Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:15 pm

Lounge

Lounge is located on top floor 19.

At door you are greeted with nice information, BUT under words 'alcoholic beverages' they understand only red and white wine and beer, no standard lounge happy hours.
If you want anything else they will bring you from rooms service and charge you as room service.

Buffet after 5pm

Buffet at 1pm:

Dear guest our standard (w/o logo) bottle opener is so expensive, that we must stop the bottle opener theft ....

Next time if I will be there, I will not choose breakfast at main restaurant but lounge breakfast.

Last edited by HHQX888; Feb 16, 2019 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:36 pm

Main restaurant - breakfast

I want to see what Westin brand name can offer in Hamburg at breakfast. And it was disappointment it was good quality products but small choice - forget it and take breakfast at lounge.
This same choice (not quality) I had in Four Points Milan and Cancun .... Westin come on.

Entrance:

Buffet:

Egg and pancake station :
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:06 pm

Gym and Spa

Gym is part of spa and thay use Life Fitness units :

Spa : two 70 or 90 degrees sauna, two steam sauna, two rest rooms, small balcony, swimming pool, changing rooms.

cln and lightwalker like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report w/ pics. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:48 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium

Service Times in the Lounge

Unfortunately only in German

Last edited by cbellero; Aug 14, 2019 at 2:54 am
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Staying here this evening, the lounge pics are spot on! Very nice hotel, and I got the upgrade to the Maisonette Suite. They offered me tickets to the concert tonight at check-in, which was a nice offer but I declined. The fitness center is much smaller than the previous pics suggest, but I will absolutely go out of my way to stay here again next time.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent experiences in this property? looking to stay for NYE, anyone done NYE /Xmas time in Hamburg? recommend it? How does it compare to the PH?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
My sister had a stay reserved at this property, picking one of their packages. It wasn't a cheap rate - almost 200 EUR per night.

The hotel sent the following saying that there was a display error on the website and that the one category upgrade and 50 EUR hotel credit wouldn't be granted.

Result: Three night booking cancelled and the hotel lost 600 EUR revenue over an upgrade and 50 EUR for overpriced hotel services (2 drinks at the bar). Pathetic!
Aus unseren Unterlagen geht hervor, dass Sie kürzlich eine oder mehrere Reservierungen im The Westin Hamburg vorgenommen haben.

Leider haben wir festgestellt, dass ein technischer Fehler dazu geführt haben könnte, dass Ihre Reservierung(en) mit den falschen Preisangaben bestätigt wurde(n).

Möglicherweise wurde Ihnen bei Abschluss der Buchung angezeigt, dass das Sonderangebot ein kostenloses Upgrade auf die nächste Zimmerkategorie und ein Hotelguthaben von 50 € beinhaltet.

Das von Ihnen gebuchte Welcome-Back-Angebot bietet einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere Standardpreise sowie ein kostenfreies Frühstück.

Die irrtümlicherweise dargestellten Services ein Upgrade und ein Hotelguthaben betreffend, können wir bedauerlicherweise nicht berücksichtigen

und möchten mit diesem Schreiben sicherstellen, dass Sie vollumfänglich und richtig über Ihre Buchung informiert sind.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
My sister had a stay reserved at this property, picking one of their packages. It wasn't a cheap rate - almost 200 EUR per night.

The hotel sent the following saying that there was a display error on the website and that the one category upgrade and 50 EUR hotel credit wouldn't be granted.

Result: Three night booking cancelled and the hotel lost 600 EUR revenue over an upgrade and 50 EUR for overpriced hotel services (2 drinks at the bar). Pathetic!
wow, truly pathetic behavior I would have cancelled as well! Wanted to give them a try next time I go to Hamburg but now I'll probably stick with the Marriott.
lpolchlop likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
wow, truly pathetic behavior I would have cancelled as well! Wanted to give them a try next time I go to Hamburg but now I'll probably stick with the Marriott.
Welcome to Germany. Refusing to give something just for the principle of doing it because I can. Even if it costs me the bottom line. Park Hyatt it is now.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
So the slightly better room goes empty for want of €50. I don’t believe for one moment Hamburg hotels are in anything near normal demand right now. That truly was pathetic!
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
So the slightly better room goes empty for want of €50. I don’t believe for one moment Hamburg hotels are in anything near normal demand right now. That truly was pathetic!
Occupancy in HAM is in the toilet based on what I heard at the Hyatt.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Getting off the train and seeing this - I almost cried - I've been wanting to visit this property since it opened and my brother and I would follow Starwood news and happenings on FlyerTalk... it's far more amazing in person.

dgreen12, yyzflyer, dcmike and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Looking forward to your review. We had to drop Hamburg from our April itinerary due to a flight problem and was anticipating staying here.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Looking forward to your review. We had to drop Hamburg from our April itinerary due to a flight problem and was anticipating staying here.
While I don't like your flight schedule problems, I do like your excitement - you just must get here someday. Review and way too many photos coming this way soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.