Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
White Nights in St Petersburg

Originally Posted by sbrower
I rent cars just about everywhere I go, which was good since we went far out of town to see the Palace(?). But I dont' remember anything with a draw bridge.
There are a number of them in St Petersburg and the timetable is on the Guest Transfer desk at the Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky hotel. If you stay there it makes sense to copy the times before you venture to town.

We stayed there for the White Nights in June 2013 and it was nearly perfect. I am MR Gold Elite this year, so we got a standard room on the 6th floor with a river view and we could admire the endless play of sunlight - it actually never got dark. But don't worry, the light won't disturb your sleep as the curtains can block it completely.

After we checked in and went up into the room, we found a bottle of red Brave Stallion wine and a package of Hershey Kisses. These, as well as daily supply of water, room slippers (after two nights, we were given two new pairs) and free in-room wi-fi were our Gold Elite perks for the duration of our stay.

The aircon was nearly silent and very efficient but we really missed an open window; both windows in the room were sealed tight. The bathroom was spacious and there was a bath tub.

Transportation options were sufficient - we quickly found out that there were several 'marshrutkas' (shared taxis, minibuses, or, for those of you who have travelled to Turkey, 'dolmuś') running past the hotel and further down the island. To get from the island, hail K-10 marshrutka outside the hotel (fare is 35 RUB, driver gives change, Vasileostrovskaya Metro is the terminal station) or simply walk to Vasileostrovskaya Metro Station. A new metro station is being built round the corner from the hotel but it'll take a year or longer before it's opened.

Your room key will help you to avoid queuing at the Hermitage Museum, a nice treat in peak season. Ask the FDC how to find Ticket Office 6 at the museum.

We could not afford the $40 breakfasts at the Courtyard and went to a doughnut place in 40 Third Line (a number of streets on the island are called 'lines').

Having stayed on Cat. 1-4 certificates, we thought it was good value, even though it was a Courtyard. It was actually the best CY we have visited so far. Summer solstice made it majestic.

Last edited by georgebaz; Jun 30, 2013 at 12:53 am Reason: Metro station details added
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the great trip report!

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:20 am

Anyone got an update. I am headed to St Petersburg on a cruise with an overnight and just discovered my Visa has an issue. Once I get OFF the ship once I can't get off again (They changed the rules! My Visa covers two days, but only one entry. They used to say that it was "one entry" when the ship docked now it's "per passenger exit") So I am thinking of using my Visa Reward Cert to spend the night here instead of paying another $300 to get an updated visa and just stay off the ship overnight.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Anyone got an update. I am headed to St Petersburg on a cruise with an overnight and just discovered my Visa has an issue. Once I get OFF the ship once I can't get off again (They changed the rules! My Visa covers two days, but only one entry. They used to say that it was "one entry" when the ship docked now it's "per passenger exit") So I am thinking of using my Visa Reward Cert to spend the night here instead of paying another $300 to get an updated visa and just stay off the ship overnight.
Given your parameters, unless the place is a dump or far away, sounds like your best option (presuming they have availability).

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:50 pm

Thanks. I actually found a affordable hotel closer in and decided just to pay. (One benefit of the devaluation of the ruble)
Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Seems to be gone? Can't find this hotel on Marriott.com.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Viks
Seems to be gone? Can't find this hotel on Marriott.com.
Google shows it's now unbranded, as the River Palace Hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.