul and try to fly out to Tokyo at some point in the morning. Is this property easily accessible to/from ICN? How long does it take to get to/from the airport? Is it in a good nightlife area? Thinking of doing a points stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.