Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marble Arch London [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marble Arch London [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by hhoope01
The food offerings in lounges also tend to differ depending where in the world you are staying. Asia hotels tend to have the most extensive food offerings, where NA hotels tend to have a more "standard" approach.

But as megtravels mentions, most NA lounges will tend to have mostly "cold" or as Marriot calls it a "Heathly Start" breakfast offering with possiblty one hot item (if your lucky).
In terms of getting "lucky" with regards to the breakfast offerings in the CL for hotels in the USA, it helps to visit hotels in states bordering the Pacific Ocean.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
have not been to the marble arch, but my guess is that they will have breakfast pastries, cereal, coffee, tea, juices, perhpas some cold breakfast meats, and quite likely, some eggs/bacon/sausage in warming trays. I'd be surpirsed if any person of ordinary sensibilities would find it so insufficient that they would pay for the restaurant's beakfast.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Many lounges in Asia serve a full breakfast with a much wider selection than NA properties, so it depends a lot on where you travel.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
marble arch

Try the london threads.. Lots of good stuff there on properties and lounges..
Old Sep 22, 2009, 1:31 pm

Thanks!!!
Old Sep 22, 2009, 1:35 pm

Help with Marriott Marble Arch

Can anyone tell me what type of breakfast foods they serve in the Executive Lounge at the Marble Arch and what they might serve in the afternoon. We have never eaten at the EL before, this will be our first time. Thanks so much!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:31 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you are going to have to either call the hotel. It might be a good idea to ask a moderator to move this to the Marriott forum, someone there is more likely to know as well.
I'll suggest that to the mods.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:37 am

I agree with RichardinSF - a question this specific about a specific hotel property is going to get a better response in that hotel chain's forum, I believe. Please continue to follow it there!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Mods please note fishingfrye already asked the same question in the Marriott forum a few days ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ve-lounge.html
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:53 am

To be fair to the OP, I think he may have interpreted "try the London threads" as "try the London forum" rather than "try the London specific threads on the Marriott forum"!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:26 pm

Marriott Marble Arch London

Has anyone stayed at the Marble Arch since the "room renovations"? Reading on the Marriott website, it states "recent room renovations". We are staying there next spring and was just curious. Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
There's a long thread somewhere about all of the hotels in London, including the MA. That being said, it's one of my least favorite hotels in the world.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:13 am

wxguy,
Why is it your least favorite? We are looking for something that is not as expensive as the other cat 7's because we will have to pay. We got a AAA rate of 160 lb a night. Is this a fare rate? Is it just location or is the hotel really that bad......
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Have not stayed there since the "renovations", the hotel is a long three blocks from the tube station. If you don't mind feeling like you are in the Middle East instead of London, then you should be OK. The hotel itself is an average property the rooms in the Concierge Level (top floor) a nicer than the rest. The Lounge is above average, if you have access. I would definitely pay the difference if you don't. What you save in meals is worth the difference. The Grosvenor Square and the Park Lane are near by and much nicer but more expensive. The Country Hall Has by far the best location for turisty things. Any place you choose, will be fine - you won't "get stuck" in a bad place.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:17 am

Danola,
Thanks for the advice. We do have access to the Executive Lounge because we are Plat. members, but are paying for some of the nights because we will need 2 rooms. I have read about the locations being near the Middle East area and that doesn't bother us. We just want a clean room and three blocks is not that far to us for walking.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.