Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Tel Aviv, Israel (formerly 'and Towers') [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Tel Aviv, Israel (formerly 'and Towers') [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Arrow Sheraton Grand Tel Aviv, Israel (formerly 'and Towers') [Master Thread]

I have a forthcoming stay for 10 days at the Tel Aviv Sheraton Hotel and Towers.

I was able to book a free room at 10K points per night (each 5th night free). However, I am told this property does not offer a higher category room for points. I will be there mid March which appears to be low season and plenty of availability.

Any recent upgrade success for Golds (I searched but found only 2006 and earlier postings).

I want a room in a higher floor and if possible the Towers. Is this something that can be purchased on top of the award room with either points or cash?

Any tips will be appreciated

Thanks

/mod

Some earlier discussion of the hotel can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

/mod

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Dec 30, 2009 at 11:17 pm
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:04 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was when we were there in Nov 2005. They refused us lounge access but upgraded us to exec floor for 1500 extra points per night at front desk.
Old May 18, 2008, 8:03 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I stayed at the Towers on points twice, and was upgraded to a very nice junior suite both times. When I paid for my rooms I was usually upgraded to a larger suite, but the junior was more than enough for me.

The Towers lounge (on the 18th floor if memory serves) is much nicer than the club lounge (on the 9th or 10th floor).
Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:58 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Has anyone been to the Towers lately? The hotel website states that the Towers are undergoing renovations...Is the replacement lounge on the 7th floor half decent?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:13 pm

I just returned from a 1 night stay at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers. I was very impressed! They upgraded me to a recently renovated executive suite on the 10th floor complete with two large flat screen TV's, an extremely modern bathroom featuring Bulgari amenities and a beautiful ocean view. Even more impressive was the 7th floor club lounge which was open from 7 AM to 11 PM and served a full breakfast, light dinner and snacks and drinks all day. From lunch time onward, there was a full bar (no extra charge). Best of all was the very un-Israeli like attitude of the staff. They were attentive, accomodating and even looked happy to be on the job. The Sheraton Moriah pales in comparison to this hotel and I will happily return ASAP.
Old May 24, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GOLD - SPG Platinum - Hilton Gold - Delta Silver
Sheraton Tel Aviv Lounge

Is The Sheraton Tel Aviv Lounge open to SPG Gold members? Has anyone been upgraded with just gold?
Old May 24, 2009, 3:00 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mazel1000
Is The Sheraton Tel Aviv Lounge open to SPG Gold members? Has anyone been upgraded with just gold?
In the past I was upgraded as a gold to a club level room and had access to the lounge (on the 7th floor). Without an upgrade to club level (or a room in the "tower") you will not have access to the lounge as a gold member.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 3:08 am

I know that this is totally random, but does anyone know if the Sheraton Tel Aviv carries the Fox Sports channel? I will be in TLV next week and I want to make sure that I'll be able to catch the World Series. I tried calling the hotel but reception keeps giving me the classic Israeli, "We have all of the channels" answer.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:24 am

Sounds to me like we're also talking about Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel & Towers.

Had a very nice stay there last week. Nice suite upgrade, very good morning and evening complimentary offerings in the lounge on the 18th Floor - including a great variety of tasty liquor. Seventh Floor SPG lounge wasn't bad either. A tad small but not really that crowded, except at peak times.

Very good service, even though we had a few issues, mostly resolved to my satisfaction.

I do believe Fox sports is offered - although I don't really watch sports. There are definately 5 or 6 international sports channels.

Cheers,
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Just had a very nice five night SPG point stay at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotels & Towers. Upgraded to the Towers Floor. The lounge is very nice with terrific staff. It is clean and modern with a good selection of English language newspapers - IHT, WSJ and USA Today - and an excellent breakfast, including scrambled eggs, quiche, smoked salmon, smoked fish, marinated herring, numerous cheeses and dips, lots of fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. The evening offerings included sauteed salmon and fish, vegetables, different small appetizers and deserts - definitely enough for a meal.

The rooms were renovated and light, and the views are terrific. All around the staff was very good and for the most part very helpful. I will definitely be coming back ^^^
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Just had a very nice five night SPG point stay at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotels & Towers. Upgraded to the Towers Floor. The lounge is very nice with terrific staff. It is clean and modern with a good selection of English language newspapers - IHT, WSJ and USA Today - and an excellent breakfast, including scrambled eggs, quiche, smoked salmon, smoked fish, marinated herring, numerous cheeses and dips, lots of fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. The evening offerings included sauteed salmon and fish, vegetables, different small appetizers and deserts - definitely enough for a meal.

The rooms were renovated and light, and the views are terrific. All around the staff was very good and for the most part very helpful. I will definitely be coming back ^^^
+1

I've been extremely impressed with this property during my past couple of stays there. Lounge is fantastic and the service is very good by Israeli standards. I'd even go as far as saying that the Sheraton has surpassed the Hilton and Intercontinental, both of which are in dire need of refurbishment
Old Dec 31, 2009, 4:39 am

Excellent property, good upgrades and great lounge.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by whitedoor
I fully agree. I even wrote nice letter to corporate about this hotel.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by whitedoor
And another +1. As a HH Diamond and SPG Plat, my treatment at the Sheraton was much better. Really good upgrade, lounge very pleasant, service excellent. The hotel seems to be managed very well. Hilton can be a bit chaotic - and I got no upgrade there at all.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I have just completed a 4-night stay at this hotel and it was one of the best stays I have ever had at a Sheraton.

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a junior suite (x22) that had fantastic views of the Mediterranean (paid the lowest rate available). It was very spacious and modern- free bottled water and a chocolate bar were given every day and there was some fruit in the room when I arrived.

As Platinum, I was given access to the Towers Lounge on the 18 floor- decent breakfast, snacks all day, a light dinner each night with drinks and then wine & cheese till 11pm. Very nice.

But most of all, the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. They were very helpful, especially the staff at the Towers check in. They helped organzie a tour to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea (which were excellent) and even managed to locate and sell me a bottle of Israeli liquer so I did not have to hunt down a liquor store (charged me a normal store price).

The location is great- right across from the beach and a nice walking/runnning area in front of the beach. There is enough to do within a 10-20 minute walk to keep you busy.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Plumber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.