Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott-Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by OMCA
Have any plats stayed here recently? Are they still offering free restaurant buffet breakfast and drink/tapas vouchers for weeken guests the lounge I closed? Txs
I was there about one month ago for the weekend, and I received vouchers for the restaurant downstairs....I was really impressed with that Hotel, from the service to the rooms, it was all good. They upgraded me to a deluxe corner suite without asking. It was nice and contemporary, but the pillars in the corner was a little blizzard...but I still liked it. Enjoy!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Question about the lounge being closed on weekends. From the hotel's website. So is it closed or what?

Westin Executive Club Lounge

Hours: Hours of operation
Sunday07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Monday07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Tuesday07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Wednesday07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Thursday07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Friday07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Saturday07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...nId=1005451144

Originally Posted by mf66
I was there about one month ago for the weekend, and I received vouchers for the restaurant downstairs....I was really impressed with that Hotel, from the service to the rooms, it was all good. They upgraded me to a deluxe corner suite without asking. It was nice and contemporary, but the pillars in the corner was a little blizzard...but I still liked it. Enjoy!
Have any plats stayed here recently? Are they still offering free restaurant buffet breakfast and drink/tapas vouchers for weeken guests the lounge I closed? Txs
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Question about the lounge being closed on weekends. From the hotel's website. So is it closed or what?

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...nId=1005451144
The lounge is unattended on weekends and there is no breakfast served there or any other real food. You can only get some light snacks (soft drinks, juice, granola bars and fruit).
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, CX DM, A3 Gold
i stayed in late dec, and specifically asked when i checked in about Plat benefits. no mention of free water. there were two 500 ml bottles of water in the room with price tags on them, but when i called the service hotline to ask whether these are free, the operator seemed to have no clue.

helped myself to the free drinks in the lounge instead...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
My Lousy Memory

I stayed here a few months ago, but have forgotten whether the rooms are WiFi or just wired. Can anyone remind me please? Thinking about only bringing my tablet, but in case there is no wifi in room...
Thanks in advance.
chop
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, CX DM, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by choptliva
I stayed here a few months ago, but have forgotten whether the rooms are WiFi or just wired. Can anyone remind me please? Thinking about only bringing my tablet, but in case there is no wifi in room...
Thanks in advance.
chop
there's wifi in the rooms
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by ginkoka
Thanks much
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ginkoka
But it's pathetic. I'm here now and given up and am just tethering on my phone.

Not impressed with this property.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
This property has suddenly become a cat 5?

William, when and how did this happen?
Old May 14, 2012, 9:25 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
This property has suddenly become a cat 5?

William, when and how did this happen?
Our categories are evaluated annually as a regular part of the overall evaluation for the SPG Program. Each year some hotels move to a higher categories and some move to lower ones.

Perhaps this thread will help?

Best Regards,

Zachary Austin
Technical Lead, Social Media
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old May 14, 2012, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker IV
Our categories are evaluated annually as a regular part of the overall evaluation for the SPG Program. Each year some hotels move to a higher categories and some move to lower ones.

Perhaps this thread will help?

Best Regards,

Zachary Austin
Technical Lead, Social Media
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Thanks but this property was not part of the March change, must have been very recent as I booked it a few weeks ago as a car 4
Old May 14, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Well if you are surprised the Westin is now a category 5, don't look at the Sheraton Centre Montreal nearby. You'll be unpleasantly surprised.
Old May 14, 2012, 2:49 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Well if you are surprised the Westin is now a category 5, don't look at the Sheraton Centre Montreal nearby. You'll be unpleasantly surprised.
I knew the Sheraton and W were moved to 5 but Westin stayed at 4 which was nice

Moving so many properties from 4-5 makes spg less competitive with redemption options. I.e. Nights & flights stop at cat 4, the spg amex in Canada gives a free night up to cat 4...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Smile Impressive but not perfect

Labor Day Weekend stay.

Loved the staff and location of this property. I'd read some complaints (more TripAdvisor/Yelp than here) about check in time but we arrived around 1p on a Friday and all was smooth. We were able to get into our room and quickly headed out to explore the city on foot. We also could have taken the metro due to proximity of the Place d'Armes station on the orange line. We ate breakfast daily at the Gazette and the buffet is very high quality. Worth taking advantage of if it's in your room rate, which it was for us. NOTE: There was signage in French only about Gazette closing for some time - but I don't recall the dates. Hot food and usually American channels on TV, better selection than what is available in the rooms. The rooms are of typical Westin quality and everything was up to expectations. I love the current shampoo and conditioner selection.

We were upgraded to the Westin Workout Floor and while I didn't get to take advantage of the gym or the pool, both looked great. Love the idea of the glass bottomed pool. The operator responded promptly to minor issues in the room. I received some benefits as Gold, but also love the specials on the hotel's own site. The Sweet Deal package is a very good one and the benefits are ones that can be used on along weekend without going to waste. Had lounge access but as it wasn't well stocked in the weekend and we had breakfast at Gazette, I only popped in once for a soda. They provided two in room waters as there were two of us. Charged $1 for them - probably could have argued it, but it was $1, the water was good and it got me points.

There is some confusion among the concierge staff about some of the hotel's offers but overall great service throughout and issues related to Montreal Museum Pass resolved promptly. I'm pinning the hiccups on a new-ish promotion and/or new staff. For a major chain in a cosmopolitan city, surprised at non English speaking staff/French-only signage. Yes, I realize Montreal is a french-speaking city, but not what I'd have expected in the means of communicating with international guests. With its location across from the Palais de Congress and right in the old city, it works for business or leisure travelers.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
I'm staying here over the weekend and thought I'd give some updates as I don't see any as of late regarding the Gazette Restaurant and Platinum Breakfast.

They had a major flooding incident (burst pipe I believe?) in the Gazette Restaurant and managed to do some quick repairs to pass health and safety regulations, but now they are going full steam with the remainder of repairs.

Since the flooding the breakfast buffet has been moved to the mezzanine level. If you take the escalator from the main lobby up the entrance to the bar area is right there. Inside the open area is the breakfast buffet and yes the made-to-order omelette chef is there. Food items remain the same as in the Gazette otherwise.

Room service menus have been pared down since they began repairs.
The Gazette Restaurant started a pared down menu exactly to that of Room Service as of yesterday. We managed to be one of the last patrons to select off the full menu last night.

Hope that helps...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.