FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AZ Travels the World
No current WIKI details.
Print Wikipost

W Doha Qatar [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:56 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This is what I have listed in the exec lounge sticky. Can someone provide an update whether it's accurate or what the lounge/breakfast situation is so that I can update the sticky? Thx.

* Doha / W / OPEN Sun-Thurs (per website); 09/18 update

Cheers.
Not sure what the information is supposed to mean.

There is a club lounge with the following hours:
6am-11am - breakfast
12pm-4pm - lunch buffet
5pm-8pm - dinner buffet
6pm-7pm - happy hour

There is also breakfast in the restaurant. Don't recall the hours.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by helvetic
Not sure what the information is supposed to mean.

There is a club lounge with the following hours:
6am-11am - breakfast
12pm-4pm - lunch buffet
5pm-8pm - dinner buffet
6pm-7pm - happy hour

There is also breakfast in the restaurant. Don't recall the hours.
For the exec lounge sticky I don't need the hours. The last time I had checked the hotel website, it showed the lounge open Sun-Thurs, so I was wondering what the breakfast situation was on the weekends when alledgely it was closed. If you're saying the lounge is open daily, then I'll update the exec lounge to say OPEN (which means all 7 days). Also, to clarify - are you saying there is the option of breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge as a regular thing or is restaurant breakfast the PAG option? Again, any input appreciated & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I was given the option of breakfast at the restaurant. I believe it might have come from a rate inclusion. I received the hours of the lounge, with no mention of it being only open on certain days. I stayed one night on a Wed.

The location is the same as a popular nightclub Crystal, so it's quite possible the lounge is not open on days where it turns into the club at night. I wouldn't know.
Old May 11, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Checked in for a 1 night stay during layover in Doha.

Its Ramadan so the lounge was closed but we were given a 3 course meal in the Italian restaurant in the evening.

Used a SNA and was given the wow suite, room 901 which had 2 bathrooms, living room and separate bedroom.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant until 11am but we slept in. Was given a 4pm checkout and was told that they could go later if I wished.

Overall very pleasant stay and excellent staff.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I too stayed last week and it was such a contrast from recent previous stays, though you still got no recognition at check in and no upgrade, I raised the issue and was upgraded accordingly to the wow suite.

The staff are much more friendlier especially to my 18 month old son, and have kid menus in the restaurant now. The Suites come with Aqua Di Parma toiletries which are my favourite!!

For Ramadan you can chose spice market or la spiga (asian or italian) as the lounge options for lunch and dinner and chose 3 courses from a set menu thing with complementary non-alcoholic drinks.

This is back on my hit list for Doha!
EdV likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:33 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
This is back on my hit list for Doha!
Thanks for the continued updates. I currently have rooms booked at W and Grand Hyatt for the same dates (both flexible) and waiting to decide which one to keep and which one to cancel. Earlier reports of stinginess of W were disturbing, your latest update is a bit comforting, but I wish the upgrades were proactive. I am still on the fence until further reports!
Old May 14, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for the continued updates. I currently have rooms booked at W and Grand Hyatt for the same dates (both flexible) and waiting to decide which one to keep and which one to cancel. Earlier reports of stinginess of W were disturbing, your latest update is a bit comforting, but I wish the upgrades were proactive. I am still on the fence until further reports!
If your stay is during Ramadan then I would definietly go for W , it is quite so good change of being upgraded and the free food at La Spiga and Spice Market is AWESOME!
Old May 14, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
If your stay is during Ramadan then I would definietly go for W , it is quite so good change of being upgraded and the free food at La Spiga and Spice Market is AWESOME!
It's a few months from now so I still have time for more reports, and Ramadan will not be an issue by then... I will keep W in mind for Ramadan in future years though! Thank you
Old May 14, 2019, 7:09 am

Broader discussion, but is it worth it to visit Doha vs Dubai? Or is it better to give Doha a few more years to catch up with construction before the 2022 World Cup?
Old May 14, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
Broader discussion, but is it worth it to visit Doha vs Dubai? Or is it better to give Doha a few more years to catch up with construction before the 2022 World Cup?
I found Doha to be rather boring. I think Dubai is more fun and has more to offer. This'll be up to everyone's personal taste, though.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Short answer is Dubai by a long shot. I think if you want a more detailed discussion you could ask in the destination threads rather than here which is limited to W.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Executive Lounge Access

Hi all. Can someone confirm that Marriott Platinums receive lounge access? I'll be at W on a Tuesday evening / Wednesday day. I know it was taken away at LCs and most Ws don't even have lounges, and Marriott has changed everything up, so I'm sure it's not an official benefits. Thanks for confirming.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:37 am

You do but the lounge is rather depressing IMO
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
always enjoy the W. The Gin drinks are about all you can drink until 1900 in the restaurant on the first floor on Thursday evenings!!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:35 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by helvetic
You do but the lounge is rather depressing IMO
Really what has changed? I haven't been in over a year but still loved it for dinner or midday snacks last time I was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.