Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Tel Aviv, Israel (formerly 'and Towers') [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Tel Aviv, Israel (formerly 'and Towers') [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Any update on the refurb?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Just completed a stay here with 2 rooms and am extremely disappointed with everything about the hotel except the club lounge (the only place you can get a smile from staff) and the location (which is the same or inferior to every other beach hotel).

Warning: the standard suite they upgrade Plats into (and which I used all my 2018 SNAs on) is total garbage. You practically cannot even see the beach, and face a noisy back street, with old furniture and a bathroom that is comparable to an aircraft economy bathroom. It is a downgrade from even a standard room,
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:58 am

I have a points reservation for later in the year: the booking shows “ deluxe, seafront, queen, balcony”; I’m considering using SNAs to upgrade but the choices are limited to: premium seafront balcony or premium seafront balcony with parquet floor or new deluxe seafront balcony. No mention/choice of suites.
So: as a LT Tit, would I likely get an upgrade to one of those better sounding room categories without using SNAs; are there no actual suites to be had ( perhaps other than the rather grim sounding one in the previous comment)?
It’s possible that my SNAs might expire if I don’t use them here.
Any advice/suggestions? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by paolo64
I have a points reservation for later in the year: the booking shows “ deluxe, seafront, queen, balcony”; I’m considering using SNAs to upgrade but the choices are limited to: premium seafront balcony or premium seafront balcony with parquet floor or new deluxe seafront balcony. No mention/choice of suites.
So: as a LT Tit, would I likely get an upgrade to one of those better sounding room categories without using SNAs; are there no actual suites to be had ( perhaps other than the rather grim sounding one in the previous comment)?
It’s possible that my SNAs might expire if I don’t use them here.
Any advice/suggestions? Thanks.
I redeemed 50K points for a 1 night stay this week and was upgraded to a suite on the 10th floor with a king bed and a queen sofa bed in the living area and was given a 4pm check out so we could go to the beach on our final day in Israel. The suite was VERY nicely remodelled with two bathrooms, and a balcony facing north with views of the city and Gordon Beach. All the details like robes, bath products, etc. was up to a very high standard way beyond what I was expecting. I was told at check in that these suites were finished a month or so ago. I didn't look into the hotel before the stay but was very impressed with everything about it. Everyone I encountered was extremely friendly and accomodating. The club lounge does not allow anyone under 18, so I did not use it, but it looked decent. They do have a sign saying you can't take anything out of the lounge. That's probably the only down side about this hotel regarding lounge access. Access to the beach is very quick from the -1 floor. 2 minute walk from the elevator and you are on Gordon Beach. Breakfast buffet was huge. I was offered either free breakfast in the restaurant or 1K points. I took the breakfast. We had additional guests join us, and the charge was only 14 NIS per person as a Plat instead of around 50 NIS regularly which I thought was nice. Valet parking was free for me as I had a rental car. I found parking and driving in Israel difficult compared to the US, so the free valet parking was awesome.
paolo64 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was wondering if valet parking is free for everyone or were you offered it as part of a package? I am trying to avoid a rental car but may have to rent due to palces I want to visit. What made driving difficult?
Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:32 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Parking is free? If that is the case, this is new.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Has anyone experienced or heard of the renovations at the hotel? The hotel's website has a few photos of the new rooms/bathrooms, and they look fantastic - a dramatic improvement on the old mess that was the former design[s]. Definitely the new Sheraton design language at play, but a better version of it; love the slatted wood on the walls.

khabah

KRSW likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I have a 3 night stay scheduled for November. Hopefully will get a nice renovated room.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:42 am

I’m here now and am entirely satisfied with the accommodations: a nicely renovated one bedroom suite ( SNAs applied), 1.5 baths in the style pictured above; living room with balcony has marina/beach view; the bedroom looks the other direction. Very pleasant.
The lounge offerings are good ( ...I only tried once, but everything is vegetarian, so good for my preference; maybe it’s just for Shabbat, I know nothing about these things).
The only negative: one staff member who seems to be pained by the need to provide service to guests; all others have been good.
I’m glad I chose this hotel.
KRSW likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:26 am
BCH

Has this hotel been re-flagged? It is not appearing on the list of Bonvoy hotels in Israel.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by BCH
Has this hotel been re-flagged? It is not appearing on the list of Bonvoy hotels in Israel.
Just checked the hotel's homepage - still up. Might've been a system glitch.

khabah
BCH likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:36 am
BCH

Originally Posted by khabah
Just checked the hotel's homepage - still up. Might've been a system glitch.

khabah
Weird. You are right. It's back up. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:35 am

Has anyone had any luck getting upgrade to anything above a Junior Suite at this location recently?
Old May 17, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by zagguru
Has anyone had any luck getting upgrade to anything above a Junior Suite at this location recently?
On my last visit in December, even though there were suites open for sale to only thing I got (with SNA) is the Junior Suite.

Be aware that the Junior Suite is the only room category that does not have any sea view whatsoever and it faces the street.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
On my last visit in December, even though there were suites open for sale to only thing I got (with SNA) is the Junior Suite.

Be aware that the Junior Suite is the only room category that does not have any sea view whatsoever and it faces the street.
Did you try requesting a higher suite? What did they say? When i stayed in 2018, the generously gave me a Mediterranean suit. but i heard that they no longer do that anymore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.