Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia [Master Thread]

Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia [Master Thread]

Reply

Old Jan 17, 16, 4:12 pm
  #121  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: HHD, SPG LTG
Posts: 1,648
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
Source? I wasn't aware that properties could refuse them.
Our booking for May 2016 has no option to apply SNA.
alanslegal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 16, 6:42 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: BONVOY AMBASSADOR STATUS, QANTAS CHAIRMAN'S LOUNGE
Posts: 46
Specialty suites

The hotel has three very large suites which they probably classify as specialty suites and rightly so- given their size and cost. Guess there is no reason the hotel could not allocate their premium rooms as eligible for SNA upgrades though..
luvtotravel72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 16, 12:17 am
  #123  
D93
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
This hotel doesn't accept SNAs. It's also very stingy on upgrades to real (2 room) suites.
Not sure what you're talking about because I just made a reservation for April 2016 and applied a SNA to it.
D93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 16, 11:34 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: YYZ
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy (SPG) Lifetime Plat Premier, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Posts: 779
Originally Posted by D93 View Post
Not sure what you're talking about because I just made a reservation for April 2016 and applied a SNA to it.
It may depend on dates. For my points rezzie in this month SNAs were not acceptable. Another OP had the same issue for his upcoming May rez. FYI, I contacted Lurker a couple a years ago on the same issue in reference to Westins St Maarten and Cayman. I was told that both props were not set up for SNAs.
Medved is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 16, 12:03 pm
  #125  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Posts: 31,593
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
It may depend on dates. For my points rezzie in this month SNAs were not acceptable. Another OP had the same issue for his upcoming May rez. FYI, I contacted Lurker a couple a years ago on the same issue in reference to Westins St Maarten and Cayman. I was told that both props were not set up for SNAs.
This hotel participates in Suite Night Awards and they are set up. The choice would be a Lagoon Edge Suite.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Feb 3, 16 at 3:43 pm
Starwood Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 16, 8:01 pm
  #126  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 24,593
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
Were you in renovated rooms? I'm not worried about the work impacting our stay - it's not until next June.
Perhaps I spoke too soon. The end date of renovations keeps moving out. It moved to May in the last few days. Iirc, it started as March.

edit- ack, now their property-specific site says "mid-2016".
CPRich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 16, 12:45 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SEA
Posts: 1,356
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
Perhaps I spoke too soon. The end date of renovations keeps moving out. It moved to May in the last few days. Iirc, it started as March.

edit- ack, now their property-specific site says "mid-2016".
I'm planning a two night stay in December... I'm guessing I am safe by then??
Single_Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 16, 2:49 am
  #128  
DCF
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Programs: Etihad Guest
Posts: 1,532
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
I'm planning a two night stay in December... I'm guessing I am safe by then??
December? Are you serious?

You're going to need an umbrella and some good books.
DCF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 16, 5:47 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: YYZ
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy (SPG) Lifetime Plat Premier, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Posts: 779
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
This hotel participates in Suite Night Awards and they are set up. The choice would be a Lagoon Edge Suite.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Interesting. In case with my reservation it was showing "not available". I had 5 SNAs in my account for five nights. I tried to apply them 2 months in advance. Does this mean all suites were pre sold?
Medved is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 16, 3:11 am
  #130  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Guangzhou
Programs: SPG
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
Interesting. In case with my reservation it was showing "not available". I had 5 SNAs in my account for five nights. I tried to apply them 2 months in advance. Does this mean all suites were pre sold?
Hi Medved,

If you could provide us your reservation confirmation number via the email address below, we would look into this for you.

[email protected]

Best Regards,

Christina Zhou
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Starwood Lurker III is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 16, 6:50 am
  #131  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: HHD, SPG LTG
Posts: 1,648
Originally Posted by D93 View Post
Not sure what you're talking about because I just made a reservation for April 2016 and applied a SNA to it.
Hi there, have you visited the property yet? Can you give us some feedback about the renovations?

I will be there end of May so hopefully they will be wrapping things up there (and no loud noises or bobcats driving around).
alanslegal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 16, 5:52 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SEA
Posts: 1,356
Originally Posted by DCF View Post
December? Are you serious?

You're going to need an umbrella and some good books.
Yep, serious. Going for two nights, plan to see the reef.
Single_Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 16, 6:03 pm
  #133  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: YYZ
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy (SPG) Lifetime Plat Premier, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Posts: 779
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker III View Post
Hi Medved,

If you could provide us your reservation confirmation number via the email address below, we would look into this for you.

[email protected]

Best Regards,

Christina Zhou
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Thanks, Christina. My stay was in January. I actually emailed William in December but got no response. I had a decent upgrade to a Junior suite anyways.
Medved is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 16, 6:05 pm
  #134  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: YYZ
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy (SPG) Lifetime Plat Premier, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Posts: 779
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
Yep, serious. Going for two nights, plan to see the reef.
I stayed there twice mid January. In 2008 was 5 days of nonstop rain. In 2016 5 days not a drop of rain.
Medved is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 16, 6:16 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SEA
Posts: 1,356
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
I stayed there twice mid January. In 2008 was 5 days of nonstop rain. In 2016 5 days not a drop of rain.
I guess it's a gamble. Hopefully I'll get lucky. I'm from Seattle, so rain doesn't bother me that much anyway.
Single_Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread